What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

T-Boon

Coach
What the AFL have done well is get their girls doing ads.
We need to get the jillaroos doing ads - Coke, Macca's, Woolworths, what ever . At this time of going mad promoting women in sport how many world champions womens teams do we have. It can't be too many. The cricketers?

taipan

Referee
When I saw today's panel,I went into we're rl shagged mode ready for the wrist slitting.Two Vics ,a cricketing writer who makes the description" up oneself "reality,and a female Pommy cricket writer.
Ali gave the final a good wrap, despite Whately banging on about the low score.Gideon(LOL Haigh actually was quite positive about the event,enjoyoing some of the prelim matches.The Pommy lady also enthused about the close score ,that would make the next RLWC interesting.
Whately remained in superior AFL mode,desperatley hoping one of the panel would give the final a razz.

Thank the bloke upstairs ,we didn't have to listen or watch Underwood in her AFL nasally pose.How are they able to sustain such an event?Scores lopsided? Could not fill Suncorp?

For once I can say, my tax dollar to pay this mob of impostors on the ABC Offsiders, was at last value for money.
I repeat one more time for the dummies, ard/or brain surgeons.This RLWC has received more positive press than 2008,and most of the valid criticism has come from us rl fans viz a viz pricing and crowds at some venues.
When the final gets reports in the NY Daily News,the Olympian Washington,Bankok Post,National Post Canada,some Pommy press.An Nahar leading Lebanese paper,something is happening on the positive side.
2021 should be a ripper.

insert.pause

First Grade
When I saw today's panel,I went into we're rl shagged mode ready for the wrist slitting.Two Vics ,a cricketing writer who makes the description" up oneself "reality,and a female Pommy cricket writer.
Ali gave the final a good wrap, despite Whately banging on about the low score.Gideon(LOL Haigh actually was quite positive about the event,enjoyoing some of the prelim matches.The Pommy lady also enthused about the close score ,that would make the next RLWC interesting.
Whately remained in superior AFL mode,desperatley hoping one of the panel would give the final a razz.

Thank the bloke upstairs ,we didn't have to listen or watch Underwood in her AFL nasally pose.How are they able to sustain such an event?Scores lopsided? Could not fill Suncorp?

For once I can say, my tax dollar to pay this mob of impostors on the ABC Offsiders, was at last value for money.
I repeat one more time for the dummies, ard/or brain surgeons.This RLWC has received more positive press than 2008,and most of the valid criticism has come from us rl fans viz a viz pricing and crowds at some venues.
When the final gets reports in the NY Daily News,the Olympian Washington,Bankok Post,National Post Canada,some Pommy press.An Nahar leading Lebanese paper,something is happening on the positive side.
2021 should be a ripper.
I would bet my left nut not one of them watched the game and were talking out of their arse.

taipan

Referee
I would bet my left nut not one of them watched the game and were talking out of their arse.

You're probably correct,but I'll take any positive rl comments regardless ,from these fumbleball sycophantic numpties on the Offsiders anytime.

Reactions: Vee

2021 should be a ripper.
All the British national newspapers carried the RLWC, even the union loving one's
Colorado calling for England after Rugby League World Cup final pain
England 0 - Australia 6: Rugby League World Cup final sees Aussies edge to victory | Other | Sport | Express.co.uk
Australia edge out England 6-0 to win the Rugby League World Cup final – as it happened | Sport |
The Guardian

Rugby League World Cup final talking points - The Scotsman
Australia 6 England 0: Wayne Bennett's men suffer World Cup final heartbreak | Daily Star
Rugby League World Cup 2017: Elliot Whitehead says England can go from World Cup heartbreak to heroes next time they face Australia

Australia frustrate dogged England in rugby league World Cup final | Sport | The Times & The Sunday Times
Rugby League World Cup 2017: Elliot Whitehead says England can go from World Cup heartbreak to heroes next time they face Australia

taipan

Referee
We know our mate David Moore reads all those newspapers, and is an International expert on rugby league.

Nothing. Just saying.

I know he's a Richmond fan. It's his first love. But he also likes his Storm, RL and talks positively about the game.

These are the kind of people we need promoting our game. The bird brains will rubbish it. He has a decent enough profile too. NRL should kick him a few $$$ and freebies to promote us even more.

That's great! I assume these sort of papers don't usually pay attention to RL? If so, it shows how important the world cup and other international tournaments are for our sport
From my time living and working in England, international Rugby League involving England is the way so get column inches in the so called broadsheet or ex broadsheet newspapers for Rugby League.
Column inches in these newspapers will get more sponsors on board for us.

Dodgy

Juniors
I know he's a Richmond fan. It's his first love. But he also likes his Storm, RL and talks positively about the game.

These are the kind of people we need promoting our game. The bird brains will rubbish it. He has a decent enough profile too. NRL should kick him a few $$$ and freebies to promote us even more.
The NRL should pay Gorgi Coghlan to promote the game instead.