What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen is the best player Cronulla has ever had; Flanagan

shaggs

Coach
I'd have to agree that Gallen is the greatest ever Shark. I just wish he'd show a little bit more humility and stop saying how much he's done for the club at very opportunity.
He is a part of the look at me personalities that society now produces.

Insta this, snapchat that.
I could think of anything worse.

Maccas4177

Juniors

Its the whole "I could of left for this or that", "they came to this club because of me". Its all probably true, but there's no need to say it. Its a bad look.
In any case, its only a minor criticism and I'm not trying to rain on his parade

carcharias

Immortal

He can stand on the roof and call himself the golden god for all I care

He won us a comp!!!!

All the stats say Gallen to me
But
Steve Rogers is THE reason i go for the Sharks. My ultimate hero growing up. The greatest to me he is.
In saying that i could never begrudge anyone picking Gal. He has been a great man for this club.

Quigs

Immortal
Anyone who dons the Black White and Blue is great. Some are just greater than others.

Some of whom should not of been allowed to wear the jersey but when they pulled it down over their shoulder pads they then had the greatness bestowed upon them.

I know that I have enjoyed the great ride. Crikey you buy one ticket and it last 50 years (or was that 51)
What other currnet club can boast that.

It's no contest.

Without his leadership and sheer bloody mindedness we don't get near that trophy. It's a fact.

He's not a great bloke, but it's not a great bloke contest. If he was a great bloke we don't get near that trophy because his negative personality traits did as much to get us over the line as the positive ones did.

He doesnt like me and has made it known and has tried actively to get us taken off the air.

Despite all this; last year I shook his hand and thanked him because as a supporter of this club the premiership was the pinnacle and if it meant we had to have an arsehole in charge to get it, who the hell am I to complain?

taipan

Referee
Gal and Steve Rogers neck and neck.

TBF the best back we ever had, the other the best forward we ever had.

Any disagreement with my decision, will be met by an artillery round aimed at the midriff.

Big Bloke

Juniors
It's no contest.

Without his leadership and sheer bloody mindedness we don't get near that trophy. It's a fact.

He's not a great bloke, but it's not a great bloke contest. If he was a great bloke we don't get near that trophy because his negative personality traits did as much to get us over the line as the positive ones did.

He doesnt like me and has made it known and has tried actively to get us taken off the air.

Despite all this; last year I shook his hand and thanked him because as a supporter of this club the premiership was the pinnacle and if it meant we had to have an arsehole in charge to get it, who the hell am I to complain?

Geez mate, I've heard Gal won't win popularity contests but that's a bit of poor form for him to try and do that to you guys.

But you're right it's what the club needed. Someone to be forthright, frank, bullish, piggish, arrogant, selfish, opinionated, conceited, egotistical, condescending and supercilious.

Manly had it for years with Arthurson, Fulton, Toovey etc, the Roosters have it with Politis, the Broncos with Wally and Wayne, I could go on.

For too many years we were seen as the nice guys of the league, wouldn't put a foot wrong, wouldn't hurt a fly mentality.

Gal has changed all that. And to a degree Flanno has to take some credit too. I've heard he is as tough as teak as well.

I have a feeling that if you ever crossed Flanno or Gal, they'd throw you down the river.

Sludge played for the dragons.
Instant disqualification.
I was literally heart broken when he signed with them. I used to turn up in full Sharks regalia at Jubilee just to watch him play, even if it was third or reserve grade.
He did try and redeem himself by coming back.
Does it not count that his last game in the top flight league was with us?
You've taken me back to a dark place that I thought time had forgotten. ..

Frenzy.

Immortal
It's no contest.

I can live with all this. Don't like Gallen. Don't like Flano.

But there's ya best captain AND coach there.

Pharqing premiership has made me soft.

Val sucks

fizman

Bench
I cannot consider any player that has played First Grade for another Club as the Greatest Shark ever regardless of their contribution.

1. Gallen
2. Ettingshausen

What makes Gallen more special is that in the "modern era" of professional Rugby League he is a one club player.

Here's to Wally Gallen.

Latest posts