What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One player.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:
Gordan Tallis!. Hate him, but he's the best up there with Hindmarsh in the forwards.

I reackon Tallis is now a has been!!.....he's past his best!!....that's why i reckon it quit rep football because he knew he wasn't up to the standard anymore & just relying on his reputation.

i reckon he's still as strong as an ox though!. OK Gordan Tallis in his prime was awesome.

Maybe Robbie Kearns than..... im mentioning forwards cause our backs are fine.

Kearns may be abit to old aswell Slippery??.......i go for someone with age on there side....maybe a Joel Clinton or Ryan O Hara??

slippery eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:
Gordan Tallis!. Hate him, but he's the best up there with Hindmarsh in the forwards.

I reackon Tallis is now a has been!!.....he's past his best!!....that's why i reckon it quit rep football because he knew he wasn't up to the standard anymore & just relying on his reputation.

i reckon he's still as strong as an ox though!. OK Gordan Tallis in his prime was awesome.

Maybe Robbie Kearns than..... im mentioning forwards cause our backs are fine.

Kearns may be abit to old aswell Slippery??.......i go for someone with age on there side....maybe a Joel Clinton or Ryan O Hara??

seriously.... we need to clone Hindmarsh!. Just have a team full of Hindmarsh's. Hindmarsh at fullback but a little skinnier, hindmarsh at halfback but with short hair and a wicked step, hindmarsh as coach wearing a suit and gettin it on with all the ladies in the corporate box.

As you can see i love Hindmarsh.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
if we are not thinking beyond 2004, i couldn't go past Freddie for experience, leadership, organisation, defense, attack (especially try assists), long kicking game, lack of rep duties, pure class

if we are thinking beyond 2004, i'd have to go for Lockyer as he offers almost as much as Freddie, would answer the who would play fullback next year question, and would hopefully stick around for longer

EELS13

Juniors
I would take a player in the mold of Wing or Danny Buderis. I think all quality attack is started from your number 9.
You need someone who knows when the oppositions tired and run at them, knows which side of the ruck to attack and knows who to pass to on the last tackle (we got caught out wayyyyy to many times on the last tackle this year costing us valuable field position.)
So much starts from a qualtity number 9, and i think we would improve so much with either of these players.
PS, i think John Morris is an awesome palyer and would still be in my squad, i just think he lacks the attacking instincts and flair of the above 2.

No question it is Freddie. He is the REAL best player in the world. Langer, Daley, Freddie are the great halves of the late 90's early 00s, and I woulda killed to have any one of them in the team.

aphelion

Juniors
I'd take a forward. A meter-eater (Clinton, O'Hara, Price) or enforcer type (Villasanti, Morley).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Chris Thorman for mine, I reckon he’ll be one of the buys of 2004.

Last edited:

Latest posts