What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

mrpwnd

Bench
Weyman is lazy.
We saw what happens when he's playing in a weaker team in origin, just flat out stops playing properly and gets slapped around, hardly fitting for a bloke his size.

hellteam

First Grade
Just got back from CUA Stadium.

3.Jennings
13.Lewis (c)

Should be certainties IMO.

Agreed, Jennings has GOT to be left centre.

I noticed he was playing right at the start of the year, was that because he thought he would have more chance of getting in rep teams if he was playing right? Because Lyon wasn't in his best form last year and NSW had Morris, Lawrence, Cooper on the left.

Well anyway he is the best left centre NSW has and definitely has to be in the team.

timka4

Bench
The selectors aren't smart enough to put Lewis as starting Lock. Because he is too much of an 'impact' off the bench, bunch of bullsh*t, he should be starting

Spot On

Coach
And you've decided this over 18 months?

Weyman plays short minutes and Prior is a versatile forward who plays longer minutes, spends time both up front and in the back row so most of those results are to be expected.

What you haven't taken into account is that Weyman makes more metres overall and more importantly more metres per carry. Also he has been carrying an injury all season which needs to be carefully managed.

Wtf does try assists and line break assists have to do with anything?

You asked why Prior is the better prop - he does things Weyman can't. He's just a better player mate. The numbers also support Prior. I didn't decide the stats buddy - the players rack them up themselves. Weyman's aren't as impressive as Priors. Prior has also received a few Man of the Match awards this year as well. Granted Weyman makes an extra metre on his runs on average according to the stats. He'd want to - he's not on the park for long.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed, Jennings has GOT to be left centre.

I noticed he was playing right at the start of the year, was that because he thought he would have more chance of getting in rep teams if he was playing right? Because Lyon wasn't in his best form last year and NSW had Morris, Lawrence, Cooper on the left.

Well anyway he is the best left centre NSW has and definitely has to be in the team.
I think it was because he was picked at right centre for City, NSW Game 3 and Australia last season. Certainly looks more dangerous on the left. He seems to get better ball and he has a great combination with Pritchard.

watatank

Coach
You asked why Prior is the better prop - he does things Weyman can't. He's just a better player mate. The numbers also support Prior. I didn't decide the stats buddy - the players rack them up themselves. Weyman's aren't as impressive as Priors. Prior has also received a few Man of the Match awards this year as well. Granted Weyman makes an extra metre on his runs on average according to the stats. He'd want to - he's not on the park for long.

No it doesn't explain why Prior is a better prop...it explains why he's more versatile. There's a difference.

They are different types of players with different roles...that's why it's stupid to compare stats.

Metres and metres per carry are very important stats to consider for a prop because it shows how effective their running game is, particularly when the first couple of runs of a set when a prop runs are usually the hardest and set the platform for the rest of the team.

typicalfan

Coach
No it doesn't explain why Prior is a better prop...it explains why he's more versatile. There's a difference.

They are different types of players with different roles...that's why it's stupid to compare stats.

Metres and metres per carry are very important stats to consider for a prop because it shows how effective their running game is, particularly when the first couple of runs of a set when a prop runs are usually the hardest and set the platform for the rest of the team.
This is correct. What hit up numbers and tackle numbers don't tell you is when in a set you make runs or what impact they have. Weyman is the main man for the Dragons and has been over the last two years he is they guy that often takes the first hit up which sets up the teams go forward, without Weyman the Dragons wouldn't be anywhere near as effective. Weyman has looked a bit tired since origin started but please, Prior isn't even a proper front rower, he is just an athletic big man that can fill positions due to injury a player like Dan Hunt.

Justin Poore has found it much harder without him around as well. Matt Prior didn't even start the game tonight at front row and doesn't play there all game.

Matt Prior would find it much tougher to bend the line if he was the one starting the sets off, in fact he would be ordinary at it.

Last edited:

screeder

Juniors
Prediction:- Gidley to captain the team, this time from the comfort of his arm chair at home or if he's lucky, the coaches box.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Weyman, Hunt and Merrin are all much better props than Prior for us. Prior may play in the front row from time to time but he typically runs a little wider and later in the set. Both of which amount to easier meters. Prior is an incredibly versatile player but he's a much more effective 2nd rower in regards to his running game. He isn't even in the same ballpark as the other 3 as a prop.

Most of the stats you've mentioned are irrelevant for judging whether a "prop" is good or not.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Time for some youth, youth and more youth (and Hindy as captain)

Josh Dugan
Brett Morris
Michael Jennings
Jamal Idris
Jarryd Hayne
Todd Carney
Mitchell Pearce
Kade Snowden
Robbie Farah
Keith Galloway
Anthony Watmough
Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
Luke Lewis

Luke Douglas
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Paul Gallen
Mitchell Aubusson

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Time for some youth, youth and more youth (and Hindy as captain)

Josh Dugan
Brett Morris
Michael Jennings
Jamal Idris
Jarryd Hayne
Todd Carney
Mitchell Pearce
Kade Snowden
Robbie Farah
Keith Galloway
Anthony Watmough
Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
Luke Lewis

Luke Douglas
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Paul Gallen
Mitchell Aubusson
Thanks for the laugh :lol:

Lawrence must be there. That kid is dangerous and can defend too.

Tough to pIck between him and Jennings

Not tough at all. Pick both as the centres. These 2 can be the centre pairing for NSW for the next 3-5 years. Lawrence on the left and Jennings on the right.

Both are the best centres we have and should be the pairing for game 3.

These 2 will cause QLD players plently of problems if they get good ball.

I rate both players as better than Irdis, Morris and Scott by a long way.

Spot On

Coach
Thanks for the tips fellas. I hope Weyman continues to bash the ball up for you in impressive fashion for the remainder of the season and well into the final series. But I sincerely hope he doesn't get a shot at Origin again as his performances have shown he is ineffective. No argument there.

Didgi

Hayne
J. Morris
Lawrence
Jennings
Is Aku Uate eligible?
Soward
Pearce
Snowden
Ennis/Farah
Weyman
Watmough
Gallen
Lewis
--
Bench with some of TLL, Galloway, King, Douglas, Creagh, Mannah, Tolman, Greg Bird

MSIH

Bench
Grant out played King and Perry last night IMO. Could be a bolter.

King and Perry are ordinary. Can't believe Perry played for Aus and Origin I and I can't believe King's close to getting an Origin birth.

Grant's a great talent and I'd expect to dominate against those two plodders.

Latest posts