What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

crocodile

Bench
You've been around QLD, mate. Get a few k's out of the big smoke and it's like a time warp back to the 70's and they don't give a shit. Here's a case in point. The fires around Stanthorpe late last year had a significant impact on the area including damage to the historic train line between Warwick and Wallangarra. It's a tourist attraction (steam train tour) that draws money to the region that coincides with other events. The cost to repair the line was estimated at 20 million but they canned it recently and closed the line. This is just one other example of short sighted thinking.
It's like a time warp even in the big smoke.

Gronk

Staff member
GB News is UK's version of Fox News or our Sky News. So no surprise that a) Trump would do an interview with them, because he knows that it is "safe" and b) they feed him questions that are designed to make positive headlines for him.

hindy111

Post Whore

Kevin Rudd. The guy leading our country who balled his eyes out when he was sacked. I wonder if his mummy gave him a big cuddle.
Honestly that was embarrassing. The leader of your country. A guy who makes decisions on if you go to war. Cried like a sissy.
Imagine the leader of the US, Russia or China crying....

Gronk

Staff member
Kevin Rudd. The guy leading our country who balled his eyes out when he was sacked. I wonder if his mummy gave him a big cuddle.
Honestly that was embarrassing. The leader of your country. A guy who makes decisions on if you go to war. Cried like a sissy.
Imagine the leader of the US, Russia or China crying....
Once again you have shown you have NFI. Dozens of US presidents, UK , French PMs Presedents have cried. Bob Hawke back here as well, Scomo the list goes on.

eels_fan

First Grade
He may not be president material, but the US has gone backwards under Biden - both in its standing in the global community, and in the way it looks after its own citizens.

If the choice is between Biden again or Trump again - Trump wins hands down, which will be the result in November.

Rather a nut case who actually commands some respect on a global scale, and puts his country first, than a senile fool who cant get a sentence together or walk down stairs.

Gronk

Staff member
He may not be president material, but the US has gone backwards under Biden - both in its standing in the global community, and in the way it looks after its own citizens.

If the choice is between Biden again or Trump again - Trump wins hands down, which will be the result in November.

Rather a nut case who actually commands some respect on a global scale, and puts his country first, than a senile fool who cant get a sentence together or walk down stairs.
I hear this a lot (the bolded bit) and have not seen anyone actually apply any sound fact based analysis to this. I mean anyone in any country who was elected in 2020 inherited a time bomb economy. Now Trumps barometer the DOW, is booming because the USA led the world's economies out of the doldrums, way ahead of us.

Unsure about the lost respect globally thing. Who decides that ? Respect? Was the USA really respected by other world leaders when Trump had the keys ? I think enough has been said from others that they think he's a clown who wants to be looked upon as strong.

I don't think Biden should be running because if his age, but I also don't think that a narcissist grifter should be either.

Given the choice, what is the risk of voting in either of the two ?

During this term Biden just focused on the economy and soft world diplomacy. That doesn’t mean that behind the scenes he wasn't playing hard ball. Israel is an example; the USA are publicly anti terrorism, but behind the scenes they want elections and Netanyahu out. They even abstained from a UN cease fire vote a few days ago. That's soft diplomacy, not playing it out on social media in all caps.

When Trump was in power, he drove a wedge with China, f**ked our trade and created a cold war in the East. He (in my opinion) mishandled the pandemic to the extent that cost 100s thousands of lives just by being a know it all bone head and not taking advice.

Yes they have a border problem, but that's always been there.

hindy111

Post Whore

100%

King-Gutho94

Coach

Biden wouldn't even know what year it is

The US government are an embarrassment these days it's a bigger clown show then the old Parramatta salary cap boardroom days.

hindy111

Post Whore
Biden wouldn't even know what year it is

The US government are an embarrassment these days it's a bigger clown show then the old Parramatta salary cap boardroom days.

Biden lol. Trump had the economy firing. Amd he stopped those bloody pesky mexicans

84 Baby

Referee
I was going to make a joke about Taiwanese construction standards but f**k me! How is that still in one piece????

d4f5b831744b507571549f24549182d8