What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 3 *12th July* ~ Team List

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve said our best is good enough to beat Penriths best. I still think that. I also said Penrith are a champion team but not a team of champions. They play well above the sum of their parts. I think the last 3 origin series give a lot weight to that argument.
But Penrith are a better side as you've suggested.

lucablight

First Grade
But Penrith are a better side as you've suggested.
They’ve won more games than us over the last few seasons and won the last two grand finals (including thrashing us in one of them) so I’m not sure how that’s even a debate. I just don’t think their players are individually that much better than ours. They play very well as a team using whatever systems they have put in place.

lucablight

First Grade
You go Moses/Walker as halves game 1 next year surely??? (form/injuries pending)

I reckon Teddy will retire from rep footy well before then

1 TomT
2 Ado Carr
3 Best
4 Latrell
5. Too
6 Walker
7 Moses

14 Crichton (sorry Gutho)
I would say it’s highly unlikely Moses retains his position as NSW halfback if Cleary is fit. There’s a narrative that Moses is just a backup to Cleary who is an automatic selection if fit.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
They’ve won more games than us over the last few seasons and won the last two grand finals (including thrashing us in one of them) so I’m not sure how that’s even a debate. I just don’t think their players are individually that much better than ours. They play very well as a team using whatever systems they have put in place.
Agree. They are a quality team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I’ve said our best is good enough to beat Penriths best. I still think that. I also said Penrith are a champion team but not a team of champions. They play well above the sum of their parts. I think the last 3 origin series give a lot weight to that argument.

The big difference between us and Penrith now is consistency. Outright they have come back to the pack a bit this year with their personnel losses, but still when they have a "poor" game, it's not that far off, whereas when we have a poor game, it can be a long ways off our best.

Gronk

Staff member
The big difference between us and Penrith now is consistency. Outright they have come back to the pack a bit this year with their personnel losses, but still when they have a "poor" game, it's not that far off, whereas when we have a poor game, it can be a long ways off our best.
Agree. Also the way they executed vs Newcastle when they rested all of their origin players was first class.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The biggest difference is their defence, their attack has been clunky for a fair bit of the season but their defence keeps them in every game. Our defence is average like it is most seasons.

Incorrect

Coach
I feel like we put in a comprehensive, 80 minute performance once every 9 or 10 games... whereas the Panthers do that more like eight times out of every 10 or 12 games give or take...

Like Ivan has said, if they play at their best, he thinks they have us covered. But if we play at our best and they're a bit off, then we're capable of beating them. It's the big moments in that games that count that we need to be better

hineyrulz

Post Whore
week GIF

King-Gutho94

Coach
Seriously NSW have no idea.

No wonder we are shit.

I almost reckon deep down Billy and Qld are happy they lost the 3rd game.

It has given the dipshits at NSWRL an excuse to keep fittler.

the phantom menace

First Grade
A one year extension... ffs. Though I guess it gives him a chance to prove his current loser coach status by cementing it via a fourth series loss in seven years.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Seriously NSW have no idea.

No wonder we are shit.

I almost reckon deep down Billy and Qld are happy they lost the 3rd game.

It has given the dipshits at NSWRL an excuse to keep fittler.
So long as he dumps the Ventriloquist Dummy i can live with it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
A one year extension... ffs. Though I guess it gives him a chance to prove his current loser coach status by cementing it via a fourth series loss in seven years.

To be honest, Freddy needs to be his own man

Get the feeling he acts on those close to him, which has cost us

Talk was Pengai Junior pushed by Gus for Origin 1. He was horrid, and contributed big time to the maroons coming back that last 10 min by a brain fart error,

and having Brandy as assistant who is always going to trollop the "penrith combo" BS, especially their halves.
Also you have someone like Cam Murray the best 13 in the game, sitting on the bench...because of the ruff combo.

JokerEel

Coach
Doesn't matter who the coach is just don't pick Hass Jr Paulo or TPJ again in the front row.
Hudson Young and Yep in the back row.

Laui/ Burton/Hynes in the halves

Turbo in the backs.

Latest posts