What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 1 - NSW v QLD *SPOILERS/Match Thread*

DeeGan

Bench
Great win from the boys - down 18-6, some fairweather QLD fans writing them off with all in sundry and we come back to win 25-18.

Never write off a Queenslander - a lesson learnt for some hey Saab?

NSW just didn't turn up in the second half.

I felt for Hayne, a great try and the talking point will centre on THAT pass.

Queensland should remain unchanged apart from bring in Webb for Kafusi. No one let us down, what a great team effort.

Jarrod Mullen's kicking game let him down, he didn't run the ball enough. But what can any half do behind a beaten forward pack? He will be better for the run. I hope the selectors show some faith and stick with him.

I also felt for Gidley - shocking news. He wasn't used, he get's injured.

Jamie Lyon - armchair ride is over mate. Bring King in one and find another winger.

Great game from both fullbacks, Hunt and Minichiello copped some grief, they delivered.

Johnathan Thurston - the best player in the world today. What a player.

Can't wait for game two, a win at Telstra - a tough ask for QLD traditionally and this ain't over.

salivor

First Grade
Where is dazza? Hunt showed why he's made for rep football, did more in 80 minutes than Hunt has done in his whole Origin career to date. He didn't put a foot wrong, was rock solid under the high ball, ran the ball up with no fear as usual and added another dimension to the Queensland attack acting as a third playmaker.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Queensland already have this series won, well done!

There's no way in the world we can win with Anasta and Mullen as the halves. Lockyer and Thurston + Smith the Australian 6,7&9 are far better under pressure. All Qld has to is be match the blues pack and they win.

perverse

Referee
grats to QLD, you guys wanted it more and played infinitely better in the second half.

i agree if they selected kurt just to fill in at hooker then farah would have been a better option. had their been an injury in the backline things may have been different in that respect. full credit to mini, he showed his class out there and proved me and a lot of other doubters wrong. mullen was solid with some good touches.. and well jarrod haynes game was obviously full of highs and lows. he didn't look out of place out there though.

lastly - thurston is absolutely excellent.

Nuffy

Bench
I think that Murray is out of his depth at this level, he doesn't give Hindmarsh enough time, Simmo was just about the best and got limited game time. He just seems to lack a real passion for the contest, QLD constantly talk about the passion for the contest and NSW were at their peak with coaches that built that passion into the contest.

There was no plan for Kidleys use, taking Buderus off just weakened the team.

I really think that all the NSW props were poor, they just have too many mistakes in them, and when the pressures on they go missing.

Plus can someone please tell Matt King to stay on the wing, Inglis scored 2 tries on the outside of King.

DeeGan

Bench
pantherz9103 said:
Queensland already have this series won, well done!

There's no way in the world we can win with Anasta and Mullen as the halves. Lockyer and Thurston + Smith the Australian 6,7&9 are far better under pressure. All Qld has to is be match the blues pack and they win.

Give yourself a double!

We (QLD) as do NSW have plenty to work on. We were down 18-6 if you do recall.

We were down 1-0 last season, NSW have the talent to come back.

pantherz9103

First Grade
DeeGan said:
Can't wait for game two, a win at Telstra - a tough ask for QLD traditionally and this ain't over.

Yes it is. Its just realism. Queensland are a much better team than NSW. We have no guns in the key positions and all your key pos players are guns. Buderus and Minichiello are past their best, Mullen is a kid and Anasta never had it.

pantherz9103

First Grade
DeeGan said:
Give yourself a double!

We (QLD) as do NSW have plenty to work on. We were down 18-6 if you do recall.

We were down 1-0 last season, NSW have the talent to come back.

You can hold me to this.

"QUEENSLAND WILL WIN THEIR FIRST EVER GAME AT TELSTRA IN 3 WEEKS TIME." pantherz9103, May 23, 2007 - 10.15 PM

salivor

First Grade
Queensland have never won at Telstra Stadium and Origin has been played there since 1999, it's quite a losing streak. Game 2 certainly isn't a given, it's setting up nicely for a decider.

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Quite a call...nuffy.

I dont give a flying f**k dickhead.
I have been known to be a massive mock and it happened again.
I am proved wrong...who cares..QLD won.

Red Bear

Referee
Minichello was supurb tonight, great to see him play well again.

Anasta tried his arse off i thought, ran the line well but played too much like a lock. Was a great run to set up first try tho

The second half we had no ball, nothing much we could do i guess (except hold the pill and not give away penalties:))
That call on mason for passing when tackled was harsh

DeeGan

Bench
pantherz9103 said:
You can hold me to this.

"QUEENSLAND WILL WIN THEIR FIRST EVER GAME AT TELSTRA IN 3 WEEKS TIME." pantherz9103, May 23, 2007 - 10.15 PM

No need.

I am not saying we can't win, though I ain't prepared to come out and say "the series is over" after game one either.

pantherz9103

First Grade
This Queensland team is their best team since 1989. 3-0.

It doesn't upset me that the NSW team loses. There are no Panther players to cheer for anyway and its nice to see players like Jamie Lyon prove themselves as overrated.

Jono078

Referee
Quite gutted tbh.

Mullens kicking game was quite awful, but he'll be better for the experience. Anasta went missing after the first 15, should have taken more responsibility.

Tupou barely done anything.

The difference tonight I think was the kicking game and Qld's ability to go forward in the hard times.

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
I dont give a flying f**k dickhead.
I have been known to be a massive mock and it happened again.
I am proved wrong...who cares..QLD won.

:crazy: Whoohooo...sure you dont, thats why you replied :lol:

"Bandwaggoner" from a fellow can toad....pretty apt too.....LOL...hows that head hanging goin?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Saab betrays his homestate of NSW and then bails on Queensland at half time :lol:

you wouldn't want to go to war with him

Latest posts