What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season Fox League Report Card

siv

First Grade
What do people think of the off season League coverage by Fox on our dedicated coverage

Away from Oct-Nov internatiin RL period

In years gone by we had
- club days of about 8-10 games
- off season preview shows per club

What I noticed in over 90% of the coverage it was same 8-10 games from prior years

We had no offseason club preview program this year

Plus was showing a season mix

But overall I was disappointed with no new content just same games replayed over and over

Nothing made me want to sit down and watch the summer coverage after the internationals completed

Rhyno

First Grade
What do people think of the off season League coverage by Fox on our dedicated coverage

Away from Oct-Nov internatiin RL period

In years gone by we had
- club days of about 8-10 games
- off season preview shows per club

What I noticed in over 90% of the coverage it was same 8-10 games from prior years

We had no offseason club preview program this year

Plus was showing a season mix

But overall I was disappointed with no new content just same games replayed over and over

Nothing made me want to sit down and watch the summer coverage after the internationals completed
Piss poor coverage

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
There is still february to go so season previews may come?

I would like to see a weekly NRL360 over the summer. Plenty to talk about.

Like what? Kent rambling on about player behavior throughout the off season while completely glossing over the fact he's not such a saint himself?

Valheru

Coach
Like what? Kent rambling on about player behavior throughout the off season while completely glossing over the fact he's not such a saint himself?

360 is terrible when they have games to talk about.

Kent and Ikin shitting on for an hour about off season indiscretions? No thanks.

They wouldn't talk about offield behaviour if the players stopped being idiots.

Anyways, i was more thinking the international season, player movements, rule changes, WCC etc.

AJB1102

First Grade
They wouldn't talk about offield behaviour if the players stopped being idiots.

Anyways, i was more thinking the international season, player movements, rule changes, WCC etc.

Big "if" mate.

Mascord went on there a good while back talking Internationals and got treated like the weird kid your mum made you invite to your birthday. Kent especially snubs his nose at any rep footy that isn't SoO.

Rule changes won't get any meaningful discussion because neither of the hosts are very cluey. You'll get a very basic example of how it'd work then Kent shitting on someone's incompetence and why it's wrong without ever tossing up a better idea.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Havent turned it on since the last test match finished. They could be showing the French league at least to make it worth having over summer. Thank god for espn and nfl or the summer would be terrible lol

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I’m happy for them to just show old games but, as mentioned the lack of variety is annoying. How many old games would they have archived? Shitloads. So why not show as many as possible?
What do you mean by a lack of variety? Haven't seen any games repeated in the last several weeks.

mozza91

Coach
What do you mean by a lack of variety? Haven't seen any games repeated in the last several weeks.
They’ve had 2 Knights days over the last month or so and they showed the exact same games both times.

I’d rather them go through every game they have in their catalogue in chronological order or something.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They’ve had 2 Knights days over the last month or so and they showed the exact same games both times.

I’d rather them go through every game they have in their catalogue in chronological order or something.
I'd suggest that's because there'd be very few people who actually watch a team day end to end. Makes sense to me they'd re-run it.

They've thrown in a bunch of random The Fan episodes recently as well which has been good.

mozza91

Coach
I'd suggest that's because there'd be very few people who actually watch a team day end to end. Makes sense to me they'd re-run it.

They've thrown in a bunch of random The Fan episodes recently as well which has been good.
Yeah I’ve enjoyed that too. I just think they could utilise their archives of games better.

Cutting all replays of old games down to 60mins is simply unacceptable and if we are honest f**king geniused. These merkins are so incompetent

mozza91

Coach
Prior to the mid-90's, would they even have every game though?
I doubt it but they’ve got 20 plus years of every game.

I know it’d be hard to find content for a channel 24 hours a day for months but that’s why showing more games would make more sense.