What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Emu Park ....Quigs

sharknows

Bench
Hi Quigs
Just set up at Causeway caravan park for a couple of nights & just ducked into Emu park for some supplies. I can understand why you live up here....stunning place.
Cheers

I have also visited and stayed at Emu Park, but with a mate who used to work in Rockhampton, beautiful spot indeed, but just too far from city life for my liking. I've done the tree change experiment (country Tasmania) and returned to Sydney after 13 months.

Quigs

Immortal
Hey Sharknows - how long are you intown for.

Be warned I stayed up at Coolwaters for a month or two to see if we liked the place.

Then rented at Kinka Beach for 11 months, and now 31 years later ..... well you know.

Quigs

Immortal
We have a highly trained militia back by a very supportive community to keep unwanted vermin from our area.

"You can all go back to where you came from"

8470588-3x2-940x627.jpg

(Photo by local professional photographer Glenn Adamus - Anzac day 2017)

Quigs

Immortal
Thanks Quigs for the guided tour of the beautiful Emu Park...I nearly feel like a local!

No worries old mate. It was good catching up and meeting the good lady also.

Thanks for shouting lunch. (pssst if I knew that was going to happen before I ordered I would of gone top shelf - arrrh another missed opportunity.)

Frenzy.

Immortal
No worries old mate. It was good catching up and meeting the good lady also.

Thanks for shouting lunch. (pssst if I knew that was going to happen before I ordered I would of gone top shelf - arrrh another missed opportunity.)

You mean you woulda got fish with ya chips?

Quigs

Immortal
You mean you woulda got fish with ya chips?
We all had the fish and the chips. $10 bucks a serve.

Here I was going for me pensioners card when 'Knows" pulls out all these green plasticky things out of his wallet. I found out they were $100 notes, had a wad full of em.

As I said, a missed golden opportunity. In hindsight I should of gone for the Roast Of The Day with desert.