What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: SOO 2024 - no halfbacks.

I think Madge does have a smokie and he is going to pick a former origin player at 5/8.
He has kept cards close to his chest, this player hit some form over the weekend.
And NSW are going to do there own Alfie.
And the crowd chant MOYZA MOYZA

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Chad for Origin has been on the agenda for many years - he even turned New Zealand down to remain loyal to the Blues.

I think Madge does have a smokie and he is going to pick a former origin player at 5/8.
He has kept cards close to his chest, this player hit some form over the weekend.
And NSW are going to do there own Alfie.
And the crowd chant MOYZA MOYZA
No Stake the chant would be… MADGE OUT, MADGE OUT!

Matt reeked

Juniors
I think his game management is extremely poor , since he has been with us I think the Canberra game a few weeks ago last 60 minutes was the only games he’s controlled . His kicking game is below average . His defence although has got better is still very suspect ( I loved BB defending there on Saturday apart from the lapse or the smith try ) . Honestly he’s in his third year of playing 7 , he’s got a long long way to go . He’s young with plenty of Potential but no way he’s ready to play number 7 In origin. For the record I think they go Moses & Burton .

Matt reeked

Juniors
As for Saturday nights win we did the simple things extremely well completed at 91% I think ? 2 of the 3 errors were in the first 10 minutes of the top of my head . Nicho overplays his hand week in week out , pushes passes , poor last play structure set ups ( how many times he get caught with the pill late in tackle count ) which stems from his lack of game management and control of the game . I’d love to be wrong moving forward however we arnt winning a comp with him at 7 IMO.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well, we'll see. I don't agree with much of what you've said reeked. Mainly because just not being a traditional half doesn't make him a bad manager anymore. He was, I'll say that much, But, he has improved out of sight. Sharks also have a game plan pivotting week to week. A traditional game manager would struggle outside of a robotic system IMO.

dinghydi

Juniors
I dont know where to post this but this thread seems to be as good as any . I expect to be Flamed for not going with the majority. Harry Grant is or has been a favorite of mine for his amazing talent and 100% committed way he plays the greatest game.

Anyway ... forwards Give the bash barge adrenalin charge to the game . Without them halves go nowhere .

Halves add the spark , skill , magical thrill . And the little feckers are tough as nails d Making us armchair heroes think we may have ever had a chance of standing up to the musclebound hulks we were always scared of. Currently there's a shortage of halves due to injuries (and maybe the way the modern game is going )

Most kickers are halves , kicking is a point of difference to Bash and barge . Important part of the game ! A few yrs ago we had an up and coming Sharks half taken out by a forward famed for his Kamikazi charges at kickers . He would launch himself at the kicker Turn his body in self preservation and take out the kicker . He ended that halves career.

Harry Turned his Head when launching . Harry did come through and hit the kickers legs , spinning him and putting him off balance .

If RL Judiciary are serious about protecting Kickers ( mostly halves,and hookers like Harry) , he should think himself lucky Very F***ing lucky

I dont know where to post this but this thread seems to be as good as any . I expect to be Flamed for not going with the majority. Harry Grant is or has been a favorite of mine for his amazing talent and 100% committed way he plays the greatest game.

Anyway ... forwards Give the bash barge adrenalin charge to the game . Without them halves go nowhere .

Halves add the spark , skill , magical thrill . And the little feckers are tough as nails d Making us armchair heroes think we may have ever had a chance of standing up to the musclebound hulks we were always scared of. Currently there's a shortage of halves due to injuries (and maybe the way the modern game is going )

Most kickers are halves , kicking is a point of difference to Bash and barge . Important part of the game ! A few yrs ago we had an up and coming Sharks half taken out by a forward famed for his Kamikazi charges at kickers . He would launch himself at the kicker Turn his body in self preservation and take out the kicker . He ended that halves career.

Harry Turned his Head when launching . Harry did come through and hit the kickers legs , spinning him and putting him off balance .

If RL Judiciary are serious about protecting Kickers ( mostly halves,and hookers like Harry) , he should think himself lucky Very F***ing lucky
Steve Price on Tony Caine. Tony was our hooker but your point is taken. It was a despicable act by Price.

Eion

First Grade

Saying that Harry ‘launched’ is a stretch. He did run through the kicking line and the contact could have been worse. He wasn’t looking and no control over that. For that I would have have been ok with a penalty and a Grade 1 fine. Not a bin, but close to a bin. It was pretty f**ken stupid.

dinghydi

Juniors
Saying that Harry ‘launched’ is a stretch. He did run through the kicking line and the contact could have been worse. He wasn’t looking and no control over that. For that I would have have been ok with a penalty and a Grade 1 fine. Not a bin, but close to a bin. It was pretty f**ken stupid.
Ok Fine - can say "as he approached the kicker turning his head " (pedantic,but if it makes Harry happy I'm ok with that wording .) The result was he collected the kicker's leg as he didn't see where he or the Kicker were going(wasn't looking) . Sure- not forceful but it was enough to turn him in the air and land awkwardly,nearly falling and possibly injuring his ankle. It looked like a close thing in the replay (Not much said about that ) it could easily have ended badly. His duty of care was to keep Kicker in full site while "approaching ".giving him at least a chance of avoiding collision, however "Gentle" it may have been. Honestly The ref has enough to do without going beyond :-
*Connected Kicker after looking away. . Turning him in mid air,so he fell awkwardly . Just goes to show if you get on front foot immediately like Harry and Protest with self righteous indignation , most people will go along with that. I think Harry learned his craft well from his predecessor .

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Question from the floor without notice: How many Sharks chics are playing in tonights Gals state of Origin and what positions are they playing.

Can't say I am too munch excited about the game, might even watch Spud Dutton's Budget Reply Speech.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Did you notice the concern on Tui Kamikamica face. Harry wasn't looking but Tui was.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Question from the floor without notice: How many Sharks chics are playing in tonights Gals state of Origin and what positions are they playing.

Can't say I am too munch excited about the game, might even watch Spud Dutton's Budget Reply Speech.
Google