What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Ball had their best game all year I thought. Since the loss of Schneider I've been impressed how much Nohra stood up, I won't be surprised to see him playing 20s in a few weeks. He scored a barge over try and was denied (wrongly) of a second after backing up through the middle.

I can't see the Bears beating the raiders but then again I never thought we'd beat the knights. If only they had started completing sets a month ago and they'd be guaranteed a finals spot.

100% Agree. But you never know the bears have had some interesting results this year only loosing to Sharks bye 6 points 2 weeks ago.
Im the same as you not thinking Bears can do it, but again i never thought we would win today either.
So anything can happen tomorrow.
If bye any chance we do sneak into 8th spot it would be a redemtion game v Bulldogs who flogged us last week and im confident our boys would love another opportunity to play them

So Schneider won't be playing Flegg this year. Is Taipari out for the season as well?

Schneider wont be playing Flegg at all. He wont be seen until Nrl pre season.
Tiapari was supposed to have had surgery during the week. His also gone for the year.
Well he was scheduled for surgery not sure if its been done yet

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Schneider wont be playing Flegg at all. He wont be seen until Nrl pre season.
I'm sure he will be in next year's development list but that doesn't mean he won't play Flegg next year. Mahoney and Salmon are on full time (development) contracts but they are playing Flegg this week. Or at least they have both been named. Schneider has never played a higher grade than SG Ball. I doubt he will go straight to reserve grade.

I'm sure he will be in next year's development list but that doesn't mean he won't play Flegg next year. Mahoney and Salmon are on full time (development) contracts but they are playing Flegg this week. Or at least they have both been named. Schneider has never played a higher grade than SG Ball. I doubt he will go straight to reserve grade.

Yeah agree. Not sure about development either as im sure he extended and resigned last year. As i mention previously would be interesting to know what deal his on, to sign for long period knowing development contracts were on offer.
I think he will be in 20s system for a year or to two to develope his game.
I think the same with Brown.
Give it 2-3 years i think a few younger players will be on the cusp of NRL.
Stone, Akafloau, Utoikamanu. Dressler, parry, Salmon, Brown, Schneider, Gl, Mahoney, Kaufusi, Topou, Salesi.
Exciting kids all of them

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach

Brad Fittler did put Schneider in an Emerging Blues camp in the off season. If he's going to be good enough why keep him back in the lower grade?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Brad Fittler did put Schneider in an Emerging Blues camp in the off season. If he's going to be good enough why keep him back in the lower grade?

Physically/body not ready yet, but could be after a good offseason with the nrl squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My point is if he is good enough he would have played Flegg already. I doubt he will be so much better by the start of 2019 (coming off a big injury) that he won't need to be tested in Flegg (aged 19) before having a run against grownups. But I guess it's possible.

Chipmunk

Coach
My point is if he is good enough he would have played Flegg already. I doubt he will be so much better by the start of 2019 (coming off a big injury) that he won't need to be tested in Flegg (aged 19) before having a run against grownups. But I guess it's possible.

There also appears to be a bloke slightly older than him who has taken that position in the 20s team last year.

If they're both going to be pretty good players it's unlikely we'll continue with both of them for too much longer in any case.

From what i was told.he was going to be Flegg starting hooker at the start of this year although still being eligible for SG Ball. Both Brown and Schneider apparently were to 2 best through 20s preseason. But our ball side didnt have a hooker.
Also he was 17yo a seasons start so its a little different playing in the middle compared to brown who defends on an edge. Maybe they are looking after him.

Will be interesting Chipmunk to see what the club does.
Both boys are totally different players and im sure both wouldnt have any problems securing a contract else where. I think Mahoney is 2 years older

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mahoney is indeed two years older, and started the year in ISP. I suppose the fact that neither of our top 30 dummy halves are injured yet means that we need to keep the Wenty 9 spot free for King/Pritchard.

Jersey flegg had a tight game against Manly eventually running our winners
Parra 22 v Manly 14

Our SG Ball are out of semi finals on points differential 3pts.
We relied on todays game requiring the Bears to win so we finish 8th
The Raiders requiring a win to take our 8th spot.
Raiders 28 v Bears 20 close game.

We shouldnt have left the decision in other teams hands, Its our own fault over the past 4 weeks.
Only just beating Magpies where other teams flogged them & being flogged ourselves v Roosters and Bulldogs. We only have ourselves to blame.

hindy111

Post Whore
There also appears to be a bloke slightly older than him who has taken that position in the 20s team last year.

If they're both going to be pretty good players it's unlikely we'll continue with both of them for too much longer in any case.

Two hookers with double penetration

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Jersey flegg had a tight game against Manly eventually running our winners
Parra 22 v Manly 14

Our SG Ball are out of semi finals on points differential 3pts.
We relied on todays game requiring the Bears to win so we finish 8th
The Raiders requiring a win to take our 8th spot.
Raiders 28 v Bears 20 close game.

We shouldnt have left the decision in other teams hands, Its our own fault over the past 4 weeks.
Only just beating Magpies where other teams flogged them & being flogged ourselves v Roosters and Bulldogs. We only have ourselves to blame.

Apparently there was a mix up in the scores and we only lost out on the SG Ball finals by 1 point. We also declined a goal attempt from basically next to the posts, almost guaranteed 2 points. There needs to be an investigation.

Latest posts