What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gronk

Staff member
Nice try Nick. As if Sharpie gives a crap that he cant hold office at a club anymore.

What I want to know is why he is not in jail. After all the picture that Nick painted was systemic culture of fraud and deceit.

On the basis that only our CEO and footy manager were made responsible, does that mean the GO5 directed Seward to commit these fraudulent actions or not ? Are they in the shit only bc it happened on their watch ?

Anyone ?

strider

Post Whore
the police investigation and court case did nothing but make everything more murky

best we just step away from the cesspit and never stir the waters again

phantom eel

First Grade
Seems like nothing criminal stuck to Sharpy, Ando or the rest of the GO5, despite all the hype at the time?

At the conclusion of the police and nrl investigations, In terms of criminality at least, it seems like the blame sits squarely with only Irvine and Seward...

Can't wait to hear Jake's views on the plumber's innocence!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Seems like nothing criminal stuck to Sharpy, Ando or the rest of the GO5, despite all the hype at the time?

At the conclusion of the police and nrl investigations, In terms of criminality at least, it seems like the blame sits squarely with only Irvine and Seward...

Can't wait to hear Jake's views on the plumber's innocence!

Doesn't mean their innocent ... like um you know.. semi???

Chipmunk

Coach
Nice try Nick. As if Sharpie gives a crap that he cant hold office at a club anymore.

What I want to know is why he is not in jail. After all the picture that Nick painted was systemic culture of fraud and deceit.

On the basis that only our CEO and footy manager were made responsible, does that mean the GO5 directed Seward to commit these fraudulent actions or not ? Are they in the shit only bc it happened on their watch ?

Anyone ?

So....I'm going to take a guess of something here, but this may not be legally accurate as I'm not completely ofay with the legal structure of the club.

Seward and Irvine have technically committed a crime, because they were part of a fraud by the Parramatta NRL Team perpetrated on the Parramatta Leagues Club. Techically, neither Seward or Irvine were technically part of the Leagues Club (they're is a fine technicality line there though).

On the other side of things. Sharp and Co were board members of the Leagues Club as well as board members of the Parramatta NRL Team... as such, although the entities are seperate, the board members were the same. So, to simplify things, those individuals techically couldn't commit fraud on themselves...

So, just as Seward and Irvine in reality only technically committed a crime because of the structure of the club. That same technically meant that Sharp and Co possibly couldn't commit the same crime.

I think something that needs to also be mentioned is that if Seward and Irvine had been at the many other clubs, definitely Storn, Broncos, Manly and Souths, then their actions wouldn't have been criminal.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
You could have a point ...

A key component of the NRL's evidence against the club and the individuals stems from the recordings of board meetings, in which directors openly discussed whether they had committed "fraud" in paying players more than $3 million over the salary cap since 2013. The governing body has alleged the payments were via third-party arrangements, cash and inflated or fictitious invoices.

The NSW Police Force is poring over the NRL's report in a development that could result in jail time for any officials committing fraud.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-over-salary-cap-scandal-20160517-goxays.html

Conversely if you worked for me and I instructed you to commit fraud, it is likely that you would be held harmless. I note that the cops plan to appeal Sewards verdict.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah but Nick said there was 100s of hours of tapes. Nick said that they stupidly left evidence everywhere. No charges ?

Every director post Fitzy era has been tarnished in some way shape or form by the media but none of them have had criminal charges laid on them... so it just goes to show how much nick and his mates have over reported and slightly exaggerated the extent of damages caused...
I'm just glad to have moved from everyone of them

Gronk

Staff member
Every director post Fitzy era has been tarnished in some way shape or form by the media but none of them have had criminal charges laid on them... so it just goes to show how much nick and his mates have over reported and slightly exaggerated the extent of damages caused...
I'm just glad to have moved from everyone of them
Agreed. So it is plausable the the board uncovered fraud and discussed the ramifications rather than having planned and committed the fraud.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Also how come Sharp was not called for cross examination?
70b0bbec05e70b64c8412c3110547f48

phantom eel

First Grade
So, with the proposals for who can stand for the board in the future... amd I right in thinking Fitzy would still be eligible?