What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Karmichael Hunt

TruSaint

Referee
Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine possession in Brisbane

WALLABIES star Karmichael Hunt has been charged with cocaine possession, after being allegedly caught by police in a Brisbane car park.

It is understood Hunt, 31, was arrested with another man about 3am today in McLachlan St, Fortitude Valley.

His high-profile lawyer Adam Magill said an incident happened this morning and his client was arrested.

“An incident involving Karmichael Hunt occurred which resulted in his arrest,” he said.

“At this stage no further instructions have been taken.

“There were two males involved and there has been a subsequent charge of possession. They have been charged conjointly.”

A police spokesman confirmed a 31-year-old man had been charged with two counts of drug possession.

Police will allege the men were on the side of the road on McLachlan St.

His court date has been scheduled for January 29.

Another man, 32, was charged with possession of a thing used in regards to a drug offence.

Hunt’s charges come months after he re-signed with the Wallabies and the Queensland Reds, saying he was ready for a “new take on life” after being embroiled in the Gold Coast Suns cocaine scandal while playing AFL.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6fec2566f5813d40d9dbaba88067dcac

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As much as I have distain for the cutie he was not cheating. Testing for this stuff just brings the game down.

Sports officials are not police.

It is a joke.

The FBI gets hacked for the same reason, all the good ones cannot work there.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians, none get tested for recreational drugs, but young blokes who play footy.

Just the worst.......

Andrew Walker most duded bloke ever.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We have blokes driving into crowds, shooting random people, domestic violence, pedophiles, corporate and political corruption.

But no the issue coming into 2018 is footy players and what they do at parties.

Just get farged you farging fascists.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Angry, mate... he wasnt tested he was caught in possession.
Well give him 54 years.

FTR I do not do coke, bloke shows up to work, does his job, can have a line at a social do, would have to have some in his pocket.

Sorry rant over.

Crush

Coach
As much as I have distain for the cutie he was not cheating. Testing for this stuff just brings the game down.

Sports officials are not police.

It is a joke.

The FBI gets hacked for the same reason, all the good ones cannot work there.
Nobody said he was cheating? He got caught with illegal drugs by the police.
Sports officials are not police you are right. But the police are police! And they arrested him for drug possession!

Drag Queen

Bench
Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians, none get tested for recreational drugs, but young blokes who play footy.

Just the worst.......

Andrew Walker most duded bloke ever.
Bullshit. Yes we do. Good thing we don't test for Etoh on a regular basis though. Footy players actually get paid way more than your average professional. Test them, try them, and dry them if necessary. My humble opinion of course...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nobody said he was cheating? He got caught with illegal drugs by the police.
Sports officials are not police you are right. But the police are police! And they arrested him for drug possession!
Yeah this time it was the Police. Doing their job.

Point still stands, cocaine, that is really the problem?

And why does NRL ban players never in "Possesion" I presume Mr Hunt 9 kilos.

Drag Queen

Bench
Yeah this time it was the Police. Doing their job.

Point still stands, cocaine, that is really the problem?

And why does NRL ban players never in "Possesion" I presume Mr Hunt 9 kilos.
Where did you get the 9 kg's from? As little as 3 grams can be deemed a trafficking offense in Australia, although you would never see a conviction with that amount.