What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris SL Team dead

SteveM

Juniors
President Larrat is like the frog which wants to be so big than the cow.

Why he gives to the French Ministry of Sports : 10,337 registered players and clubs officials in the FFR13 for the year 2008
http://www.sports.gouv.fr/IMG/xls/LicencesRepDPT08.xls (link by
department)

http://www.sports.gouv.fr/IMG/xls/Li...ascFem2008.xls

Why he gives 30,000 to the media: Propaganda in connection with Petit treize for boys and girls who have played RL 1/2 day(s) in all the year 2008.

150 clubs:
Strange the site of the FFR 13 gives for all categories around 80 clubs !
http://www.ffr13.com/1-13925-Super-League.php

Only 159 registers players in PARIS. Obviously very little RL interest in Paris. In fact, it looks like Toulouse would easily be the better candidate.

Last edited:

Jankuloski

Juniors
Rename the thread. This is not new info. We now all this. The idea behind Paris SL is not that they have grassroots movement and therefore deserve to enter the comp. The idea is that they have the money and they want to invest. Development will go in parallel with the crowd pulling. Money makes the world go around, for once it might work for RL.

jim_57

Staff member
Only 159 registers players in PARIS. Obviously very little RL interest in Paris. In fact, it looks like Toulouse would easily be the better candidate.

Despite you being a troll and making it obvious I firmly agree that Toulouse is the better candidate. The Paris SL bid is far from dead despite what you'd like to believe.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Don't treat me like your daughter mate - I dont even know you.

Family references, you do realise they arent permited under LU guidelines. Also confirms to me that your still well and truely in school (failing im assuming)

Last edited:

bowes

Juniors
That's not a polite way to respond to a very valid point. Talk of Paris in SL in 2012 is just reckless and I'd have thought the situation with Crusaders would prove that the expanionazi approach is highly flawed. Toulouse will be in SL one day, but unless they improve their on field performances massively next year I suspect 2015 is more realistic than 2012

Jankuloski

Juniors
This team practically fell in our lap - they have a stadium and financial structure. RL doesn't have any hope of having a team in Paris in the next 30 years. There is absolutely nothing to loose.

The Crusaders are having problems with the ground they'll play at and with financing the club - not a problem for Paris.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
What have the RL got to lose with a team in Paris? Basically we have to expand or die. And it's worth noting that league and union were roughly the same size geographically 40 to 50 years ago. At the time when league buried it's head up it's own ar$e and said bugger expansion we'll concentrate on the clubs we have....union bagan it's expansion process and you'd have to say it's been a raging success. Now, if union can spread globally with the piece of $hit game they have then why can't league go even better...even if we are 40+ years late.

bobbis

Juniors
What have the RL got to lose with a team in Paris? Basically we have to expand or die. And it's worth noting that league and union were roughly the same size geographically 40 to 50 years ago. At the time when league buried it's head up it's own ar$e and said bugger expansion we'll concentrate on the clubs we have....union bagan it's expansion process and you'd have to say it's been a raging success. Now, if union can spread globally with the piece of $hit game they have then why can't league go even better...even if we are 40+ years late.

They weren't geographically the same size 40 or 50 years ago. Rugby in SA, Argentina, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Italy, Fiji, Japan, Zimbabwe and many other countries isn't a recent thing. Rugby was played in all those countries before the split even occurred.

jim_57

Staff member
Jim, Can you give me your source ?.

No, I don't engage in debate with trolls.

I agree with you that Toulouse should be first and Paris 2015 at the very least with 3 years in Championship.

SteveM

Juniors

RL will lose a lot of creditability if the team it goes down the pan. The most likely scenario is that it will fail.

Toulouse does have at least a RL infrastructure to support a professional team of some sort. A Toulouse team has more chance of success than a team based in Paris.

I honestly just don't know why RL officals just think they can drop a team in where there are no RL fans but some RU fans and it will be a raging success !

It just does not make sense.

SteveM

Juniors
This team practically fell in our lap - they have a stadium and financial structure. RL doesn't have any hope of having a team in Paris in the next 30 years. There is absolutely nothing to loose.

The Crusaders are having problems with the ground they'll play at and with financing the club - not a problem for Paris.

This is pure speculation. Does anyone actually have the facts with good links ?.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Yeah - check the orginal Paris SL thread. They have a stadium that requires tennants.

RL hasn't lost credibility when the PSG failed. And again - this time it's not likely to fail as it has a better financial backing. Nobody cared about RU in Paris either, and those same people created the team and the fans there.

Best case scenario: We get three French clubs, a strong presence and a fourth top tier RL nation. London gets it's derby with Paris, the French TV get a home game every week, and three local derbies.

Worst case scenario: Paris fails, we loose some credibility. I can live with that.

bobbis

Juniors
Yeah - check the orginal Paris SL thread. They have a stadium that requires tennants.

RL hasn't lost credibility when the PSG failed. And again - this time it's not likely to fail as it has a better financial backing. Nobody cared about RU in Paris either, and those same people created the team and the fans there.

Best case scenario: We get three French clubs, a strong presence and a fourth top tier RL nation. London gets it's derby with Paris, the French TV get a home game every week, and three local derbies.

Worst case scenario: Paris fails, we loose some credibility. I can live with that.

They didn't didn't create the team, the club is about 120 years old. To say no 1 cared about RU in Paris is just silly, the last 35 French championship finals and most French test matches have been played in Paris, to significant crowds. 2 Parisian clubs contested the 1st French final, the sport owes its French origins to Paris. The French championship was won 2 years before Guazzini took over Stade by another Paris club Racing, Stade's accent matches Racing's decline in the 90s. The game is more popular in the south and always will be, however its always had a significant presence in Paris. There's no doubt Stade has improved RU's popularity in Paris in the last 2 decades though.

On Stade trying RL, its their money, if they fail it doesn't cost RL, it costs the club. However no point sacrificing a club likely to be more successful in Toulouse.