What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sack Griffin 4 weeks from finals

super_coach

First Grade
The best thing to come out of all this saga, is there is a good chance Gould will fall on his sword or take his over inflated ego to another club...not mine I hope

Perth Red

Post Whore
Griffin is a terrible coach and every call Gus made in support of Griffin until he was forced to fire him was a terrible call.

But picking a good NRL coach isn't easy, there's only about 5 known proven ones and even they can have failed tenures. And everything else Gould has done at Penrith besides Griffin has been gold.

They lost $4.2million last year, just saying not everything is gold. If it wasn't for turning around the Panthers Leagues club financial performance the Panthers would be well and truly screwed with the losses they have made over the last 4 years.

chrisD

Coach
They lost $4.2million last year, just saying not everything is gold. If it wasn't for turning around the Panthers Leagues club financial performance the Panthers would be well and truly screwed with the losses they have made over the last 4 years.
Right, if we weren't rich as f**k we'd be poor.

The Rosco

Bench
That's hardly happening at all. Nathan isn't saying he's going to walk out of his contract. Way to jump to conclusions.

The situation for Penrith is that they want to keep Nathan before he can negotiate with other clubs in November. Nathan wants to play under his dad. Ergo, the club that has Ivan Cleary, will have Nathan Cleary. Penrith want to be that club.

If the Tigers wanted Nathan, I see no reason why they can't say to Ivan that they will make a play for him when they can talk to him in November.

The Tigers hold all the cards here.
Just before this circus rolled into town, the discussion was about how WT might be getting NC once he decides in November. Then a week after the meeting( IC/riff official) at Penrith that gus didn't know a single thing about . . . gus does an interview on nrl.com saying " if NC wants to leave the riff and play under his father's coaching, we understand and will not stand in his way at all"
Which makes gus seem like a decent and caring human being.
Until you look at the dates and work out that whole interview was done 7 days AFTER the meeting that gus didn't know a thing about, where the riff was lifting tables to be able to push their coaching role offer.
So once gus worked out that NC wants to play under his dad sooner than later, he switches the focus from keeping junior, to getting daddy. Illegal, immoral, or just a merkin act ?
I vote all 3.

OldPanther

Coach
Just before this circus rolled into town, the discussion was about how WT might be getting NC once he decides in November. Then a week after the meeting( IC/riff official) at Penrith that gus didn't know a single thing about . . . gus does an interview on nrl.com saying " if NC wants to leave the riff and play under his father's coaching, we understand and will not stand in his way at all"
Which makes gus seem like a decent and caring human being.
Until you look at the dates and work out that whole interview was done 7 days AFTER the meeting that gus didn't know a thing about, where the riff was lifting tables to be able to push their coaching role offer.
So once gus worked out that NC wants to play under his dad sooner than later, he switches the focus from keeping junior, to getting daddy. Illegal, immoral, or just a merkin act ?
I vote all 3.

Yet Ivan said nothing to the Tigers for 2 weeks :thinking:

some11

Referee

morley101

Juniors
The Penrith coaching structure is broken whenever you have someone above the first grade coach
pulling the strings taking the power away from the coach it will always end in tears.

OldPanther

Coach
Everybody else's fault but the Panthers. NRL, Griffen, Cleary, hey maybe you can find a way to blame the Tigers ball boy.

I've already said my piece on it. Do I have to copy and paste an apology into the bottom of every comment? I feel guilty as f**k that Tigers fans have to deal with the drama and never trust a ball boy.

big hit!

Bench
The thing i'm MOST looking forward to one more time ( or will we hear it?) is Mr warm and fuzzy man of the people Gould repeat multiple times ( as he must like hearing himself say it)...."you know rabbs...tell me..what's better than a sunny sunday afternoon at Leichardt Oval?...the hill packed with mums ..dads and kids. ..that's what rugby league is all about...isn't it rabbs!? " He and his ilk line their pockets by cultivating that sentiment which happens to be true for the battlers who their battling club means everything to while he'll happily scheme to ruin it for them for his own self interest ...TOTAL BS artist!

but penrith isn't a battling club.

neither is Parramatta

western sydney maybe, but their teams are not financial battlers. IQ battlers more like it

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The best thing to come out of all this saga, is there is a good chance Gould will fall on his sword or take his over inflated ego to another club...not mine I hope

No he won't. 100% certain he won't. He'll continue to f**k the Panthers up and pretend like nothing is ever his fault.

Latest posts