What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Radio Sport

Sam_the_man

First Grade
He was never a first choice player in NPC and took easy money in Japan, wow...what a player. Turned out for two matches for tonga when he had no chance of playing for the all blacks, a super star. And even then he piss poor for tonga.

how about yourself Playdaball, you achieved anything?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
playdaball said:
How did his Rugby career stack up against your RL career?

What were your football - any code - highpoints?

Ah, the old "What have you ever done?" arguement.

Never gets old.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
All depends on which sport they talk about/are commentating. But i tune in regularly, never called them but long time listener.

Sanchez

Coach
playdaball said:
How did his Rugby career stack up against your RL career?

He played provincal NPC for Harbour and AKLD as well as representing Tonga at the WC. He also played professionally in Japan and Italy.

I may not agree with his comments regarding the Warriors at times but I wouldn't knock his footballing ability.

What were your football - any code - highpoints?

:lol: you loser

Jesbass

First Grade
ozbash said:
you should be writing ads for Tui.

You are right about watson jess, hes a low bastard. it still doesnt excuse radiosport from reporting the "news" :roll: from the club when they had no comment from mick or no news to report.

they should change the name of the outfit to "radiorumour"

doug golightly is/was another dickhead...

To be fair, Bash, the radio host who was talking about it when I heard it was very clear that nothing had been confirmed, and it was at that point only a rumour. He didn't report it as news. He simply said something along the lines of "this is what we've heard, we're unsure if it's true, we're trying to contact Mick Watson to verify it, but we've been unable to contact him".

Perhaps another DJ took a different approach after I stopped listening, but the one I heard never suggested it was confirmed news.

Scott

Bench
I enjoy Veitch and the croat in the mornings. D'arcy is good too. He has Pricey in the studio every week which is always goos listening.

Willie Lose and Brendon Telfer both beeds bullets between the eyes.

Martli

Coach
Only ever listen to it in the mornings now, veitchies show is good when veitch is actually on it. That Aussie guy (I think it's Matt Gunn?!?!) pisses me off though, he is constantly whinging.

But I mostly listen to Raido Hauraki now anyway :lol:

ozbash

Referee
But I mostly listen to Raido Hauraki now anyway

same, the pirates are cool and are respectful to the bad mutcher.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Jesbass said:
If by 'never', you mean 'immediately', then I agree. :cool:

It never gets old for the sooks who use it.

Its boring before they've even clicked submit reply for the rest of us :crazy:

JoeD

First Grade
Worst - DEEEEKS - this man knows surprisingly little about any sport besides rugby and cricket. Even these two he struggles to keep up with.
2nd Worse-WILLIE - a wannabe DEEEEKS. Just a bit dim overall. The thing I hate most about his show is the random quotes he plays and then doesn't tell you who it was or what they were talking about.

D'arcy is good, he seems knowledgeable in many sports. Veitch is OK in small doses and I don't mind the aussie guy for a bit of balance. Mystery Morrison on Sunday morns is probably the best of the lot.

ozbash

Referee
i forgot about mystery, a very listenable person.

cant remember his name (loosehead len) is very good on union but totally out of his depth with league, but hes the first to admit it.

phil gifford ?

playdaball

Bench
Captain Charisma said:
Harby-Williams should go back to doing nights with Kento.

Get her off Veitchy's show. 'Hope that Dean Lonergan is back on Friday mornings soon - great listening on way to work.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Wanna know where radio sport stands concerning rugby league?

On thursday they had Mario, Laurie Dally and Gordy Tallus on the morning show, they got people to send/phone in there questions. The best question as picked by the boys won a prize.

Wanna know what the prize was????? a six month subscription to rugby news....

Yep thats right, you ask a good rugby LEAGUE question and win a subscription to a rugby UNION magazine.

What an insult!