What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under-16s

cogger72

Juniors
I can live without the prayer really, but no big deal. I'm surprised they all do it. Wouldn't of had a chance of getting me to pray when i was 16 lol. Kids these days.

Hopoate was very very good. Nothing wrong with Wehbe and the 6 as well.

LimeTime

Juniors
It was Great to see Chris & Rodney back at training last night ,ready to kick on for the 2 blues , and regarding the praying, our boys(cabra 16's) get together before each game and say a little prayer and no one gets left out ,staff opposition ,officials , and yes even the ref lol, I'm not overly religious ,but it's really quite moving

Fatdog

Juniors

Regarding this bit: "In a great show of sportsmanship after the fulltime siren, players from both sides linked arms and congratulated each other in the middle of the field."

That is Para player Chris Ulugia, who is a devout christian, gets players from both sides to share in a prayer at the end of each game. They form a circle and kneel together and say a prayer. It featured in nearly every match Para harold matts played this year. Lovely stuff

I dont mean to offend anyone bit I don't agree with this. fair enough the bloke is a christian, but to get everyone doing it. Whats the point?

I believe in going to the pub after a game and having a beer but I dont make a point of getting everyone to go.

What if a Muslim player tried to get everyone in to face mecca and say a prayer to allah.

BTW I think there is to much influence from Polynesian players. Every kid is calling their mates Bra and Cuzz and I'm totally over the man hugging before and after mathches.

As I said, not trying to offend, just my opinion

rambo1

Juniors
It was Great to see Chris & Rodney back at training last night ,ready to kick on for the 2 blues , and regarding the praying, our boys(cabra 16's) get together before each game and say a little prayer and no one gets left out ,staff opposition ,officials , and yes even the ref lol, I'm not overly religious ,but it's really quite moving

It is moving. For these guys rather than going off and having a beer after a hard fought game they kneel down and say a prayer and thank the lord.

I have a photo of them doing it after the harold matts grand final but I don't know how to upload it.

rambo1

Juniors
I dont mean to offend anyone bit I don't agree with this. fair enough the bloke is a christian, but to get everyone doing it. Whats the point?

I believe in going to the pub after a game and having a beer but I dont make a point of getting everyone to go.

What if a Muslim player tried to get everyone in to face mecca and say a prayer to allah.

BTW I think there is to much influence from Polynesian players. Every kid is calling their mates Bra and Cuzz and I'm totally over the man hugging before and after mathches.

Yeah, I see your point. But I think it's nice how the other teams agree to do it.

parra pete

Referee
It is moving. For these guys rather than going off and having a beer after a hard fought game they kneel down and say a prayer and thank the lord.

I have a photo of them doing it after the harold matts grand final but I don't know how to upload it.

I certainly hope the Under 16 players do not go off and have a BEER after a hard fought match.
There is plenty of time for grog when they reach LEGAL age..

girvie

Staff member
I heard William Hopoate has attracted a big offer from a rival club. It'll be interesting to see if he stays with Manly.

roopy

Referee
I heard William Hopoate has attracted a big offer from a rival club. It'll be interesting to see if he stays with Manly.
Isn't he the oldest of 10 or so?
If you buy one it might be like the four Tupou brothers and four Wilson brothers at Newcastle - you might get half a team.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ive herd that young Ben Picker had a good game for NSW at hooker, did anyone see the game and notice how he went?
He's a likely prospect, good chance he, and older brothers Mick and Joe could all feature in the one FG raiders side in 3-4 years

100yearsRL

Juniors

When people say they arent trying offend then they are trying to hide something. What's the big deal about some kids praying. It wouldn't matter what the polynesian players were doing you would criticize, your bias is obvious. Face the fact they are an important part of our game and they are great people.
Get over it

PS I am fair skinned and anglo

Wicks

Juniors
ive herd that young Ben Picker had a good game for NSW at hooker, did anyone see the game and notice how he went?
He's a likely prospect, good chance he, and older brothers Mick and Joe could all feature in the one FG raiders side in 3-4 years

Picker was in my best players after Hopoate

He played a steady hand in attack Good service and decisions Running was timely and incisive Defence was shaky in the first half but much improved in the second half

rambo1

Juniors
Picker was in my best players after Hopoate

He played a steady hand in attack Good service and decisions Running was timely and incisive Defence was shaky in the first half but much improved in the second half

Picker may be a good player and obviously the selectors kept faith in him. However he only played 6 matches for Canberra during the year. Compare that to the form of the two outstanding hookers in Harold Matthews this year, Nick Folino from Parramatta and Blake South from Penrith, then it doesn't add up. I'll tell you what Folino and South would not have missed any tackles in the first half.

Wicks

Juniors
Picker may be a good player and obviously the selectors kept faith in him. However he only played 6 matches for Canberra during the year. Compare that to the form of the two outstanding hookers in Harold Matthews this year, Nick Folino from Parramatta and Blake South from Penrith, then it doesn't add up. I'll tell you what Folino and South would not have missed any tackles in the first half.

Yeah I am sure they will never miss a tackle on Korbin Sims :sarcasm:

Your support for those players is great but you shouldnt do it by playing down others and tbh your initial comments about the team were not reflected in the game at all

Making comments about a game you didnt see is a bad habit

Fight the power :cool:

Fatdog

Juniors
When people say they arent trying offend then they are trying to hide something. What's the big deal about some kids praying. It wouldn't matter what the polynesian players were doing you would criticize, your bias is obvious. Face the fact they are an important part of our game and they are great people.
Get over it

PS I am fair skinned and anglo

Mate I play with a heap of polynesian guys, I am good friends with all of them and i agree they are great people, so dont try and peg me as a racist.

But I am of the belief that religion is a very private thing and doesnt need to be put on show or forced on other people. And I know what you are going to say " nobody forced the kids to pray". But what 15-16 year old kid is going to put his hand up and say I'm not Christian I'm not doing this.

Before a game the polynesian guys like to go around and give each other a high five and a man hug. Thats not for me so I give them a handshake and say good luck.

Its not a big deal and I'm not trying to make it one. Just my opinion.

rambo1

Juniors
Yeah I am sure they will never miss a tackle on Korbin Sims :sarcasm:

Your support for those players is great but you shouldnt do it by playing down others and tbh your initial comments about the team were not reflected in the game at all

Making comments about a game you didnt see is a bad habit

Fight the power :cool:

Get a woolly bull up ya

Latest posts