What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 1 - NSW v QLD *SPOILERS/Match Thread*

RABK

Referee
UN-f**kING-BELIEVABLE.

AWESOME FIRST HALF!

If Mullen starts to find space with his kicks then QLD are in real trouble. They picked the perfect side.

Haynes try was simply magic.

salivor

First Grade
Really playing to the script, like clockwork, every time a side is written off or you bring in a rookie who many tip to fail, you've got the ingredients for yet another Origin upset.

I don't think Hindmarsh scored while Price did and Bell bombed a sitter. That'll be the difference come 80 minutes.

dragonfire

Bench
great half of footy, bit shocked that the video ref over ruled the touchie on the 40-20. Overuse of his powers and shouldnt happen, sort of saysing that there is no need for a touchie if the video ref is allowed to over rule his decision. Piss poor decision bythe video ref anyways, always thought it was a 40-20 and yes as you said hot frost the right outcome, i would of betted on nsw scoring on that set.

That was a stroke of brilliance from Hayne, though Hodges was sloppy with the attempted tackle, but as Gus said someone always gets points before the break lol. Hope for a good half of footy with no more points scored !! i hope anyways lol

RABK

Referee
Mullens kick was def a 40/20.

But bad calls are going both ways, simpkins will go for game 2.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eels 12-Qld 6

I like it

I cant believe how soft Lyon has become, submitting in tackle to blokes like Lockyer, he doesn't deserve to wear the sky blue jumper

salivor

First Grade
Bad calls but the ref isn't deciding the game. If Bell scores then Coopers try never happens and we're probably going in even or with Qld on top at halftime.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
thisorigin is already as clear as mustard
every1 talks about qlds backs but 4 them to work there forwards have to go forward

nsw 3-0. series is already over

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Good win NSW.
Qld had their chances. Didnt take them.

Awww, giving up at oranges???

Wheres that never say die qld spirit we keep hearing about?

I will never ever write off a QLD team unless theyre 7 or more pts behind and the clocks showing 79:49.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
Mullens kick was def a 40/20.

But bad calls are going both ways, simpkins will go for game 2.

no way

nothing wrong with that call imo

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Good win NSW.
Qld had their chances. Didnt take them.

Let's wave the white flag now then shall we ... :roll:

The bandwagoner's can jump off for the second half, personally, I would prefer it. Fairweather fans - who needs 'em. For one who loves to make a post quoting from the past, you care to forget our history in coming back from behind?

We may lose, we may not - you can give us all a Phil Goud "I told ya' so" but fair dinkum I would be embarassed to come on here and wave the flag after 40 minutes as Queenslander. Nice one, enjoy the game Saab.

QLD look good on the attack and were unlucky not be 10-6 up at one stage via Bell. Steve Price's try I thought was fair too.

A few observations:

* Karmichael Hunt confirmed why he was selected at fullback
* Where is Jamie Lyon? Arm chair ride to another rep jumper and IMO it takes more than slotting the odd goal to repay selectors faith
* Brett White - care to mouth for Origin II?
* Jarrod Mullen - nice start to a long Origin career
* Beware Kurt Gidley
* Jarryd Hayne - as ink said, WOW!
* Thanks Greg Inglis, $110 in my sky rocket win, lose or draw for first try - get the last try and I will take $220
* Paul Simpkins, apart from the fwd pass on Price, I think he is having a very good game.
* Cameron Smith, well played so far.
* Darren Lockyer - get involved.
* Braith Anasta - carrying Roosters form in to Origin, he has played well

A decent first half, failed to live up to expectations a little.

NSW are in the box seat.

Bring on the second half.