What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Albo exposed

Liar liar pants on fire Albo exposed again.

Why did he end up speaking if he wasnt meant to? And why did he say anything about not speaking if he was?

Albo loves a good photo op
Not quite. The young girl made a meal of the day. She invited Albo. Then said she didn’t want any polly to speak. Then said yes, then said no. Then the crowd said let him speak. I feel for her, it was a big day. A little overwhelmed.

strider

Post Whore
DEFEND DEFEND!!!!

Yeah agree from what i have read, it seems like a ballsup .... dunno if an "ambush" though.

She wanted them to announce a national emergency, amongst other things, and they werent prepared to.

But at the end of the day, Albo still showed himself to be a bit of a self absorbed twat .... "I'm the prime minister" ...... its all about you Albo

Bandwagon

Staff member
DEFEND DEFEND!!!!

Yeah agree from what i have read, it seems like a ballsup .... dunno if an "ambush" though.

She wanted them to announce a national emergency, amongst other things, and they werent prepared to.

But at the end of the day, Albo still showed himself to be a bit of a self absorbed twat .... "I'm the prime minister" ...... its all about you Albo

Lolz.

So you'll concede that your initial response of calling him a liar over the matter was wrong?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
DEFEND DEFEND!!!!

No matter what Albo and the Labour Party did the right thing!!

Gronk

Staff member
The young girl was doing the circuit the next day, morning TV, interviews in The Australian, Ben Fordham still saying that he wasn't invited. Even going as far as saying ‘I don’t want to become the next Brittany Higgins’ a thing she repeated from the bruhahah on the day.

"I actually, to be honest, don't want anyone to speak... And I do think it's gonna be the s**t Sarah show and I'm gonna become the next Brittany Higgins." LINK

If she meant that being the next Brittany Higgins, was to being used as a political pawn in media beat ups, then yes. But some self reflection hopefully will bring her to realize that activism comes in many colours. You can rant and handcuff yourself to a garden bench and send a message that way, but when you are conducting a national gig in Canberra, have mobilized significant attendance and media attention with TV crews AND the PM agrees to front up and seems genuinely keen to be a change-maker, activism also includes mature and intelligent diplomacy.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Albo has no self-awareness, that's for sure.

Telling the organiser lady at the women's rally "He is the Prime Miniter" so he should talk on women's issues was as much Toxic Muscularity as I have seen.

Albo is a clear narcissist who makes every issue about him and can't seem to read the room when he enters it.

hindy111

Post Whore

Telling the organiser lady at the women's rally "He is the Prime Miniter" so he should talk on women's issues was as much Toxic Muscularity as I have seen.

Albo is a clear narcissist who makes every issue about him and can't seem to read the room when he enters it.

He's got to go

Penrith fan

Juniors
Albonese is a comedian, a parody of a Prime Minister. What he did at the women's violence rally is something that they would do in a skit on Utopia and people would say, that would never happen. "I am the Prime Minister" inferring he is the only one allowed to speak on an issue!

An issue that has only got worse I might add on his watch?!?!

Penrith fan

Juniors
Italy’s Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni reportedly has not invited Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to the next G7 meeting.

Good news. that they haven't not invited Albanese as his actions have become so outrageous that he can no longer represents the average Australian .e.g with respect to dealing with anti semitism and calling out Islamic terrorism for what it is.

Maybe he will just turn up anyhow without an invitation like he did at the Domestic Violence rally then trumpet "I am the Prime Minister" (of Australia) and say "Do you want me to speak or not"? At least he won't be able to say "I run the G7" like he did at the Domestic Violence rally when Albo reportedly also said "I run this country".

Gronk

Staff member

He's got to go
Well I think it's great that you guys are doing what you can to back feminism over politics right now. What we don't need is political grandstanding and temporary feminism just because things got awkward on stage with Albo. Well done merkins.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well I think it's great that you guys are doing what you can to back feminism over politics right now. What we don't need is political grandstanding and temporary feminism just because things got awkward on stage with Albo. Well done merkins.
Well wasn't that what happened with Scomo with that Grace Tame a few years back.

Scomo got blasted for it from the feminism movement which Labour & Albo were quite happy to support.

All of sudden the shoe is on the other foot the standards and expectations change.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well wasn't that what happened with Scomo with that Grace Tame a few years back.

Scomo got blasted for it from the feminism movement which Labour & Albo were quite happy to support.

All of sudden the shoe is on the other foot the standards and expectations change.

Nah, what happened is he was invited and then old luv decided to be a bit of an arse.

Merkins just wanna buy into the bullshit.

And if I remember correctly, the same Murdoch press that is pushing this fake outrage, pilloried Tame at the time for a lack of respect.