What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overrated Actors

Big Pete

Referee
Or really actors you don't like for whatever reason.

I've got a list but I'll start with...

George Clooney - Every year he seems to release the same 'ok' Oscar bait movie with the same trademark quirky but charming performance and yet somehow, some way, always ends up getting recognition for it. I just don't understand the appeal and I'm yet to see the one stand out performance from him.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Clooney is versatile, but probably a tad overrated. He was excellent in Syrianna though, and it wasn't he usual type of character.

Kevin Costner After watching the Untouchables and JFK I was a big fan, but the more movies I saw of him the more I realised how limited his range is
Nicole Kidman Limited range, she doesn't draw your attention at all in her movies.

There were tonnes of shit overrated actors in the 90s, pretty much 90 per cent of actors in Aaron Spelling shows were shit, and yet kept getting movie deals which was a joke.

Christian Bale - 1 of his only 2 good performances came 25 years ago as an early teen and the other was in The Fighter where he was great but othe than that he's very average. For a guy who a few years ago you couldn't go 5 minutes without one of his films coming out none of those performances were memorable except for being the weak link in the batman movies.

Mark Wahlberg -. He has the range of T Rex arms. Even in the other guys he was the same as he always is. Every performance is the same but somehow he gets lead roles.

gUt

Coach
Keanu Reeves although it's no secret he can't act.

I like Bruce Willis but he pretty much only ever plays Bruce Willis. Likewise Ricky Gervais.

Karl

Juniors
Every single "actor" on Australian Soaps (Neighbours, Home and Away etc), although I don't know if anyone rates them in the first place.

Others -

Ashton Kucher
Katherine Heigl
Demi Moore
Jennifer Lopez
Vin Diesel (I like him, but he can't act)
Kristen Stewart
Megan Fox
Nic Cage (I like his characters and some of his movies, but he's kinda terrible)
Zac Effron
Steven Seagal (so bad)
Katie Holmes (cute in Dawsons creek, but that was it for her)
Alicia Silverstone

God, there are so many.

WYD

Juniors
Or really actors you don't like for whatever reason.

I've got a list but I'll start with...

George Clooney - Every year he seems to release the same 'ok' Oscar bait movie with the same trademark quirky but charming performance and yet somehow, some way, always ends up getting recognition for it. I just don't understand the appeal and I'm yet to see the one stand out performance from him.
OK is probably a little harsh, but I tend to agree.

Directing Good Night, and Good Luck is definitely the highlight of his career. Don't know what he was thinking following this up with Leatherheads though.

WYD

Juniors
Nic Cage (I like his characters and some of his movies, but he's kinda terrible)
Doesn't belong on the list, he's responsible for some abortions, but too many great performances to call him terrible. A more accurate appraisal would be inconsistent, but I think he just phones in a performance for the pay check a lot of the time. Some of these films are so bad I don't blame him.

Springs

First Grade
Every single "actor" on Australian Soaps (Neighbours, Home and Away etc), although I don't know if anyone rates them in the first place.

Others -

Ashton Kucher
Katherine Heigl
Demi Moore
Jennifer Lopez
Vin Diesel (I like him, but he can't act)
Kristen Stewart
Megan Fox
Zac Effron
Steven Seagal (so bad)
Katie Holmes (cute in Dawsons creek, but that was it for her)
Alicia Silverstone

God, there are so many.

Pretty much all of them are just paid for star power and are cast just for being celebrities.

Others I don't like:
Anne Hathaway
Cate Blanchett
Leo Di Caprio
Nicole Kidman
Halle Berry

Actors that aren't bad but just piss me off whenever they open their mouths. Halle Berry won an Oscar for a sex scene and Hathaway takes herself too seriously, thinking she was typecast as a disney girl so decided to do shit like Havoc to show she was a 'serious actress'.

abpanther

Staff member
Russell Crowe belongs on this list IMO (other than Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind)

abpanther

Staff member
Pretty much all of them are just paid for star power and are cast just for being celebrities.

Others I don't like:
Anne Hathaway
Cate Blanchett
Leo Di Caprio
Nicole Kidman
Halle Berry

Actors that aren't bad but just piss me off whenever they open their mouths. Halle Berry won an Oscar for a sex scene and Hathaway takes herself too seriously, thinking she was typecast as a disney girl so decided to do shit like Havoc to show she was a 'serious actress'.

What's wrong with DiCaprio?

Springs

First Grade
What's wrong with DiCaprio?

Pissed me off in Titanic and his run of Scorcese films where everybody thought he was the best thing ever. He's not a bad actor but he made me hate his voice and I can't stand it when he tries to do accents.

Shutter Island and Inception are still among my favourite films though.

Vin Diesel and Tom Cruise can act just fine, just like most people. The roles they are in however aren't too good. I didn't like the applause for Cruise in Tropic Thunder. Dress anyone up in a fat suit, bald cap, beard, glasses and big hands and get them to swear and yell and dance for a few scenes and you'll get pretty much the same thing.

Avenger

Immortal
I love them but their range is limited to comedy but some overrated actors are:
Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn and Eddie Murphy. Happens to most comedy actors with the exception of maybe Robin Williams and Tom Hanks (Yes he was a comedy actor in Bachelor Party)

Cliffhanger

Coach
Christian Bale - 1 of his only 2 good performances came 25 years ago as an early teen and the other was in The Fighter where he was great but othe than that he's very average. For a guy who a few years ago you couldn't go 5 minutes without one of his films coming out none of those performances were memorable except for being the weak link in the batman movies.

Mark Wahlberg -. He has the range of T Rex arms. Even in the other guys he was the same as he always is. Every performance is the same but somehow he gets lead roles.

Wahlberg played a different character in the Lovely Bones and the Big Hit, found him pretty funny in the latter. Was dreadful in The Lovely Bones, but it was a dreadful movie.

legend

Coach
Eddie Murphy's early stuff was brilliant. Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, 48hrs, Coming to America etc along with Nutty Professor were great Murphy films.