What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sack Griffin 4 weeks from finals

OldPanther

Coach
If you put them both in front of a Jury I’d suggest most people would accuse Gus of being the most likely to fabricate a story to suite his agenda

It's very obvious people have a preconceived idea of Gus and he was always going to be thought of as worse no matter what. People hate him and nothing will change that. Griffin lied his arse off in that interview but everyone has eaten it up because it's the anti Gus side of the story.

Juju

Juniors
It's very obvious people have a preconceived idea of Gus and he was always going to be thought of as worse no matter what. People hate him and nothing will change that. Griffin lied his arse off in that interview but everyone has eaten it up because it's the anti Gus side of the story.
Gould has been caught out explicitly lying to the media and the fan base, understandable that people are questioning his character.

Take your eye patch off.

Knight76

Juniors
Have to say I am enjoying the theatre of it all.

Hard to know the truth to all this, you have Gus and Griff spreading their propaganda and the players predictably saying they were fine with Griff, so it's BS at 10 paces all round.

I always apply the judge judy test to any situation, if it don't have the ring of truth then it's BS. For mine, and I don't have any particular dislike for Gus, but listening to him rant on the CH9 coverage at least once per game lends me to think he is a fairly opinionated kind of bloke, strong my way or the highway type.

So I reckon he has got his panties in a bunch over Griff for some reason at some point and that has sewn the seed here.

Add to that you have Penrith staring down the barrel of near certainly losing N Cleary, the media bugging both cleary's about playing together and the plan was hatched.

Stiff Griff and attempt to poach Cleary. Bold, uncharted waters we enter here!

martielang

Bench

So what did he lie about? Happy for you to show us the evidence?

You can’t just call someone out & make claims which have zero basis.

kbw

Bench

I will admit I have not seen the Griffin interview so I will not comment on what he said.
I do know that Gould has lied. I know why other staff have left and it was because of Gould's interference and his ego trips.
I believe his relevance is waning like Bennett's although slower because he attempts to self perpetuate theough ch9.

As far as preconceived opinions of Gould I always thought there were 2, the clown gould in the media and the football gould behind closed doors that was smart and switched on. Now I think there is 1, ego gould full of agendas

Have to say I am enjoying the theatre of it all.

Hard to know the truth to all this, you have Gus and Griff spreading their propaganda and the players predictably saying they were fine with Griff, so it's BS at 10 paces all round.

I always apply the judge judy test to any situation, if it don't have the ring of truth then it's BS. For mine, and I don't have any particular dislike for Gus, but listening to him rant on the CH9 coverage at least once per game lends me to think he is a fairly opinionated kind of bloke, strong my way or the highway type.

So I reckon he has got his panties in a bunch over Griff for some reason at some point and that has sewn the seed here.

Add to that you have Penrith staring down the barrel of near certainly losing N Cleary, the media bugging both cleary's about playing together and the plan was hatched.

Stiff Griff and attempt to poach Cleary. Bold, uncharted waters we enter here!

I like the bit where Tigpies fans are all cranky and indignant. :hugging:

OldPanther

Coach
Gould has been caught out explicitly lying to the media and the fan base, understandable that people are questioning his character.

Take your eye patch off.

He said Griffin would stay. He couldn't say anything else.

TheFrog

Coach
If he lied he is very good at it. He convinced me. He was punted because he and Gus didn't get along. Griffin went out of his way to avoid criticizing Gus, he just described events as he saw them. His account collaborates with Fletcher as well.

Latest posts