What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Ashes Captains

@snout
You hit it on the head
Ever since Stephen Roger retired the Australian team has had some sort of arrogance inflation device installed in their behinds.
In saying that, i have been waiting for this actual bowling attack to combine for numerous years. Starc, Hazelwood and Cummins were all outstanding juniir prospects and it is good to see them finally form this pack. Throw in Gary and it is pretty bloody awesome, all NSW too.
Do the other states have any idea how to nurture cricketers at all?

Edit: on a side note, Shane Warne would have to be the biggest farkwit I've ever come across, wonderful bowler but takes the steam award for the pile of shit recognitions.

Eion

First Grade
Ha, Warnie is a knob. But have a go at Thommo and Chappelli. I challenge you to find bigger wankers in any generation.

carcharias

Immortal
Ha, Warnie is a knob. But have a go at Thommo and Chappelli. I challenge you to find bigger wankers in any generation.

Has there ever been a cool cricketer?

It’s a pretty boring game.
Blokes that couldn’t play footy used to talk it up like it was the summer equivalent.
It’s wasnt
It never will be

I met Chappelli when i was a kid and he was a very nice fella. I dont know whats happened to him over the last 20 years but i concur with you on his ownership of wankerdom.
His, and his puppet (Warne), vitriol against Steve Waugh comes across like some sort of sickness

snout

First Grade
Yep...what is with the the 9 commentary team.
All tarred with the same tosser brush.

Once you get that gig you become intolerable.

The egotistical humour.
The lameness.

Tubby taylor.
That voice.
Enough to make a bloke go all uncle chop chop with a carving knife.

Eion

First Grade
Yeah the windies were super cool.

And DK was a seriously cool cat.

But the current mob are a bit meh.

Has there ever been a cool cricketer?

It’s a pretty boring game.
Blokes that couldn’t play footy used to talk it up like it was the summer equivalent.
It’s wasnt
It never will be

Doug Walters was pretty laid back. Alan Border kept his cool when WI missiles whistled past his ear,and when Merv Hughes blew in his ear. Should put that ear in cricket hall of fame...Thats only ones I can think of.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Clive Lloyd, the undisputed king of cool. Have been incredibly fortunate to meet a few over the years, even got some coaching from a few. TV is the great equaliser. It's just too one dimensional for me. Most were very driven individuals and it comes across poorly in retirement and on TV. Some want to remain relevant and shoot from the hip. But I have to say I never found any of them to be complete tossers although Mo Mathews came pretty close at times.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
I was playing cricket one day in B6 or B5 or something. Just a piss-a-thon. Bloke in my team needed a wicket for some sort of milestone.

I’m fielding at square leg when the batting f**ker hits me a lollipop catch.

I dropped it. Had to look after the one of these I was drinkin’. Who remembers the big cans of this rotgut LOL

6CB80612-8259-4725-87DA-00F2A774BEE5.jpeg

carcharias

Immortal
I was playing cricket one day in B6 or B5 or something. Just a piss-a-thon. Bloke in my team needed a wicket for some sort of milestone.

I’m fielding at square leg when the batting f**ker hits me a lollipop catch.

I dropped it. Had to look after the one of these I was drinkin’. Who remembers the big cans of this rotgut LOL

View attachment 17308

I had the KB can that was a money box
The real big one

Quigs

Immortal
I remember the big cans of KB. I even believe that I partook in more than a few of them over my time.

Latest posts