What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nu or Seggy on the interchange?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I was never that exited about the prospect of signing Seggy and his performances to date have been pretty ordinary. Taking into account the setback of his broken arm - he hasn't had the ideal season but has still been quite underwhelming. Nu offers more from the bench because of his versatility and I can see Flange going that way once Brailey gets his match fitness up. Not to say that Seggy couldn't win us a game with a flash of brilliance but Brailey's work from dummy half is as fast and accurate as any hooker in the comp imo.

Card Shark

Immortal
Exactly Bubby.

Was going to say, where's the 3rd option of Paulo?

He's more versatile than Nu imo. Could have a stint with Brailey still at Hooker, in the first half.

M2D2

Bench
Seggy needs minutes, Should play alot of minutes for the Jets.
Nu should be on the bench this week.
Paulo should have a look in though, He can play back row as well so...would be a good one on the bench.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Neither.

Brailey for 80.

And carry either an extra forward on the bench or just put Lee there incase an outside back gets injured.

southland

Juniors
I was one of the fools who was extremely happy to land Seggy. Right at the moment I'd favour Nu Brown...:(

Born BB&W

Juniors
I feel like Nu is a better option but Flanno is persisting with Seggy 1. Coin paid for him 2. Potential (and hoping he shows it). Unfortunately with injury etc and situation Flanno didn't have the luxury of having Seggy in the Jets and absolutely carving it up before coming into the firsts.

Paulo I don't know the guy is silky smooth but always looks like a bloke who is just having a fun game with his mates. Doesn't look urgent and wanting to flatten anyone because it might hurt them.

I agree I would like Brailey for 80 mins but the dude looks like he hasn't got the stamina yet. Don't forget before he did his jaw in teams were targeting him because they could tell he was out of steam.

That first half last week with Brailey in 9 we looked the goods. 2nd half with Seggy we turned to shit IMO.

Good to know I'm not the only bloke on the forum who is a little like Seggy WTF cmon man.

Last edited:

sandshark

Bench
Nu would probably be safer out of the two but Seggy brings that attractive uncertainty you need from a utility.

He needs to pull the finger out though.

I think Chicos defense has improved every game & it it is now up to scratch. Prob match fitness.
Now to get the attack going. You can see the hair on neck stand up when he is close to the line, so id expect that is where its going to happen. Few little kicks etc,
Ennis used to gt bagged last year for going the wrong way & kicks that appeared........out of step with the play. But he was always setting up for further down the track. Genius.

bluefox68

Staff member
Rotation is everything - I disagree with having Segeyaro on the field for 25-30 mins straight. Last 10 mins of first half and first 10-15 mins of second. Breaks it up... Then keep him on the bench for emergency interchange later in the game....

RUBIKS

Juniors
Nu.

Can fill in the halves, backrow and hooker quite adequately.

Seggs is poo and was signed in an "oh shite" moment by someone who doesn't put much faith in rookies.

Card Shark

Immortal
Rotation is everything - I disagree with having Segeyaro on the field for 25-30 mins straight. Last 10 mins of first half and first 10-15 mins of second. Breaks it up... Then keep him on the bench for emergency interchange later in the game....

Users an extra interchange this way though.