What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
If he is guilty of rape then why isn't he getting thrown in the slammer?
I really don't understand how someone could get off doing such an act.
There was a trial and the jury was in deliberation. Then one guy came in one morning and said “look at what I have been researching on the internet”. Mistrial. The DPP deemed that the girl, who after the harrowing ordeal of cross examination was in a private mental health facility, that she was not fit for a re-trial.

She protested, but they dropped the case.

A lot of eyebrows were raised over the circumstances of the whole case.

Even during the case, there was a mood of political pressure for the case to be buried.

the phantom menace

First Grade

Chipmunk

Coach
Because there was an election and one party wanted it to go away.
There's been an election since. The vast majority of the Australian public no longer cares about either of them either.

This is a story that surely only 10% of the population follows.

the phantom menace

First Grade
There's been an election since. The vast majority of the Australian public no longer cares about either of them either.

This is a story that surely only 10% of the population follows.
That's probably a pretty high percentage tbh... probably only beaten by "news" articles about MAFS.

Gronk

Staff member
15 yo boy stabbed the priest at the Christ the Good Shepherd Church at Wakeley. I’m not following why some of the parishioners at the church turned on the police ? Anyone ?

Gherkin

Juniors
15 yo boy stabbed the priest at the Christ the Good Shepherd Church at Wakeley. I’m not following why some of the parishioners at the church turned on the police ? Anyone ?

I think they may have been trying to get the 15 yo. Police confirmed he had serious hand injuries and there are rumours that he'd lost a finger.

IFR33K

Coach

police held him inside and wouldn’t take him out as other members of the community came to the church and probably wanted blood. Police tried turning them away and things got heated. World is going mad