What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sack Griffin 4 weeks from finals

TheFrog

Coach
Hook accepted the responsibility 100% for Moylan leaving, which gave him huge credibility IMHO.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If he lied he is very good at it. He convinced me. He was punted because he and Gus didn't get along. Griffin went out of his way to avoid criticizing Gus, he just described events as he saw them. His account collaborates with Fletcher as well.

Exactly. If Griffin was lying not sure what about. He admitted his own failings in the account. Ever seen Gus do that?

Pedge1971

First Grade
He claimed he fixed our junior development and the club was a mess which is demonstrably bullshit.

Thats not what I heard him say. He did inherit a team that almost got the spoon the year before.

Anyway his word against Gus, only staff who were there through it all can tell the real tale.

Honestly, both blokes are so stubborn and ignorant they prob genuinely believe their accounts are reality. Happens when you dont speak at all for 6 week blocks...

OldPanther

Coach
Thats not what I heard him say. He did inherit a team that almost got the spoon the year before.

Anyway his word against Gus, only staff who were there through it all can tell the real tale.

Honestly, both blokes are so stubborn and ignorant they prob genuinely believe their accounts are reality. Happens when you dont speak at all for 6 week blocks...

The truth is probably in the middle somewhere. Good luck finding it.

Eion

First Grade
That term gaslighting could have been made up for Gus. He is your classic manipulator, build them up, knock them down, build them up again, repeat. A pure narcissist.

I’ve a soft spot for the pennies, but they need to wake up to what that bloke is.

roofromoz

First Grade
It's very obvious people have a preconceived idea of Gus and he was always going to be thought of as worse no matter what. People hate him and nothing will change that. Griffin lied his arse off in that interview but everyone has eaten it up because it's the anti Gus side of the story.

But he fixed our junior pathways and we had already made it to the next level.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
With no dog in the fight, I think this situation basically boils down to this:

Hook is a good bloke, but an ordinary coach.

Gus is an ordinary human being, but a good coach.

He should ‘piss’ or get off the pot. Either coach the club or move on. How you think things will improve when you’re already running equal 4th by endlessly sacking coaches and appointing new ones, I don’t know.

Maybe the best thing long term for the Panthers with this in mind, would be for the Tigers to sign Nathan Cleary and for Ivan to tell Gus where to go...

Then the Panthers can have an honest conversation about their best way forward without all this baggage and Gus can do, what he does best.

Dribble on channel 9...

TheFrog

Coach
I find it a bit weird the timing of Hannant and Soward and co laying into Griffin now that he is fired. If they genuinely thought he was such a rubbish coach and had rubbish gameplans and was holding Penrith back, why not say it while he was still in the job and still coaching and still getting wins?
Don't know about Hannant, but Sowie certainly did.

martielang

Bench
Hook was signed for the sole intention of pushing the juniors through. That’s increased 10 fold since he’s been involved. Its naive to think he hasn’t had a positive influence or made positive changes to the system.

Latest posts