What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW origin side.

The Damo

Juniors
If they had a half who delivered on the night, they would have won by 20.

As we are all well aware, having a half who delivers will totally change the outcome.

Had Hunt played decent, goodnight NSW.

That WAS the only missing link for an easy QLD win.

You all say it's a NSW dynasty, however, winning by only 4 when their key man played a shocker tells me there will be no dynasty.

If they get their halves right, we won't get close in game 3.

No point debating it now, game 3 will tell the story.

Post me when the result is known. Put in your diary.
Who is this “you all” who say it’s a dynasty?
Are you able to write anything without making things up?
Post me when you can answer a question honestly.

The Damo

Juniors
If they had a half who delivered on the night, they would have won by 20.

As we are all well aware, having a half who delivers will totally change the outcome.

Had Hunt played decent, goodnight NSW.

That WAS the only missing link for an easy QLD win.

You all say it's a NSW dynasty, however, winning by only 4 when their key man played a shocker tells me there will be no dynasty.

If they get their halves right, we won't get close in game 3.

No point debating it now, game 3 will tell the story.

Post me when the result is known. Put in your diary.
Oh and who should be their halfback? Name please.

Frank Facer

First Grade

getsmarty

Immortal
robsonr-1850662rc.jpg

NSW UNDER 20S

Robson, Johns make NSW Under-20s team
Author
NSWRL
Timestamp
Sat 30 Jun 2018, 05:07 PM

The NSW Rugby League has today announced the NSW Under-20 squad to take on Queensland in the 2018 Holden State of Origin III curtain-raiser on Wednesday 11 July at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium.

The team will assemble on Friday 6 July and will travel to Kiama under the guidance of coach Matt King who played nine games for NSW.

They will travel to Brisbane on Monday 9 July in preparation for the fixture, where NSW will be looking for their seventh-straight victory over Queensland.

The Under-20 State of Origin clash will kick off at 5.15pm.

The NSW Under-20 squad is:

Name Club
1 Ryan Papenhuyzen Melbourne Storm
2 Isaac Lumelume Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
3 Matheson Johns St George-Illawarra Dragons
4 Billy Smith Sydney Roosters
5 Brian Too Penrith Panthers
6 Sean O’Sullivan Sydney Roosters
7 Kyle Flanagan Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
8 Oregon Kaufusi Parramatta Eels
9 Reece Robson St George-Illawarra Dragons
10 Jai Whitbread Gold Coast Titans
11 William Burns Penrith Panthers
12 Josh Curran Sydney Roosters
13 Emre Guler Canberra Raiders
14 Blayke Brailey Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
15 Ky Rodwell South Sydney Rabbitohs
16 Setefano Hala Canberra Raiders
17 Teig Wilton Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
18 Josh Carr Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
19 Brendan O’Hagan Canberra Raiders

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/06/30/robson-johns-make-nsw-under-20s-team/

getsmarty

Immortal
simst-180528-gp-03.jpg

Sims named for NSW Origin debut
Author
NSWRL
Timestamp
Mon 2 Jul 2018, 09:39 AM

The NSWRL has today announced the Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues team to take on the Queensland Maroons on Wednesday, 11 July.

There is one change to the line-up which took out the series in Game Two, with Paul Vaughan replacing Matt Prior in the starting front row and Tariq Sims earning his State of Origin debut on the bench. Ryan James has been named as 18th man, with both Prior and Luke Keary to join camp as development players.

The Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues squad for Origin III, 2018 is as follows:
1. James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
2. Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
3. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)
4. James Roberts (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
6. James Maloney (Penrith Panthers)
7. Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
8. David Klemmer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
11. Boyd Cordner (c) (Sydney Roosters)
12. Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
13. Jack de Belin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
14. Tariq Sims (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
16. Angus Crichton (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
17. Tyrone Peachey (Penrith Panthers)
18. Ryan James (Gold Coast Titans)

Shadow players:

• Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters)
• Matt Prior (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)

Coach: Brad Fittler

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/02/sims-named-for-nsw-origin-debut/

getsmarty

Immortal
vaughanp-1807034.jpg

STATE OF ORIGIN

Dragons quartet eye off rare Blues double
Author
Brad Walter Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 3 Jul 2018, 05:01 PM

After being a member of NSW’s triumphant State of Origin team, St George Illawarra prop Paul Vaughan is daring to dream about joining the rare group of Blues who have won a premiership in the same season.

With the Dragons sitting at the top of the Telstra Premiership ladder, Vaughan and fellow Blues forwards Tyson Frizell, Jack de Belin and Tariq Sims are on track to become the first NSW players to win the Origin and NRL grand final double for 14 years.

South Sydney’s Damien Cook and Angus Crichton are also a chance of joining the list of 21 former Blues stars to have done so, along with Roosters trio Boyd Cordner, James Tedesco and Latrell Mitchell, Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr, Brisbane’s James Roberts and Penrith’s James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, Tyrone Peachey and Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

Sharks prop Matt Prior, who played in Origin II but has been omitted for next Wednesday's match, is also in the running for the rare honour.

The last players to have achieved the feat were Canterbury forwards Andrew Ryan, Mark O’Meley and Willie Mason in 2004, while Newcastle’s 1997 grand final heroes Andrew Johns, Paul Harragon and Adam Muir also helped NSW to Origin glory that season.

stat-attack_series--premiership_20180703.jpg

Two years after leaving Canberra to revive his NRL career at the Dragons, Vaughan is now hoping he and his clubmates can join the list of illustrious names, which also includes Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Glenn Lazarus, Bradley Clyde, Peter Sterling, Brett Kenny and Steve Mortimer.

"It’s a little surreal at the moment, obviously with the Origin series win that was pretty cool and with the Saints going the way we are … if all the boys can come back healthy after representative duties I think we will give it a fair shake," Vaughan said at Blues training on Tuesday.

"To get the grand final win, it’s a dream. It is what you want to do when you are a young fella. It is why you play the game, it is why you put the hard yards in every day of your professional career so if we get a chance to do that I will be over the moon.

"I am just really lucky and honoured to be a part of this Origin win and to be part of Saints as well, because it is a great team and a great organisation."

After playing from the interchange in NSW’s victories in the first two Holden State of Origin matches, Vaughan has been promoted to start in next Wednesday night’s series finale and he is keen to take the first hit-up at Suncorp Stadium.

Vaughan wants first hit-up for Origin III

Vaughan is also looking forward to being on the field with Frizell and de Belin at the kick-off, while Sims could start as the left-edge forward if Cordner is ruled out with his calf injury from the first half of the June 24 series-clinching 18-14 win at ANZ Stadium.

"It’s good to start next week with Debsy [de Belin] because he ball-plays a lot at club [level] and we sort of run the same sort of shape so it is a little bit easier for me,” he said.

"It is good playing with those boys because you get out there and get a sense of pride that the boys are doing so well being on rep duty so it is not something I am going to take for granted."

With Queensland wanting to farewell captain Billy Slater with a win in his last Origin and also planning to celebrate the career of former skipper Cameron Smith, Vaughan knows the Blues will have to be at their best to complete their first series clean sweep since 2000.

"We have got a good opportunity to go three-zip which hasn’t been done for a long time so we have just got to be a little bit ruthless in what we are doing," he said. "I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot Queensland would want to be ruthless too so that is what we should be working towards.

Cordner confident calf injury won't be a problem

"It is a young squad and I am 27, so I am one of the older fellows and I have seen it all happen watching the game for a long time so I want to be part of that situation."

Once Origin is finished, Vaughan said the St George Illawarra quartet would turn their attention to the run home to the finals and trying to help the Dragons to their first premiership since 2010.

“It is a pretty cool feeling to go back there, we are sitting on top at the moment and we are winning games so that is nice,” he said. “If you ask any of the boys, they will be humming to get back. We are building a good culture there so it is pretty awesome.”

BLUES PLAYERS WHO WON ORIGIN SERIES AND PREMIERSHIP IN THE SAME YEAR

• 2004 Canterbury: Mark O’Meley, Willie Mason, Andrew Ryan
  • 1997 Newcastle: Andrew Johns, Paul Harragon, Adam Muir
  • 1996 Manly: Geoff Toovey, Steve Menzies
  • 1994 Canberra: Brett Mullins, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Bradley Clyde, Ken Nagas
  • 1993 Brisbane: Glenn Lazarus
  • 1992 Brisbane: Chris Johns, Glenn Lazarus
  • 1990 Canberra: Ricky Stuart, Laurie Daley, Glenn Lazarus, Bradley Clyde
  • 1986 Parramatta: Eric Grothe, Brett Kenny, Peter Sterling
  • 1985 Canterbury: Chris Mortimer, Steve Mortimer, Peter Tunks

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/04/dragons-quartet-eye-off-rare-blues-double/

Latest posts