What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our run to the finals

pantherz9103

First Grade
We surely aren't making the 4 now. First time we've made 3 straight finals since 1989-1991 and only 2nd time in our history, but it's an underwhelming era compared to then.

Panfa

Juniors
The peachey experiment at fullback needs to go put zelezniak at fullback bring in Phillips on the wing and put peachey to 5/8.in the forwards start tamou with campbell gillard piss katoa off and start egan we look much more dangerous when egan is out there.

Panfa

Juniors
Zelezniak mansour blake whare phillips peachey cleary fisher harris kikau yeo campbell gillard egan tamou -merrin may leota harawira neara

maple_69

Bench
Whatever happened to this side it’s a real shame. No one else looks particularly great. Our form halfway through the year with a bit more time and fluency would have done the job I think.

I tend to think we have just run out of puff after all the injuries and Origin reps. We’ve lost more man games than 2015 now.

As much as the right coach(es), I just hope we get a run of health as good as ANY other side in the top 8 has this year. No side can win without a largely healthy roster. People getting their faces caved in by knees to the head in the standing position (etc) is just killing us.

OldPanther

Coach
Love your positive outlook!
They can beat the Warriors, and whoever they play in a SF. Everybody said we couldn't win a SF last year, but look what happened!

It's not positive or negative. It's just the truth regarding our form. A month of football against bottom 8 teams and they have 3 miracle comebacks and a convincing loss to Newcastle.

forby

Juniors
So that means we can't win another game? Form goes in and out without any real reason. Especially so with the youngest squad in the comp.
You may be right, but I dont think so. A few tweaks to the team and I can see a win against the Warriors. We have a reasonable record over there!
And if Smith is out who knows what happens in Melbourne?

tripster

Juniors
So that means we can't win another game? Form goes in and out without any real reason. Especially so with the youngest squad in the comp.
You may be right, but I dont think so. A few tweaks to the team and I can see a win against the Warriors. We have a reasonable record over there!

Love the optimism. You've come good earlier than me. I am still in a depressed state following yesterday. Perhaps I'll be back to seeing glimmers of hope later in the week.

OldPanther

Coach

I was still running on emotions from the game. Check my post in the game thread. After having time to chill out I think this will be a good thing overall.

tripster

Juniors
Dogs beat the Warriors. Was a really hard fought game. Dogs showed some incredible effort in defence. Only result to go our way so far this weekend.

tripster

Juniors
Geez. Had we won on Saturday we'd be tied top of the ladder with the Storm, Rabbitohs and Roosters.

What disappoints me even more is how we played. If Knights had played incredibly well and so had we, and we’d lost due to the bounce of the ball or 50/50 call I wouldn’t be as concerned. It was more about how shit we played.

If you think about it we really didn’t deserve any of our last 3 wins and 11 wins is probably a better reflection of where we should be on the ladder.

TheFrog

Coach
If you think about it we really didn’t deserve any of our last 3 wins and 11 wins is probably a better reflection of where we should be on the ladder.
I don't think you can begrudge the Raiders win, it was 28-5 after halftime. Come to think of it Manly can't be said to have deserved to win either, the way they collapsed. Last week on the coast we weren't the better side, though.

tripster

Juniors
It seems now that, even if we somehow manage to beat the Storm, we finish 7th or 8th. 8th would seem most likely. It is a bit difficult to predict who we will play in the 1st week of the finals, but it is unlikely to be Brisbane. It seems most likely to be the Dragons or the Warriors. Fingers crossed that it is the Dragons.