What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

Drag Queen

Bench
I am astounded how lost and poor he is playing. I think he already has his retirement pyjamas on together with his favourite dressing gown.
Did you guys even watch this game? Thurston was everywhere. Failed a couple of goals and yet converted an almost impossible one. Kasiano on report for a dog act taking him out without the ball. It may have been a low scoring game but Cam Smith and Thurston were the standout players last night. Watch it again please.

ouryears

Bench
Did you guys even watch this game? Thurston was everywhere. Failed a couple of goals and yet converted an almost impossible one. Kasiano on report for a dog act taking him out without the ball. It may have been a low scoring game but Cam Smith and Thurston were the standout players last night. Watch it again please.
Geeze, I don't know, he was everywhere but created nothing.

Yes, Kasiano is a dog, I cannot stand the coward, he hit JT behind his back well after the play had moved on.

JT used to have players hitting great lines, putting defences into two minds at every touch of the ball, and manage the whole cowboys game.

I think he is playing well under par, he is not threatening at all and no longer gives the team direction.

I am not wanting to crucify him as he has been a real legend,
but the same as Nighty....it's time JT.

ouryears

Bench
Some of us are in the sweet spot of age where our earliest football hate was Bennett and the broncos through the 90’s, I remember being near inconsolable after 93 And then seeing Alfies little song a lifelong enmity begin. then the cursed year 99 came, and so was born a new nemesis - little did I know then the saga of cheating, chicken winging, choking, two contract signing scum they would become. f**k the broncos. f**k the storm.

But there’s no denying they’re the two best coaches of the last 3 decades, and I’d sell my grandmother to get Bellamy as our coach.

Mate, he has coached one team with three of possibly the best players of all time and still hasn't won everything.

He was part of the rorting mastermind down there.

His record without Smith is 33 PER CENT wins.

He is a myth in my opinion.

I wouldn't swap my pet flea for him.

The Damo

Juniors
Well I said I only s saw the last ten. And in the field position they had the Thurston of old would’ve been setting up the play, thinking 2 tackles in advance and demanding the ball. It was really striking the difference in that period to what I expect from him.

Drag Queen

Bench
Well I said I only s saw the last ten. And in the field position they had the Thurston of old would’ve been setting up the play, thinking 2 tackles in advance and demanding the ball. It was really striking the difference in that period to what I expect from him.
Only need to look at the the score Damo. It was a pretty much a referee interference free game and defensively the Storm should have won by a bigger margin. The Cows did well, and so did Thurston. Two missed kicks from him probably lost them the game but their defence was solid. The score doesn't reflect the game. It was good to watch.

Crush

Coach
Not sure if you are familiar with supercoach but they scored Thurston 16 points last night. That is woeful.
Cam Smith who had a good game on the other hand they gave him 108 points.
JT had a shocker, an absolute shocker.

giboz71

First Grade
Cows are better off handing the keys back to Morgan. He proved last year he could be the guy.

JT being the main man with Morgan taking a back seat doesn’t work any more as JT is not the player he was.

2 halves working well together is crucial. The Cows, Broncos, Raiders, Eels are just a few examples where halves haven’t clicked.

We’re one of the lucky teams where our halves are combining well. Kudos to Mary perhaps?

The Damo

Juniors
Mate, he has coached one team with three of possibly the best players of all time and still hasn't won everything.

He was part of the rorting mastermind down there.

His record without Smith is 33 PER CENT wins.

He is a myth in my opinion.

I wouldn't swap my pet flea for him.
He has had those players - and I’m definitely of the opinion that it’s as much players as the coach that makes a successful team. The system he’s built there has turned plenty of average players to very good, and very good players to great.
He’s had the assistance of massive backing and resources, and cheated the cap terribly. That’s part of the story for sure. But if he wasn’t exceptionally good at his job then that wouldnt have translated to such sustained excellence either.

Drag Queen

Bench
Not sure if you are familiar with supercoach but they scored Thurston 16 points last night. That is woeful.
Definitely have differing views on this one. Thurston was definitely targeted all night, Morgs was playing with a groin injury, and yet the Storm win by a point. No doubting Smith made the difference. Tell me which Cowboy made a difference last night. Just curious.

Crush

Coach
Definitely have differing views on this one. Thurston was definitely targeted all night, Morgs was playing with a groin injury, and yet the Storm win by a point. No doubting Smith made the difference. Tell me which Cowboy made a difference last night. Just curious.
Not JT

Old Timer

Coach
Cows had plenty of opportunities last night and JT of 2 years ago would have used them to his teams fullest advantage.
Last night JT was a passenger and when needed he failed to fire.
As I said a few weeks ago it is sadly like watching Billy Smith come to the end of his great career and in the end I wish I hadn't seen the last 2-3 years of it.

Drag Queen

Bench
Kyle Feldt was outstanding
Taumalalo was good also.
Taumalolo was not at his best tbh. They lost a try to him due to obstruction. We obviously watched different games. Kyle did plant a nice try though and JT converted it perfectly. The end Xx

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Personally, this is a tragedy, one playing out in slow motion.
JT is a legend, but playing on old legs, trying too hard to capture not only his form from old but those of his team mates as well. Some of his team mates are just passengers atm.
As far as the dog act by Kasiano, yes very much a dog act (well he is an ex dog remember) and he should get 2-3 weeks for it. In the past JT may have bounced straight back up but nowadays the imoacts are rumbling through every bone.
Time for JT to just relax and enjoy, win or lose, his last season of football.

Crush

Coach
Taumalolo was not at his best tbh. They lost a try to him due to obstruction. We obviously watched different games. Kyle did plant a nice try though and JT converted it perfectly. The end Xx
Maybe we did watch different games.
I watched the same game as the Cowboys forum members though. They have a great 3.2.1 system where all points are tallied and posted.
Feldt by far won the most amount of points followed by Taumalalo then so on down the line.
1 person gave JT one point.
FYI Feldt got 36 points.
Check it out DQ, its on their forum.
But maybe you are right, you and I watched different games.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I'm not a fan of Kasiano and he certainly has previous form, but i'm not convinced his shot on Thurston warranted anything more than a penalty. If you look at it in slow motion it looks worse than it it actually was, but I'm not sure what a 115kg bloke who is charging to make a hit is suppose to do in a situation like that.
Thurston turned his back and from the angle Kasiano was attacking from, Thurston's body was between Kasiano and Molo (the player Thurston passes to) so Kasiano had no idea if Thurston had passed or was just throwing a dummy. The time between the ball leaving Thurstons hands and contact by Kasiano contact was less than a second so everything happened so fast that i just don't think you have time to react any differently. If Thurston dummies but Kasiano pulls out of the tackle, then everyone is saying Kasiano made a bad defensive error.
If you turn your back you leave yourself open to the possibility of exactly what happened........no further action warranted for mine.

I am still absolutley honking over that kasiano hit, it was targeted, late and deliberate. I think what winds me up even more is that dog merkin has been doing shit like that for years and it only gets attention because it was JT on the other end.
Its a pretty average thing to say but that grub is one of the few pricks I wouldn't be upset to see put in a wheelchair

Drag Queen

Bench
I'm not a fan of Kasiano and he certainly has previous form, but i'm not convinced his shot on Thurston warranted anything more than a penalty. If you look at it in slow motion it looks worse than it it actually was, but I'm not sure what a 115kg bloke who is charging to make a hit is suppose to do in a situation like that.
Thurston turned his back and from the angle Kasiano was attacking from, Thurston's body was between Kasiano and Molo (the player Thurston passes to) so Kasiano had no idea if Thurston had passed or was just throwing a dummy. The time between the ball leaving Thurstons hands and contact by Kasiano contact was less than a second so everything happened so fast that i just don't think you have time to react any differently. If Thurston dummies but Kasiano pulls out of the tackle, then everyone is saying Kasiano made a bad defensive error.
If you turn your back you leave yourself open to the possibility of exactly what happened........no further action warranted for mine.
Really? It was a dog attack. Turn yourself away without the ball, with all and sundry to see, and you call that an error. No bloody way. What I don't understand is why he wasn't punted from the field immediately. Even Bellyache agreed on this one.

Drag Queen

Bench
Maybe we did watch different games.
I watched the same game as the Cowboys forum members though. They have a great 3.2.1 system where all points are tallied and posted.
Feldt by far won the most amount of points followed by Taumalalo then so on down the line.
1 person gave JT one point.
FYI Feldt got 36 points.
Check it out DQ, its on their forum.
But maybe you are right, you and I watched different games.
I will check it out although I don't need others opinions to form my own. Jeezuz if I took on board half the comments on this thread I'd need therapy. Sometimes I look at our own 3.2.1 system and shake my head. Each to their own I guess. I'm not a genius at NRL but I think I've got a handle on it.