What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our right edge defence atrocious

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Every time Dragons go left they have a 2 man overlap...Whats going on out there.
3 tries to the veteran Flo Rinse Nightingale.......
Could have scored 4 if Lafai passed it to him just before halftime...
We have no ability to score tries this year at all...How many chances do we need.

If it happens once, learn from it, but gee 3 tries and 2 they they stuffed up, doesn't they talk to each other out there?
Is it a positive that they didn't concede in the last 5 minutes before ½ time :rolling_eyes:

Wittyfan, I need to ask, please rate that 40 minutes of Moses.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Nofa is a bit to blame..He is miles infield all the time leaving his winger unmarked.
Widdop is looking like Wally Lewis....too easy

Tiger05

First Grade
Nofo is more like 98% to blame. At the same time he is our best attacking player and it's not close.

Shredder

Juniors
I think they have the up and in defence, but its just not working for them.

I say I think because it also looks like the "abject mess" defensive structure.

They need to slide within their own 20......

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Andrew Johns and Gould said teams watch our games and see we are easily busted by kicking in behind our defence.....how many tries did we concede today thru kicks???? 3...?
Bit obvious isnt it.......
So why do we keep doing it ...Game after game.

Tiger05

First Grade
It was adequate. Dragons are going places this year!

It was terrible. It showed a player who at this point is barely an NRL half. Moses at his best is a very good player but he doesn't hit that level consistently.

How much is he worth based on how he is playing. I think $200k tops.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The winger is very rarely to blame when overlaps occur. Nofa follows naquima in every time. It is obvious this is what they are coached to do.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
The winger is very rarely to blame when overlaps occur. Nofa follows naquima in every time. It is obvious this is what they are coached to do.

well whoever is to blame it needs to change...
The whole world knows about our right side now....
It was like this last year....Why hasnt it been fixed.....
Makes me wonder about the defence coach/coach.What are they doing at training

BrotherJim05

Bench
We really need a complete roster overhaul. 2017 will be a clean out. 2018 a rebuild year (again) and then we should make a solid push for finals 2019. I hope we have learnt from our mistakes

simmo05

Bench
It was terrible. It showed a player who at this point is barely an NRL half. Moses at his best is a very good player but he doesn't hit that level consistently.

How much is he worth based on how he is playing. I think $200k tops.
Never seen his best in first grade. Flick him and everyone associated with his uncle benny and uncle isaac.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Watched the game on tellie today.

I never thought a side would have a worse right edge defense than Fergo and SKD when they are out of form waving their arms widely in the air and shooting out of the line like a pair of drunk sheepdogs. But I have to say it that your right edge is worse and Cleary cannot come quick enough to your club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched the game on tellie today.

I never thought a side would have a worse right edge defense than Fergo and SKD when they are out of form waving their arms widely in the air and shooting out of the line like a pair of drunk sheepdogs. But I have to say it that your right edge is worse and Cleary cannot come quick enough to your club.
Its been this bad since Taylor came in and 'fixed'our defence.

Nofo is more like 98% to blame. At the same time he is our best attacking player and it's not close.

What are you watching? Do you just see Nofo get beat on the outside and assume he's wholly at fault?

We play that compressed and Nofoaluma has two or three men outside of him at any given time because his only opportunity to stop the play is to jam in and close it off before it gets wide. He stays out and they scored inside of him. He has two inept defenders in Moses and Naiqama inside him.

Let Moses chase coin at the Dogs and buy a decent centre who can defend and a half who is a reasonable defender and you'll go a long way to fixing our right edge. It would also help if we could defend effectively in the middle third so we don't have to compress our defensive line in the f**king first place.

Clifferd

Coach
People are seriously joking if Nofoaluma is to blame. By the time it's his turn to defend it's a 3 on 1. Not even Jesus is going to stop that

It all starts from the inside defenders not sliding