What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

nick87

Coach
Im really enjoying people finally seeing how good Paul Vaughan is
His numbers this year arent a whole lot better than what he was putting up for the Raiders two years ago when i said he was head and shoulders above Dopey Dave Klemmer

The Blues absolute NEED Paul Vaughan and have for years. Glad to see he's finally getting some recognition/

Also lets stop f**king around with Dugan and Jennings. Those guys are being left in the f**king dust by BJ Leilua. The blues are not doing the right thing by their fans if they leave Beej out. He's the best centre in the game right now and has been for 18 months. Last year was understandable, it could be argued he was just in a purple patch... 12 months later its not a purple patch. It's who he is as a player.

nick87

Coach
What formline is anyone who wants Hayne picked using to justify his selection.

None. It's a David strategy.
QLD have the better team, especially in key positions. NSW best hope is to put as many absolute game changers in the side as they can. Hayne is one of few guys who has proven at his best he can win a series.

NSW Backline should be this imo:
1. Tedesco
2. Turbo
3. Bird
4. Leulia
5. Hayne

as long as the halves can catch and f**king pass, that backline is going to up 20.

Life's Good

Coach
His numbers this year arent a whole lot better than what he was putting up for the Raiders two years ago when i said he was head and shoulders above Dopey Dave Klemmer

The Blues absolute NEED Paul Vaughan and have for years. Glad to see he's finally getting some recognition/

Also lets stop f**king around with Dugan and Jennings. Those guys are being left in the f**king dust by BJ Leilua. The blues are not doing the right thing by their fans if they leave Beej out. He's the best centre in the game right now and has been for 18 months. Last year was understandable, it could be argued he was just in a purple patch... 12 months later its not a purple patch. It's who he is as a player.

IMG_0308.JPG

Spot On

Coach
Its hard to imagine a combo of Woods, James and Merrin doing any damage to the QLD defensive line. Possibly a lot of slow play the balls???

Walt Flanigan

Referee
His numbers this year arent a whole lot better than what he was putting up for the Raiders two years ago when i said he was head and shoulders above Dopey Dave Klemmer.

Agree. One of my favorite players at the Raiders while he was there and still enjoy watching him play. Get him in the Blues side ASAP.

Sorry but BJ Leilua for NSW? If the game was solely attack based, sure. However he is a shocker defensively. He was poor when he was at the Roosters, and I've seen little of him either at the Knights or the Raiders to show he has worked on his defence. How would you like to be the second rower who has to defend on the same side with BJ and that other "great" defender James Maloney (and I like Maloney, but he does miss a lot of tackles regrettably)? I don't think against a Qld team which will have great strike power in its backs we can carry 2 players who are not solid defenders.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Sorry but BJ Leilua for NSW? If the game was solely attack based, sure. However he is a shocker defensively. He was poor when he was at the Roosters, and I've seen little of him either at the Knights or the Raiders to show he has worked on his defence. How would you like to be the second rower who has to defend on the same side with BJ and that other "great" defender James Maloney (and I like Maloney, but he does miss a lot of tackles regrettably)? I don't think against a Qld team which will have great strike power in its backs we can carry 2 players who are not solid defenders.

i'm a little more open to BJ having a crack this year simply because GI isn't playing. josh morris's defence is extremely under appreciated for what he's done to negate GI, but with probably chambers there and an underdone billy instead of boyd, it's not as dangerous as what it was.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think part of the problem NSW has is that they think too defensively and can’t break Queensland’s line for sh*t. It’s like NSW pick sides to match QLD rather than try to dominate them. Yes, he’s not the greatest defender but the sh*t he can pull off while under pressure, with very little time and space is worth it’s weight.

But hell, I’m happy to have him at the Raiders over the origin period.

davi

Juniors
Hints that Panthers bad run may free up some spots in an already crowded forward selection process with Merrin and Tamou possibly facing the axe.

"With the NSW Origin guillotine dangling over their heads, Penrith marquee men Trent Merrin and James Tamou have unselfishly vowed to put club ahead of state.

The pair of Penrith big men are facing the real possibility of being left out of Laurie Daley's Blues side when it is read out, in a little over four weeks, as a result of their side's limp start to the NRL season.

With just two wins to show from the first seven rounds, Tamou and Merrin could see their representative hopes dashed as a result of their club's poor form."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/panthers-trent-merrin-and-james-tamou-face-origin-snub

nick87

Coach

Oh stop it
Bj is a perfectly good defensive centre and has been since moving to canberra. Certainly he's better than Jennings as a defender so that's a net positive on both sides of the ball

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Hints that Panthers bad run may free up some spots in an already crowded forward selection process with Merrin and Tamou possibly facing the axe.

"With the NSW Origin guillotine dangling over their heads, Penrith marquee men Trent Merrin and James Tamou have unselfishly vowed to put club ahead of state.

The pair of Penrith big men are facing the real possibility of being left out of Laurie Daley's Blues side when it is read out, in a little over four weeks, as a result of their side's limp start to the NRL season.

With just two wins to show from the first seven rounds, Tamou and Merrin could see their representative hopes dashed as a result of their club's poor form."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/panthers-trent-merrin-and-james-tamou-face-origin-snub

merrin wasn't there last year anyway