What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers in 2017 RL World Cup

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
RCG is probably going to be signing a Lolo-esque contract with us in the next few days. Penrith knows how good he is and I'd be absolutely shocked if they kept him coming off the bench.

martielang

Bench
Probably will depend on where Merrin & Cartwright play too I guess. We could probably go with only one FR on the bench given Merrin & RCG both play big minutes.

Unless you play Kikau off the bench & use him in the middle.

mxlegend99

Referee
He is still prone to making mistakes, needs to watch when to offload.
He was a wrecking ball last night for fiji. By far their best forward and his runs were consistently helping them bend the line and get some momentum.

Against the best team in the world. I don't remember any errors. Just him carrying up to 3 and 4 of the best players in the world for 10+ metres

He and RCG have been by far our two best World Cup players. You say he makes too many mistakes, I guess we need to drop Mansour and DWZ. They were far worse with handling than Kikau was. Infact 3 of our starting backline (Whare, Mansour and DWZ) were all average at best for Australia and New Zealand against inferior opposition. Kikau on the other hand has starred against the shit teams and the supposed top 2 teams. I say supposed as New Zealand were nowhere near a top 3 side.

OldPanther

Coach
He was a wrecking ball last night for fiji. By far their best forward and his runs were consistently helping them bend the line and get some momentum.

Against the best team in the world. I don't remember any errors. Just him carrying up to 3 and 4 of the best players in the world for 10+ metres

He and RCG have been by far our two best World Cup players. You say he makes too many mistakes, I guess we need to drop Mansour and DWZ. They were far worse with handling than Kikau was. Infact 3 of our starting backline (Whare, Mansour and DWZ) were all average at best for Australia and New Zealand against inferior opposition. Kikau on the other hand has starred against the shit teams and the supposed top 2 teams. I say supposed as New Zealand were nowhere near a top 3 side.

Last night was fun to watch . Kikau looks to have gained a lot of confidence this world cup and being Fiji’s best against Aus was awesome.

Kilkenny

Coach
His lack of game time in his limited opportunities last season was bizarre but the fact he often wasn’t even being selected in the 21 man squads announced on Tuesdays was criminal particularly given he was playing very well in Nsw Cup.

maple_69

Bench
What the hell happened to RCG halfway through the season though? He’s always looked a very promising young prop but in the space of 20 games he’s become arguably the best prop going around right now.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
What the hell happened to RCG halfway through the season though? He’s always looked a very promising young prop but in the space of 20 games he’s become arguably the best prop going around right now.

He heard Moylan was leaving and knew some $$$'s were coming lol

martielang

Bench
Kikau had a ton of opportunities the first half of the season & didn't make the most of them. If he played well, he would of stayed there. Whether you agree with how he was used or not, he made crucial errors 4 or 5 games in a row & any player would of been given a spell in reserve grade after that.

Tuamalolo had a very similar start to first grade life. He was sent back to reserve grade for a while (despite his obvious potential) & it did him absolutely no harm at all. By the looks of it, the same is happening with Kikau.

FWIW i'd have him in the starting line up Rnd 1, I just don't agree he was harshly dealt with last year.

Latest posts