What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
If you call them demands then of course they are arrogant.

Fans should have a voice on how the game is run and the governing body should take it on board.

However if the fans think that they can bully the admin into making calls that are not for the greater good, taking into account all the factors involved in a successful sporting competition, then they are a kangaroo short in the top paddock.

Mate, I agree with what you have said but it appears you continually miss my point.
Fans aren't trying to bully the governing body into anything.
What they would like though is a voice in the way the game is run. What is the game without it's fans?
The whole shit fight between the clubs, the FFA, FIFA, the local associations and the fans has got out of control. All the fans want is a voice. It may very well end up as being 1 voice in 20, but if the fans don't fight for this, it will be a 0 voice in 20. That's not acceptable.
Ultimately, that's all fans want.

I'd actually like for RL fans to have the same option of a voice on the Commission. It can't hurt.

Gronk

Staff member
Mate, I agree with what you have said but it appears you continually miss my point.
Fans aren't trying to bully the governing body into anything.
What they would like though is a voice in the way the game is run. What is the game without it's fans?
The whole shit fight between the clubs, the FFA, FIFA, the local associations and the fans has got out of control. All the fans want is a voice. It may very well end up as being 1 voice in 20, but if the fans don't fight for this, it will be a 0 voice in 20. That's not acceptable.
Ultimately, that's all fans want.

I'd actually like for RL fans to have the same option of a voice on the Commission. It can't hurt.

I’m not missing any point. I’ll give you a tip: if you go into mediation with a list in your hand and refer to them as demands, then you have buckleys chance of being taken seriously. Call them demands and the other party will conclude even before you have started that they are not dealing with level headed like minded people and compromises are an unlikely outcome.

Suitman

Post Whore
I’m not missing any point. I’ll give you a tip: if you go into mediation with a list in your hand and refer to them as demands, then you have buckleys chance of being taken seriously. Call them demands and the other party will conclude even before you have started that they are not dealing with level headed like minded people and compromises are an unlikely outcome.

I disagree.
Go into mediation with a list of demands, and then there is an option for compromise. Both sides will have demands.
You might not work that way, but that is the basis of a fair and considered outcome.
Anyway, it doesn't matter how much I try and explain how football fans feel at this moment in this country about the way they think the game is being controlled and run.
You're never going to agree with me so how about we just leave it at that.

BTW, You didn't comment on my point about the discontent that RL fans also share about how the game is also being run. Football fans share their discontent louder than NRL fans. It just the way the fans of each sport react differently.

strider

Post Whore
I disagree.
Go into mediation with a list of demands, and then there is an option for compromise. Both sides will have demands.
You might not work that way, but that is the basis of a fair and considered outcome.
Anyway, it doesn't matter how much I try and explain how football fans feel at this moment in this country about the way they think the game is being controlled and run.
You're never going to agree with me so how about we just leave it at that.

BTW, You didn't comment on my point about the discontent that RL fans also share about how the game is also being run. Football fans share their discontent louder than NRL fans. It just the way the fans of each sport react differently.
Im not judging the football situation, cos i admit i have no idea of the detail of it

But i think league fans, whilst whingers, dont tend to think they have the right to dictate how the competition is ... only time there has ever really been mass discontent that i can remember was the bunnies getting the ass - and even that was driven by famous personality fans as opposed to your average joe bloe

Suitman

Post Whore
Im not judging the football situation, cos i admit i have no idea of the detail of it

But i think league fans, whilst whingers, dont tend to think they have the right to dictate how the competition is ... only time there has ever really been mass discontent that i can remember was the bunnies getting the ass - and even that was driven by famous personality fans as opposed to your average joe bloe

Absolutely true.
Yet, I read daily the discontent from league fans on this forum in other sections.
What do they actually do about it?
Nothing.
Yet when football fans take it to their governing body, they are accused of being arrogant.
I don't get it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We do complain about Toddles and Beardo on a daily basis and do nothing about it but can you imagine Toddles ever listening to the fans ?

He is now taking up writing articles for the SMH to spruik the NRL. Maybe the Roar are onto something assuming their demands are reasonable.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Most idiot fans of any code don't offer anything other than whinging and would struggle to understand the complexities of running a multi-billion dollar business. If they think otherwise then they are deluded.

Latest posts