What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN 2023

Stake Removed

First Grade
Maybe it's just me, Fittler is not a good coach, his advises got it wrong till it was too late.
Cleary - Luai are not answer at SOO level it dosent suit the team.
Moses - Walker does they run the ball they put pressure on the defence. Hynes is suited to that style he can step in.
Less Teddy gets into backline is more, his greatest skill, he hanging around forwards getting offload playing in the middle.
It's not rocket science.
But 2024 we know what happens Cleary back in team.
They will sweat on Turbo being fit.
Actually maybe pick the team that works, running halves work.
If Teddy is finished the fullback for NSW needs to be either Latrell or Kennedy as they suit the style that was played

Chimp

Bench
Why have drinkwater as 18th man? U already have a fullback on the bench wtf
I’ve only just caught the game as am on holiday in Turkey, but that was exactly what I was saying when I saw the team line-up. Just shows how little consideration goes into his selections. Imagine if a prop gets HIA’d by foul play and he can use the 18th man, only to have another fullback sat on the bench. What a dumb ass. Whereas if a fullback or
outside back goes down with a prop as 18th man, Gutho slots in and you’ve then got the hooker, 2 props and a back row bench that he should have gone with anyway.

SadShark

Bench
Cameron Sniff nailed it. No SOO players, No resilience. No premiership.

We haven’t had a number of SOO players for many years now. We are far Ken far Ked.

Special K

Coach
Cameron Sniff nailed it. No SOO players, No resilience. No premiership.

We haven’t had a number of SOO players for many years now. We are far Ken far Ked.
Ronnie was picked for QLD and would be in the mix still if eligible. If you swapped Katoa and To'o is the difference huge?

Nikora would play for the blues/QLD if Australian.

Sifa/Nicho got dudded when in form. Now out of form

You can argue Best vs Raimen, That tigers player/Knights brothers vs any of our props.

Brailey vs Robson sure I get. But Brailey is in NSW eyes a bees dick behind.

Majority of our best players are there or there abouts/not eligible for SOO. In saying that the only hills I would die on is Nikora would be there if Australian and Nicho got cucked. But I do agree no big game experience hurts.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ronnie was picked for QLD and would be in the mix still if eligible. If you swapped Katoa and To'o is the difference huge?

Nikora would play for the blues/QLD if Australian.

Sifa/Nicho got dudded when in form. Now out of form

You can argue Best vs Raimen, That tigers player/Knights brothers vs any of our props.

Brailey vs Robson sure I get. But Brailey is in NSW eyes a bees dick behind.

Majority of our best players are there or there abouts/not eligible for SOO. In saying that the only hills I would die on is Nikora would be there if Australian and Nicho got cucked. But I do agree no big game experience hurts.

I take this all on board but I would add that if you take out all those ineligibles we have and look at our eligible players you see the gap we have.

Add more if known but I see our eligibles from the latest named side and the discards as Toby, Nicho, Dale, McInnes, Kennedy, Ramien, Tracey, Trindall, Moylan, Graham, Colquhoun, Hazelton, Sifa and Williams.

Then look at other sides who also have a fair amount of ineligibles and the comparison to me is that our eligibles don't compare favourably with those in other sides overall. Theres maybe a few 50/50s and maybe one, who if in form, should be a walkup start but in the big picture any Sharks SOO qualified player is not as good as those that get picked for either Qld or NSW from other teams IMO.

So not only do we not have players that have had big game experience but we don't have many/any likely to consistently get it either. At this stage at least.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Fox Sports reporting Fittler to be given another year.

The circus will only continue.
Full credit to Slater losing the last game, to play Fittler back into being NSW coach for another year looks a master stroke.

Will be more of the Panthers and roostsers