What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nyc 2014

aqua_duck

Coach
Mamo, 3 tries and MOTM for nsw in the under 20s game, Sione Mata'utia not far behind, bloody impressive effort for a 17 year old against the best under 20's players

rnb11

Juniors
No u20's team has gone unbeaten in the first 8 rounds until now with our lot.

Our sg made the semis and our matts team is into the grand final. NSW Cup team is on top of the ladder.

Not bad for those saying our development days are over. just need to get these kids ready for first grade now.

aqua_duck

Coach
No u20's team has gone unbeaten in the first 8 rounds until now with our lot.

Our sg made the semis and our matts team is into the grand final. NSW Cup team is on top of the ladder.

Not bad for those saying our development days are over. just need to get these kids ready for first grade now.

My opinion is these things work in cycles, in the current scheme of things I think we're due for a few good juniors come through

That big Marvin guy that scored 2 tries off the bench on debut looks like a beast. Ball skills and power. Not sure about fitness though.

Is he from this year's ball?

Joker's Wild

Coach
How good is this side? Outstanding across the park

Sione is a freak. We need to hold onto that kid at all costs

Joker's Wild

Coach
The boys really impressed today JM. Strong defence, great metres in the middle, good hole running on the edges and speed and power out wide

Sione scored a try where he just powered through 5 players from about 15m out. Hard to believe he is only just 18

aqua_duck

Coach
Sione got a hat trick and saved a certain try when he took an intercept when the titans were about to score, he ran 70m and we scored off that set

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Seen as we're done for the year in FG, I'd love to see us blood Sione in the next few weeks. I think his best position is centre and I wouldn't mind seeing how Leilua goes in the backrow off the bench. He'll eventually play there at some stage of his career anyway, so I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Sione just looks all class and you can tell he could handle the top grade comfortably.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
f**k no. Keep Sione in there, keep Mamo in there. Try and salvage some sort of silverware so the year isn't exactly so forgettable.

They're an incredible side. Hard to find a kid who isn't lacking.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Exactly. Why f**k up our NYC team too? Keep them in a side that is actually playing with some pride and a good shot of going all the way

Swarzey

Bench
He's only 18. You don't rush such talented kids. Plenty of time to get a taste of first grade.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Our NYC team are coming first. They have a great team across the park and will breeze into the finals anyway. It's not like Sione won't be there for the finals.