What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Nutz

Bench
Not sure whether Manu has done a deal yet.Max Jorgensen went to st joeys a union school & has been an elite junior in the Waratahs pathways system.Dont know if he played league in the Balmain juniors.With Richo at the helm & the players taking to Benji im confident we won’t lose anyone we want to retain.However there’s no doubt the lowlife vultures especially the rorters would b targeting all of our elite kids in the wests junior rep teams.
He played for Balmain Wolves...me bad :(
There's a bit of hype surrounding the lad but rugby boys are a bit of a hit and miss hey.
I like your assessment of where we stand regarding retention Ted...gives me hope.
At the end of the day it's all about getting our act together so we are more attractive rather than being ugly like our board and our on field efforts since 05 really.
I mean to be flogged by 70+ a few times is disgraceful hey. It meant the whole joint had no direction and resolve.

Tigerm

First Grade
He played for Balmain Wolves...me bad :(
There's a bit of hype surrounding the lad but rugby boys are a bit of a hit and miss hey.
I like your assessment of where we stand regarding retention Ted...gives me hope.
At the end of the day it's all about getting our act together so we are more attractive rather than being ugly like our board and our on field efforts since 05 really.
I mean to be flogged by 70+ a few times is disgraceful hey. It meant the whole joint had no direction and resolve.
It’s unpopular with some, but I put a lot of our disgraceful last decade at the feet of Brooks, it wasn’t his fault that they continually backed him, but they did and he just couldn’t deliver.

The club blamed everyone else.

It's glaringly obvious now we see what a proper half can do in only 2 games, what we were missing, a pretty good 6 hasn’t gone astray either?

Coming next season, we will be in an unbelievable position of the amount of 6&7 options available to us.

We finally have a spine and some core players that should help us be competitive deep into the season, I still hesitate to say top 8, it’s been too long.

Nutz

Bench
.... I still hesitate to say top 8, it’s been too long.
Good stuff Tm....
Come on mate lets get on the bus, we are going to play finals footy.
The team is confident so lets get behind them.
No more being jinxed supporters, no more lucky charms or scaredy cat habitual followings....its on the bus all the way.
I've got the doctor's blessing so I'm off to Suncorp and I'll send some winning pics.
Picsart_24-03-15_13-10-50-556.png

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s unpopular with some, but I put a lot of our disgraceful last decade at the feet of Brooks, it wasn’t his fault that they continually backed him, but they did and he just couldn’t deliver.

The club blamed everyone else.

It's glaringly obvious now we see what a proper half can do in only 2 games, what we were missing, a pretty good 6 hasn’t gone astray either?

Coming next season, we will be in an unbelievable position of the amount of 6&7 options available to us.

We finally have a spine and some core players that should help us be competitive deep into the season, I still hesitate to say top 8, it’s been too long.

Just in time article?

They're saying move Gal to 7 next year.

It's all a long way off. but I'd have thought keep Sezer at 7 and maybe consider Gal at 13, Luai obviously 6?
I assume Sezer would be keen on another year.

Tigerm

First Grade
Good stuff Tm....
Come on mate lets get on the bus, we are going to play finals footy.
The team is confident so lets get behind them.
No more being jinxed supporters, no more lucky charms or scaredy cat habitual followings....its on the bus all the way.
I've got the doctor's blessing so I'm off to Suncorp and I'll send some winning pics.
View attachment 86040
Mate, I'm on board with cold hard cash hahaha
BTW, Benji said we need to be on the train, the bus is so yesterday hahaha

I think Luai will play 7. He made a big deal about wanting to the leader and steer the team around. For the money we've signed him on I'm guessing that's the club's expectation as well. Sezer, while great for what we need this year, is going to be 33 in June. I know ESL won't take as much as out of him but lets see how he is at the end of the year. I think he'd be depth next year or possibly 14.

If that doesn't work out you can switch Luai and Galvin and try that. I'm confident the above plan will work out though. Api will be there to help Luai adjust to the new team and position.

WA Tiger

Bench
It just depends on how good these two become, this year.. Benji will have to try Luai and Galvin first. If there is any thought of ditching Sezer, by then he could command a hefty sum from other clubs..? I’m only guessing ofcourse....if the Luai and Galvin partnership isn’t as effective then ? Although, It could be better?

Nutz

Bench
Picsart_24-04-05_04-36-34-196.jpg
Our aim this year should be to try and keep points differential in the +.
Our points differential:
2022 we were last with -327,
8th place Canberra was +63
2023 we were last with -290,
8th placed Canberra was -137.
The anomoly about this is you can sneak into the top 8 if you can win those close games.
In 2023 Canberra won at least 6 games by a couple of points which meant they stayed in the grind.
Regardless of what theory you use, if your in the positive you should be in the 8 or thereabouts.
In the last couple of years we had several games we should have won but didn't and got flogged on numerous occasions.

You often hear people say, "what makes a successful year"....staying positive is a good way of looking at it.
Stay in the fight! :)

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT tweeted
Stefano on getting back into origin.
"Have a look at the players around, I've got Api [Koroisau] helping me out, got Benji, I think the whole coaching staff has helped me become a better player too”

"As much as I want to be the best player I can, I need to do everything I can to put our team in the best position to win. I think when you're winning it's easier to get picked in those kind of teams," Utoikamanau said.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not sure, but it was in his tenure.
My memory is not that great, but I seem to remember, something about they believed he (or his manager) should have been on the same Money as TDS, who got upgraded, when he went into the top 30?
Galvin hadn’t been upgraded at that time.
All settled now though, and he extended 3 years.
Galvin’s management approached the club on multiple occasions during the off-season, under the leadership of both Richardson and his predecessor Justin Pascoe, to seek permission to depart the club in response to the Tigers’ recruitment strategy.

Got the wrong argument, but I thought he had requested permission to go elsewhere?

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT tweeted
This time last year, WT had contracted halves of:

Luke Brooks (off contract)
Adam Doueihi (off contract)
Brandon Wakeham (off contract)
Will Smith (train & trial)
———————
How things can change so quickly and surprisingly so well for us, for a change.

simmo1

First Grade
Looking at our draw for the rest of the year and is very soft. We only have 3 games against the current top 5, and two of them (Storm, Sharks) are during Origin.

Our next 8 weeks - Bulldogs, Knights, Dolphins, Cowboys, Bye, Dragons, Titans, Raiders. Any half decent team would be hoping for at least 10-12 points.

I fully expect disappointment, but there is no excuse to not finish this season with close to 10 wins and at least enter 2025 with some momentum.

Looking at our draw for the rest of the year and is very soft. We only have 3 games against the current top 5, and two of them (Storm, Sharks) are during Origin.

Our next 8 weeks - Bulldogs, Knights, Dolphins, Cowboys, Bye, Dragons, Titans, Raiders. Any half decent team would be hoping for at least 10-12 points.

I fully expect disappointment, but there is no excuse to not finish this season with close to 10 wins and at least enter 2025 with some momentum.
This period will either make us or break us, as far as having a decent season and making progress this year goes.

I'd be happy, and think we had a good year, if we can win 8 games. That would be twice what we got the last 2 years. We'd still miss the semis comfortably but that would be good progress, moving into next year where we have some quality players coming into the team, with hopefully more to come. It would ensure we avoided the dreaded spoon again. Anything more than 8 wins would be an absolute bonus and have us ahead of schedule I reckon.

However, if we only manage 1 or 0 wins out of that run we'll be looking at another season to the last 2 and likely another spoon.

Tigerm

First Grade
R10-Knights-away
R11-Dolphins-away
R12-Cowboy-away
R13-Bye
How often do we do this, have a spurt for a couple of games, then collapse in a heap, the last few games haven’t been appalling, but we’ve been beaten, and no guarantee we win the next 3 games?
What is going wrong, we’ve changed everything, management, coaches and players, but still play like logs most games.
Our depth, I believe is a fallacy, the cup side is poor and I’m being kind to them.
The dogs cup side had players who I thought could easily be starting in our FG side.
Since we lost Fulton, do we have anyone looking at talent coming available, hopefully they aren’t leaving it to Benji to keep an eye on it?

There was a great quote, which I posted a month or so back, from an NFL coach.
The players are all capable, but not many seem WILLING to do what it takes to get there.

Some of our young blokes are the exception.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
R10-Knights-away
R11-Dolphins-away
R12-Cowboy-away
R13-Bye
How often do we do this, have a spurt for a couple of games, then collapse in a heap, the last few games haven’t been appalling, but we’ve been beaten, and no guarantee we win the next 3 games?
What is going wrong, we’ve changed everything, management, coaches and players, but still play like logs most games.
Our depth, I believe is a fallacy, the cup side is poor and I’m being kind to them.
The dogs cup side had players who I thought could easily be starting in our FG side.
Since we lost Fulton, do we have anyone looking at talent coming available, hopefully they aren’t leaving it to Benji to keep an eye on it?

There was a great quote, which I posted a month or so back, from an NFL coach.
The players are all capable, but not many seem WILLING to do what it takes to get there.

Some of our young blokes are the exception.
Did you really think we were going to be better than the teams above us.
As far as recruiting goes..Richo said on the radio the other day that there won't be any more signings for 2025.
I think we are going alright considering a lot of guys are developing.
Next year grasshopper. We should see an improvement after another offseason to iron some bumps out and with a sprinkling of good new players we should make the 8.
If we can retain players like the Ute we'll do well, apparently Fafita is talking to the Panthers so they may leave our big boy alone.

Latest posts