What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Captains Results 2008

Titanic

First Grade
That's fine - I wasn't consulted in the first place but I am available for selection in the team if needed.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I think my name is also in the nomination list somewhere ... and I'd like to withdraw my name from the race please.

Cheers. :)

Big Mick

Referee
Actually, i'd also like to withdraw my nomination.

As a player, I've represented and captained Qld...and I think the honour needs to be given to someone else.

I'll glady play if called up, but I believe another more deserving gentleman or lady deserves the honour.

[furrycat]

Coach
EDIT: Dammit I just nominated Mick

Fug it; I'll nominate myself foR QLD just to give whoever else is there some kind of competition :fist:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
this QLD side has a bit of a Kiwi test team/Panthers side look to it lol

Pistol

Coach
Nominations are closed and the lists have been taken behind closed doors and will be voted on with the results to be posted as soon as they become available.

Pistol

Coach
Congratulations to the following people who have been selected to skipper their respective states in the upcoming Origin clash.

Returning to skipper NSW is

NSW.gif
Gorilla

Whilst making his Origin captaincy debut is

Queensland.gif
Mr Fahrenheit

Congratulations and the skippers may now open up their threads to recruit for the game.

This years origin clash will feature a new format

5 starting players with 3 reserves for each team.

Pistol

Coach
If memory serves me correctly

Mr Fahrenheit is the third person to captain QLD

Gorilla also is the 3rd to skipper NSW, acheiving this milestone during last years series.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Thanks refs for the appointment, and congrats to Gorilla on the NSW captaincy... hopefully this year we can have an evenly contested game with the new rules.

Latest posts