What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

The Joker

Juniors
I doubt Stuart if make any changes to the side apart from maybe Buhrer simply because he would get better use out of another prop. If there's an injury to a half/outside back there are other players who can cover in a pinch e.g Lewis or Bird. Stuart may as well have only picked 16 players

Deacon

First Grade
Some People are kidding if they think Merrin wont be there in game 2 his stats were well and truly above par. He and the likes of Woods are the future of the NSW pack

Apey

Staff member
creagh and buhrer were the iffy selections prior to the game and pretty much confirmed suspicions.

although he was picked buhrer should never have been subbed on, Farah was doing fine

creagh - his usual origin performance...

Springs

First Grade
Stewart, Hayne, Jennings, Morris, Uate, Carney, Pearce, Gallen, Farah, Tamou, Watmough, Stewart, Bird. Lewis, Williams, Woods, Merrin/Mannah/Leoroyd-Lahrs.

No point sticking with Buhrer, Lewis is a much better utility anyway. Woods to interchange with Tamou, only one that could keep up Tamou's good work in my opinion. Any other prop for the other spot, Merrin might as well stay although Sims would be in if uninjured.

anjado

Juniors
Ben Creagh made 3 hit ups tonight just like the origin before when he made 4 and 4 before that i swear Gallen in game 2 last season made more hit ups in that game than Ben Creagh has made in his entire Origin career the guy is to soft for Origin. He 100% should never be picked again last night was his opportunity against a Queensland pack which wasn't very good but he still failed.

Buhrer was a waste of a bench spot he should go to.

NSW should only make 2 changes

Front rower for Creagh they need a big front rower on the bench. Look at Williams and Tamou they worried Queensland with there size.

So it should either be Mannah,Grant,Learoyd-Lahrs,Woods anyone basically who would take more than 4 hit ups.

Buhrer was never good enough for Origin i like him as a player but it was just a bad selection maybe in 3 years or something.

Pick Watmough for him.

Merrin was fine he wasn't outstanding but he did a good enough job to be retained for the series. If he has one more good game probably deserves selection next season.

Keep the same starting side NSW started really well and played well throughout the game just need a bit more impact from the bench.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd have T Rex playing some big minutes, he's too good to just be playing 20mins, Creagh is useless, bring Woods in for him and Watmough for Buhrer.

I rate Glenn Stewart but I'm starting to wonder if he's an origin player.

RABK

Referee
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

tony.

Juniors
I'd say as-is but tweak the bench and bring in Watmough for Creagh and Grant for Buhrer. Give Carney a chance, he did have some bad patches but he's our best chance and will improve as he gets used to Origin, hopefully he can shake off the nerves and be back to his confident best.

Parraren

Bench
I'd have T Rex playing some big minutes, he's too good to just be playing 20mins, Creagh is useless, bring Woods in for him and Watmough for Buhrer.

I rate Glenn Stewart but I'm starting to wonder if he's an origin player.

I wouldn't mind seeing T Rex start.

Go for a more punchy starting back row - 11. T Rex 12. Watmough 13. Bird

Bench - 14. Lewis 15. G Stewart 16. Merrin/Mannah 17. Woods

A few minor tweaks and we're there.

WestCoastEel

Juniors
Buhrer out, Watmough in
Creagh out, Woods or Mannah in

That's all that's needed.

Tony Williams to get more minutes would be handy!

DJShaksta

First Grade
Watmough in for Buhrer, no other changes.
Most played well, f**k we were close.
carney went missing but is a class player and will do better next time.

Don't feel like going into any more detail, too pissed off, proud of the effort though

Pazza

First Grade
Stewart
Uate
Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Carney
Pearce
Gallen
Farrah
Tamou
Lewis
Stewart
Bird

Burher
Merrin
Williams
Mannah

- Creagh for me is a waste considering that there is a spot on the bench Ricky has for a forward that only plays 20 mins. Why not give this spot to a young prop for development purposes. We already have Gallen, Lewis, Stewart, Bird, Williams and Burher that are capable of playing back row.

Jono078

Referee
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams
I like it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Watmough in for Creagh, maybe bring someone in for Buhrer (Hinchcliffe), but if he's just there to give Farah a quick breather then it's hardly worth the effort. Keep the rest of the team the same where possible.

couldnt agree more
Watmong for Creagh is an absolute gimmie

Hinchy or another utility for Buhrer if we feel we need it, otherwise replace him with a forward (a shame Sims is hurt :( ) and thats all the changes required unless forced by injury

Uate really needs to work on his defense though

Disco

Bench
As most say, i'd bring in Watmough and Woods for Creagh and Buhrer.

Buhrer is unlucky as he did nothing wrong but i still believe that we dont really need a utility, with Bird, Lewis and G Stewart.

That said i would keep Buhrer with the squad as 18th man

Pazza

First Grade
did everyone miss the memo? where Stuart told Watmough that NSW where heading in a different direction! I'd love to have Watmough in the side but i think his days of playing for the blues are over.

Latest posts