What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

MKCS

Juniors
I'd be very happy for the player payments (30 or 40K each per game???)to be held over as a winner takes all pot. NSW players do not deserve diddly squat as a financial return for being so inept. They are ruining this concept. Time for relegation. Give Vic or Tas or f**king any other mob a go.

You can not gve the losing team in this series the same monetary reward as the winners any longer. QLD players deserve a motza for showing up and having a go. Why would you reward mediocrity from NSW players and their organisation year after year?

A "Rest Of Australia" team would get belted by both NSW and QLD.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'm generally okay with the squad, with a few minor changes. The issue I think is we just don't have the cattle that Queensland has in terms of gamebreakers and managers. This is a side that can have DCE, Milford et al on the sidelines which, if they were NSW players, we would bring into the side pretty quickly.

Who do we have? A couple of kids in Moylan and Cleary, plus Adam Reynolds, and then what I think are pretty second tier players like Green, Moses, and Sezer. I mean we gave Josh Reynolds a crack.

forward pass

Coach
Not many posters picking Nathan Brown in their side. He would have to be an absolute certainty - at least off the bench. He is made for origin. He has not let the Eels down once.

And Gutho has to be there - so does Turbo Tom.

Valheru

Coach
Not sure why everyone has Cordner in their team. He knocked on what 2 or 3 times last night and was involved in letting 2 trys in.

He did nothing in that series to suggest to me he need to be selected again.

He made 149m which is 70 better than the next best starting NSW forward last night. He made 151m in game one which was 2nd behind Fifita of the starting forwards and 153m in game 2 which was easily the best of the starting forwards.

Overall he made 453m which is 100m better than the next starting forward and 2nd overall behind Klemmer who was great in all 3 games. He also made the most tackles of any forward (besides Peats) for NSW at 87

But yeah, he offered nothing.

betcats

Referee
He made 149m which is 70 better than the next best starting NSW forward last night. He made 151m in game one which was 2nd behind Fifita of the starting forwards and 153m in game 2 which was easily the best of the starting forwards.

Overall he made 453m which is 100m better than the next starting forward and 2nd overall behind Klemmer who was great in all 3 games. He also made the most tackles of any forward (besides Peats) for NSW at 87

He was our best edge player in the series by a mile despite being a bit off last night. Frizzel had his moments but wasn't used properly, injury may of played its part.

Valheru

Coach
He was our best edge player in the series by a mile despite being a bit off last night. Frizzel had his moments but wasn't used properly, injury may of played its part.

Yeah Cords wasn't up to it defensively last night, no doubt and that was obviously due to injury. Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily bagging the others and I agree Friz looked injured too.

Shorty

Staff member
I know everyone loves Tedesco but once he's contained he's a very 1 dimensional player.
Morgan ran up off the line with him quite a number of times, which worked well for Queensland...but there were opportunities there for points if he'd been a bit more creative.

Frailty

First Grade
Too many Shannon Boyd selections... This guy goes missing at club level all the time.

1. Tedesco
2. T Trbojevic
5. Morris
6. Maloney
8. Vaughan
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. J Trbojevic

14. Peachey
15. Fifita
16. Frizell

The rest of the spots are up for some real genuine competition

betcats

Referee
Too many Shannon Boyd selections... This guy goes missing at club level all the time.

1. Tedesco
2. T Trbojevic
5. Morris
6. Maloney
8. Vaughan
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. J Trbojevic

14. Peachey
15. Fifita
16. Frizell

The rest of the spots are up for some real genuine competition

I don't see why Graham has earned a start, yes he was good in game one but he sucked after that. His miss on McGuire turned game 2 which ended up being the turning point of the whole series, they should of picked Luke Lewis there this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not sure why everyone has Cordner in their team. He knocked on what 2 or 3 times last night and was involved in letting 2 trys in.

He did nothing in that series to suggest to me he need to be selected again.
Another Rooster not up to the next level, and they made this plodder captain lol.

Him and Plod Jackson are the ploddiest back row combo in the history of RL.

Jake T should start at lock with Graham and Frizzel on the edges. But it will never happen sadly.

MilkShark

First Grade

He was running like a front rower, single hitups offering nothing.

Isn't this guy supposed to be some amazing edge running backrower? Didn't see it happen once.

Piss of Bordner.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm assuming you guys missed Pearce's missed tackle and the following play of getting tackled in goal last night? Origin plays both of them. Keep him at halfback and give him the captaincy. He's ready to stand up.
He'll be 29 next season and it will be he's time, look out QLD you are f**ked.

MilkShark

First Grade
Another Rooster not up to the next level, and they made this plodder captain lol.

Him and Plod Jackson are the ploddiest back row combo in the history of RL.

Jake T should start at lock with Graham and Frizzel on the edges. But it will never happen sadly.
Thats exactly what should happen but never will. It'd be too much for Daley and Sterlo to admit they got it wrong.

At least Walters dropped players and picked better ones.

big hit!

Bench
listing a squad 300 days out from the next match is pointless.

only blokes safely welcome back next year are Frizell, Klemmer, jTrob, Bird, and dugan. when nsw needed footballers to stand up and fight, these guys put in - BOTH MATCHES!!!

game 1 heroes are all downhill skiers.

ferguson, maloney, pearce, woods, jackson, graham, and cordner - these guys don't belong in the rep arena. at the very least, if Cordner squeezes in, he should not be captain. graham is talented, but he's a loose canon. big momentum shifts in this series can be put down to his ill-discipline in the defensive line and his penalties.

Valheru

Coach
He was running like a front rower, single hitups offering nothing.

Isn't this guy supposed to be some amazing edge running backrower? Didn't see it happen once.

Piss of Bordner.

It's because you weren't looking properly. All his runs were on the edge. He had to take all the hit ups because Fifita and Woods dogged it.

Look at the stats, he was by far the best starting forward for NSW over 3 games. Best get used to it, he will be there for years to come.

big hit!

Bench
There's a few very obvious guys who should be stamped as never to play again, either because they don't have it or they are past it - Pearce, Hayne, Ferguson, Dugan, Morris, Woods. There's also a few question marks over a few players - Jackson, Graham, Fifita - who may retain based on having some sort of recent good form.

For next year, there's a few spots we can all agree on.

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
5. Trbojevic
6. Moylan
8. Klezmer
9. Peats
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic
14. Vaughan

IMO, the questions with Fifita and Bird are whether or not they start or come off the bench. Personally, I'd start Bird at right centre with Roberts on the left (over Walker, as I think Roberts would handle the switch better). I'd also probably run with Fifita off the bench and start Vaughan - his opening spells this year have shown he's more than just an impact forward. Ryan James rounds out the prop rotation, but Shannon Boyd wouldn't look out of place. I'd then run with DeBelin and Graham off the bench, with the latter able to fill in out wide when needed.

Finally, the 7. Personally, I'd be going with Cleary as long as he's in some sort of form. The Jarred Mullen gig has scared the f**k out of NSW but this is a kid worth punting on. If his form doesn't hold steady, Maloney keeps his spot.

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Trbojevic
6. Moylan
7. Cleary/Maloney
8. Klemmer
9. Peats
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

14. Fifita
15. James
16. Graham
17. De Belin

cleary/moylan can't consistently rally penrith to wins and you want them as NSW halves?

and most folks are letting personality cloud their judgement on dugan. the bloke stood up in both games when NSW needed several players too. he's not a centre though and there may be better options at fullback. writing him out completely though is just haters hating.

how graham still gets a mention after losing the series is beyond me. talented footballer, ill-disciplined merkin

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
It's because you weren't looking properly. All his runs were on the edge. He had to take all the hit ups because Fifita and Woods dogged it.

Look at the stats, he was by far the best starting forward for NSW over 3 games. Best get used to it, he will be there for years to come.
Righto mate, dream on.

Check out this video:

1 min mark of video: Cordner turns his back runs back, he runs to the wrong side and leaves a massive hole for Smith / Slater to run through. He's lucky Cronk doesn't score.

3 min mark of video: missed tackle on Munster, QLD score in the corner.

Not to mention his 2 or 3 knock ons.

NSW's best forward right there.

Captain Plodner.

big hit!

Bench
Yeah Cords wasn't up to it defensively last night, no doubt and that was obviously due to injury. Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily bagging the others and I agree Friz looked injured too.

cords was selfish. should never have played last night. he should have also come off in game 2 when his calf was f**ked up. frizell was sacrificed in all 3 matches for the graham/cordner switch and tango. such inflexible strategy from Daley

Valheru

Coach
Righto mate, dream on.

Check out this video:

1 min mark of video: Cordner turns his back runs back, he runs to the wrong side and leaves a massive hole for Smith / Slater to run through. He's lucky Cronk doesn't score.

3 min mark of video: missed tackle on Munster, QLD score in the corner.

Not to mention his 2 or 3 knock ons.

NSW's best forward right there.

Captain Plodner.

Yep he was poor defensively last night, no argument. He is normally a brick wall but was clearly injured yet still showed more heart than the other starting forwards and never stopped carrying the ball up with venom when the likes of Fifita, Woods and Jackson were too scared to.

Clearly our best starting forward over the 3 games.

You are just having a sook because you want Graham to take his place and that will never happen. As I said, Cordner will be there for years to come, you will just have to accept it.