What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Matches 2018

callmack1

Staff member
What a fantastic Test Match that was!!! So stoked the Kiwis finally picked up the win against you Aussies too!!

ThingFish

Juniors
What a fantastic Test Match that was!!! So stoked the Kiwis finally picked up the win against you Aussies too!!
Great win by Kiwis. Score line doesn’t reflect just how dominant they were. Definitely a new era for both teams and I think Australia coming back to the field will be good for international league.

They shut down Cookie well.

Also looking forward to Bryson Goodwin and Warrington in tomorrow mornings Super League GF against Wigan. 4:00am our time. If we do have to replace Seibs in 2020 I think we should be looking at what Steve Price has accomplished this year with Wolves. He’s taken a rag bag side close to their first premiership since 1955. Will be a top watch.

ThingFish

Juniors
Bit of a below average game for Bryson in the first half. Errors and miss reads in D. One reading to a Wigan try. However Warrington are still in this. Wigan up 8-4 at the half.

Pommy

Coach
Great win by Kiwis. Score line doesn’t reflect just how dominant they were. Definitely a new era for both teams and I think Australia coming back to the field will be good for international league.

They shut down Cookie well.

Also looking forward to Bryson Goodwin and Warrington in tomorrow mornings Super League GF against Wigan. 4:00am our time. If we do have to replace Seibs in 2020 I think we should be looking at what Steve Price has accomplished this year with Wolves. He’s taken a rag bag side close to their first premiership since 1955. Will be a top watch.

Getting Warrington to finals hasn’t been the difficult thing. Actually winning something is another matter totally.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Very happy for Madge and I loved his presser. He was talking about how much it means to the fans of NZ and all. Madge really connects with the member base and supporters and I feel Seibs doesn’t. I feel Madge becomes more invested with who he’s coaching and it’s not just like other coaches where it is a job to feed the families. He really is so so so passionate. I’ll always have a soft spot for Madge.

All this talk about Seibs going to Brisbane was when we started to struggle with our season.... just saying...... imo it was partly a distraction.

I really like Seibs but he needs to show real passion for the member base too which is the lifeblood of the club and imo he does not do that well.

Travitoh

First Grade
It doesn’t matter because I am. The worst Australia side in memory, I hope they do build their side around DCE. Some great years ahead for England if they do.

Agree with this.
For the first time in my lifetime, the players in the Australian spine wouldn't be walk up starts for other nations.
In fact, none would feature in a World XIII.
1. RTS
6. Widdop
7. Johnson
9. Hodgson

Pommy

Coach
Agree with this.
For the first time in my lifetime, the players in the Australian spine wouldn't be walk up starts for other nations.
In fact, none would feature in a World XIII.
1. RTS
6. Widdop
7. Johnson
9. Hodgson

You’ve spoke against saint cook. Prepare to burnt as a heretic.

callmack1

Staff member
That Tonga vs Australia game was absolutely incredible it really was. To be honest, it wasn't really about the result, that was just a massive celebration of our great game!

The crowd was just amazing all game, a sea of red and I honestly don't think I've ever seen or heard anything like it, genuinely gives me goosebumps. Just amazing stuff.

Going to a Tonga game is 100% on my bucket list now, I wanna experience it in person. I'm really buzzing after that, it's just so cool!

Travitoh

First Grade
That Tonga vs Australia game was absolutely incredible it really was. To be honest, it wasn't really about the result, that was just a massive celebration of our great game!

The crowd was just amazing all game, a sea of red and I honestly don't think I've ever seen or heard anything like it, genuinely gives me goosebumps. Just amazing stuff.

Going to a Tonga game is 100% on my bucket list now, I wanna experience it in person. I'm really buzzing after that, it's just so cool!

My partners parents were in Auckland on Saturday and had no idea what was going on at first. They said the city was red and there was a carnival like atmosphere in the afternnon leading up to the game.

Fantastic scenes for international rugby league.

callmack1

Staff member
About to tuck myself in for a couple hours sleep before I'm up again at 2am to watch the Kiwis vs England. I'm really looking forward to this one!!

ThingFish

Juniors
I liked how WB used the twins off the bench. Hopefully we’ll see a return of one starting, and one impacting off the bench when he starts his time here.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I liked how WB used the twins off the bench. Hopefully we’ll see a return of one starting, and one impacting off the bench when he starts his time here.
That would mean we would need Nicholls to start at prop.

I expect a backrow of this:

Sutton
Sam
Murray

callmack1

Staff member
Pretty disappointed with that game tbh, both sides weren't at their best at all and it wasn't the prettiest to watch at times. A shame to see the Kiwis go down but credit to England, they rattled us a bit I feel and really slowed down the game which suits the English style better. England got pretty lucky with that penalty try call though, that was BS!!!

The twins were solid without being outstanding.