What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I'm with you, I'd like to see the proof that twitter have rolled back or disabled their cyber security posture at Elon's behest since he took over. I know he has rissoled a lot of staff, were the SecOps team all let go?
Well he did.

In the weeks since tech billionaire Elon Musk completed his acquisition of Twitter, we’ve seen plenty to worry about. Among Musk’s most troubling moves: cutting staff from its trust and security workforce.

Nevertheless, from a legal perspective it is very clear that Twitter absolutely needs to have key security and compliance leaders in place – it has appointed insider Renato Monteiro as acting DPO, though it is unclear what “acting” means in this context.

strider

Post Whore
Still waiting for the technical details of whats changed.

Sure sounds more n more like fake news and misinformation to me

Incorrect

Coach
Still waiting for the technical details of whats changed.

Sure sounds more n more like fake news and misinformation to me
Presumably when (all of?) the SecOps staff were let go, they just disabled all the firewalls, proxies, perimeter devices etc on their way out the door and handed over their public and private keys to whoever wanted them.... That'd do it....

Eelogical

Referee
She's had a child FFS. Anyone who has had kids will testify that you're basically incapacitated while they're young and you're trying to work.

I resigned from 4 jobs when my kids were young such was the pressure....
My first assumption after hearing about her resignation is that she already has a job lined up, most likely on the world stage. UN/WEF kind of jobs. I think that this is the most likely route that she will follow.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nah. They used to. Most turned on her during the way she handled covid. Nutter

wow, she has too, bit surprised to hear that

Support for New Zealand’s Labour party has dropped to its lowest level since it came into power in 2017, new polling shows, amid growing frustrations over high cost of living, rising interest rates and concerns about crime.
A Kantar One News Poll released on Tuesday night found Labour, down 1% to 33%, would not be able to form a government alongside likely coalition partners the Green party, which remained steady on 9%, and the Māori party, steady on 2%.

The right bloc, made up of the centre-right National party, increased its lead by 1% to 38%, while the Libertarian Act party, jumped 2% to 11%, putting the two parties in a comfortable position to form a government without needing additional coalition partners.