What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
I guess if they run it left to right and push it as far north as they can, it will be initmate for the punters in the bradman noble stands.

View attachment 18861

Yes true. But isn't the Noble SCG members only?
What about the average punters on the other side of the stadium that apparently come from all over Sydney who will be able to see f**k all?
The SCG couldn't be worse for rectangular sports. It'd be even worse if the field is shoved up one end of the oval, and worse still, running east-west ffs for the players.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes true. But isn't the Noble SCG members only?
What about the average punters on the other side of the stadium that apparently come from all over Sydney who will be able to see f**k all?

Yeah playing soccer in such a large oval will be hard. I thought they would not open some of the ground over near the old hill. Hence why they were in consultation with foxtel bc the vision would be empty stands ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah playing soccer in such a large oval will be hard. I thought they would not open some of the ground over near the old hill. Hence why they were in consultation with foxtel bc the vision would be empty stands ?

Possibly. I thought the same thing.
I would have hoped though, that they might have learnt lessons from the abject failure it has been with the Wanderers playing at Olympic Park in circular venues.
The SCG will be even worse because the c-values are appalling.
ESFC really aren't setting attendance records atm considering they have had arguably the best A-League team ever over the past 2 seasons.
Consider also that Arnold is leaving and a re-building phase will happen.
The only positive I can take out of this is that it is only for 6 games.
Their other choices of Leichhardt and Kogarah are far better, but obviously those grounds don't please the corporates as much (understandably).

strider

Post Whore
Would east west be primarily about getting the fans behind the posts in the best position? ... the supporter groups usually get behind the posts in soccer

Suitman

Post Whore
Would east west be primarily about getting the fans behind the posts in the best position? ... the supporter groups usually get behind the posts in soccer

No.
If it is to be positioned as they say, one end would be near the Ladies/Members stands.
I'm not sure they'd take too kindly to the RBB or The Cove infiltrating that area.

strider

Post Whore
I actually didnt think there was that much flexibility east west .... didnt think the cricket ground was that wide

Suitman

Post Whore
I actually didnt think there was that much flexibility east west .... didnt think the cricket ground was that wide

Either did I tbh, but it's almost a circle so if a football pitch fits one way, it would probably fit the other.

strider

Post Whore
Wow! ... and we thought you were only a marine biologist .... mathematics professor in your spare time .... is there anything Prof Gutful cant do?

Gronk

Staff member
1. The girls qualified for the WC 2019.
2. Passing around in the back four for 5 mins ? FFS this game sometimes ... :rolleyes:

Suitman

Post Whore
Lol.......

Da15uKDX4AAxGut.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
The greatest goal anywhere in the world this year? From the A-League.
It's already gone viral.
And ......lol at Ernie Merrick's reaction.

Latest posts