What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2014 Draft Day(s) thread

abpanther

Staff member
The big day has FINALLY arrived!

Rumours flying around everywhere, one is that the Texans will deal for Ryan Mallett!

shiznit

Coach
And f**king ESPN are delaying the sports centre specials to play some f**king tennis match...

zombie jesus

Staff member
Every major draft dude has the Steelers taking Fuller, Dennard or Beckham at 15, good shit.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey ZJ how would you feel about taking Ebron? Seen him linked to you guys too

Big Mick

Referee
Looks like what I posted in my mock yesterday seems to be becoming a possibility and spoken about.

Atlanta not trading for Clowney but trading with Browns to nab Mack in front of Oakland.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hey ZJ how would you feel about taking Ebron? Seen him linked to you guys too

I would be ok with it I guess. I don't have confidence in the Steelers staff getting the most out of him though while Miller is still around, he'd probably end up sitting a lot.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I hear Cleveland may trade down with Atlanta
The Browns need a QB though....Could be still on the board at 6

ggmu

Juniors
Saw that myself ....and we missed the start! assholes

ESPN really shit me sometimes. Don't know how many times I'll be watching a reply of a game at night, be it baseball football or basketball, and after 10 minutes of ads we get the "due to time constraints we now move ahead in this coverage" then get 5 more minutes of ads. Then the game starts back up and they skip half of it.

I'm watching on game pass, signed up for the free trial. What's the point in advertising Chantix, most of the advert is dedicated to why you shouldn't have it!

Anyways, I'm pumped but worried that we end up picking a QB in the first round, or forced to take Evans at 5.

shiznit

Coach
I'm watching on game pass, signed up for the free trial. What's the point in advertising Chantix, most of the advert is dedicated to why you shouldn't have it!

Anyways, I'm pumped but worried that we end up picking a QB in the first round, or forced to take Evans at 5.
I'd be okay with Bortles at 5.... Give him a season or so to sit behind Schuab and develop his game... He's got a massive upside and is willing yo wait.

Although I'd much rather we take a diffence maker at 5 and take a project QB in rounds 2-3.

Trade down... If someone is willing...

Evans at is fine... He's a playmaker... And that's what we wanna give Schuab so he can succeed.

shiznit

Coach
How f**king crazy is it to see Nick Saban breaking down Johnny Football and Clowney.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Have the gamepass fired up. Good that Im working from home. There was an article on the 24th pick showing how good players who have been picked there go in the NFL. So hopeful the tradition continues!

I'd be okay with Bortles at 5.... Give him a season or so to sit behind Schuab and develop his game... He's got a massive upside and is willing yo wait.

Although I'd much rather we take a diffence maker at 5 and take a project QB in rounds 2-3.

Trade down... If someone is willing...

Evans at is fine... He's a playmaker... And that's what we wanna give Schuab so he can succeed.

I just think we can do better grabbing another position player at 5 and grab a qb in rounds 2-4, so wouldn't be keen on Bortles, especially considering the risk taking a qb early represents.

I don't mind Evans at all and would be happy to get him but would just like it if we were able to trade down to get home and not be forced to take him at 5.

shiznit

Coach
I just think we can do better grabbing another position player at 5 and grab a qb in rounds 2-4, so wouldn't be keen on Bortles, especially considering the risk taking a qb early represents.

I don't mind Evans at all and would be happy to get him but would just like it if we were able to trade down to get home and not be forced to take him at 5.
I think he's gonna go 6 or 7 anyway... So 5 isn't a big jump....

There's even take of the Jags or Browns taking him at 3 or 4...

The Lions are still in play also... They could move up and get Watkins... Which would lift Evans value...