What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Radio Sport

ozbash

Referee
theyre a pack of sensation seeking wankers.

willie lose is ok at times.

used to be good.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I used to listen to it often.

I would again, i enjoy the night shows and D'Arcy in the afternoons, when i listen.

I'd leave it on overnight but i can't stand Tony Veitch, so i hardly listen to the night show.

Jesbass

First Grade
Sanchez said:
Favourites?
least favourites?

Martin Devlin was my favourite, before his misdemeanor.
D'arcy Waldegrave would be my favourite now.
Jason Costigan(?) is pretty good. (Not sure if it's Costigan, but he's an Aussie.)

Tony Veitch is okay.
Willie Lose is pretty average, but he has the occasional moment.
Murray Deaker is pretty boring.

It hink part of it, for me, is to do with the sports the cover, as well as the wit and humour, (or lack thereof), that they bring to the table.

ozbash

Referee
devlin is not a journalists rectum
d'arcy is a journos rectum
costigan, instant OFF button my plan this year at home games is to administer hate (in very large doses) to this anti kiwi genius.

veitchy and lose are ok

deeks is 50/50 depends what mood hes in

pity really, the have the best league commentator in the world in allan mac...

ozbash

Referee
i dont understand how anyone would enjoy a station that put the public boot into the warriors when they were down.

as a so called "sports" station would a bit of positive support been too much to ask ?

ozbash

Referee
people are quick to forget the total bullsh*t that radiosport stirred up when ali lauitiiti left, fa'afili, pj, daniel anderson etc.

if they couldnt get the story off mick watson (and he didnt have much time for them) then they reported inuendo and supposition created by the listeners and the dj,s imagination.

forgive and forget ? like bloody hell.

Jesbass

First Grade
ozbash said:
people are quick to forget the total bullsh*t that radiosport stirred up when ali lauitiiti left, fa'afili, pj, daniel anderson etc.

if they couldnt get the story off mick watson (and he didnt have much time for them) then they reported inuendo and supposition created by the listeners and the dj,s imagination.

forgive and forget ? like bloody hell.

I didn't hear the majority of those when they occurred, but I remember listening to the Ali Lauiti'iti saga unfold. The Warriors were overseas at the time the rumour broke, and Mick Watson refused to answer their calls when they were seeking to verify the story. Hardly a positive move in the eyes of the fans and media.

Incidentally, if Mick Watson didn't have time for them, that adds to their credibility in my eyes, not his credibility.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Radio sport did nothing other than report the facts in that whole Ali saga.

I refuse to listen to Willie Lose, he is THE worst DJ they have, he openly puts the boot into league. Calls the Warriors the Penrose Warriors, says no one gives a stuff about league south of the bombays, reckons union the more skillfull of the two sports. Only thing weaker than his broadcasting career was his union career.

I like Radiosport. D'Arcy is probably the best. Doesnt do it by the book.Vietch is okay, Devlin was way better but the best bit of Veitchs show was when they had Lonergan on for an hour every week.
When they get Miles Davis on it is good listening
As far as Kath Karby Williams goes i would rather listen to kids scratching their nails down blackboards

MKEB...

Staff member
Yeah, Miles Davis is worth a chuckle at the bet of times. Only heard him once on Radio Sport

ozbash

Referee
Radio sport did nothing other than report the facts in that whole Ali saga. :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should be writing ads for Tui.

You are right about watson jess, hes a low bastard. it still doesnt excuse radiosport from reporting the "news" :roll: from the club when they had no comment from mick or no news to report.

they should change the name of the outfit to "radiorumour"

doug golightly is/was another dickhead...

Sanchez

Coach
Sam_the_man said:
Radio sport did nothing other than report the facts in that whole Ali saga.

I refuse to listen to Willie Lose, he is THE worst DJ they have, he openly puts the boot into league. Calls the Warriors the Penrose Warriors, says no one gives a stuff about league south of the bombays, reckons union the more skillfull of the two sports. Only thing weaker than his broadcasting career was his union career.

agree totally

playdaball

Bench
Sanchez said:
agree totally

How did his Rugby career stack up against your RL career?

He played provincal NPC for Harbour and AKLD as well as representing Tonga at the WC. He also played professionally in Japan and Italy.

I may not agree with his comments regarding the Warriors at times but I wouldn't knock his footballing ability.

What were your football - any code - highpoints?

Latest posts