What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Blitz

Front-Rower

First Grade
Taumalolo doing the exact same thing Sam did and no charge!!

Hargreaves does it!!

3-4 others did it last night!!! Just look on comments on Sam's twitter page for evidence!!!

Wasn't even a penalty!!

The shot from behind Jason clearly showed a clash of heads. That photo looks like it was taken after the impact had taken place and Yeo is falling backwards.

Springs09

Juniors
When dummy half touches it. I watch plenty of live games rarely does teams leave then always early. That and the wrestle are blights on the game this will fix it

No it's when the ball clears the ruck, which is when it clears the back foot of the player playing the ball. Another reason why players need to use the foot when playing it.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I played the game for 15 years. But yeah, I guess I’ve never played in my entire life. What makes the game so exciting is the free flowing nature of play, which is now essentially non existent because of a penalty for a player being less than 1/4 metre offside

Whether yo agree with it or not, players will never adapt to this style of play because FATIGUE plays apart in a game of rugby league. But That’s only understood if you’ve played.

This would be a valid argument if players weren’t purposely abusing the rules because they know they can get away with it. You’re not fatigued in the first 20 minutes of the game. You’re choosing to be offside in defence because you know how lenient refs have been in the past. The refs are constantly giving warnings to the players who choose to ignore it. It’s a player problem.

Grapple

Bench
When dummy half touches it. I watch plenty of live games rarely does teams leave then always early. That and the wrestle are blights on the game this will fix it

Wow, didn't realise that. Cheers... I can imagine a single ref having trouble viewing both the ruck and defensive line, but should be able to manage it with two.

Clifferd

Coach
This would be a valid argument if players weren’t purposely abusing the rules because they know they can get away with it. You’re not fatigued in the first 20 minutes of the game. You’re choosing to be offside in defence because you know how lenient refs have been in the past. The refs are constantly giving warnings to the players who choose to ignore it. It’s a player problem.

I’m trying to get the point across to people here

The players will never change. They’re only playing the game the way they’ve been bought up to play it.

Can it be fixed? Maybe but I reckon we’ll still get games like Friday night all year. Fatigue is real.

I’m trying to get the point across to people here

The players will never change. They’re only playing the game the way they’ve been bought up to play it.

Can it be fixed? Maybe but I reckon we’ll still get games like Friday night all year. Fatigue is real.
Bullshit players will never change
They're f**king adults .
How hard is it to make them understand if they're inside the 10 or go early or lay all over a tackled player they will be penalised .
If I was earning 500k a year I'm sure I could adjust a few small things that need fixing in my job .
& they are minor .
FFS I know a decent amount of RL players are not real bright .
But it's not rocket science what they're asking them to do .

Clifferd

Coach
Bullshit players will never change
They're f**king adults .
How hard is it to make them understand if they're inside the 10 or go early or lay all over a tackled player they will be penalised .
If I was earning 500k a year I'm sure I could adjust a few small things that need fixing in my job .
& they are minor .
FFS I know a decent amount of RL players are not real bright .
But it's not rocket science what they're asking them to do .

Mate

RL players have been bending the rules since 1908. What makes you think it’ll change all of a suddn with this “ref crackdown”. It’s round 4, and for the millionth time I’ll say this it’s actually No better than it was in round 1. And the refs STILL make the same blunders anyway. I reckon there was atleast another 10 penalties in the warriors game that could’ve been given for players walking off the mark..

Luke Lewis lightly touches Billy slater, he takes a dive, bye bye sin bin. These players can squat 180kg+ but if they get brushed it’s like they’ve been hit by a steam train. But that’s what we want right? Players to take dives

Pommy

Coach
Mate

RL players have been bending the rules since 1908. What makes you think it’ll change all of a suddn with this “ref crackdown”. It’s round 4, and for the millionth time I’ll say this it’s actually No better than it was in round 1. And the refs STILL make the same blunders anyway. I reckon there was atleast another 10 penalties in the warriors game that could’ve been given for players walking off the mark..

Luke Lewis lightly touches Billy slater, he takes a dive, bye bye sin bin. These players can squat 180kg+ but if they get brushed it’s like they’ve been hit by a steam train. But that’s what we want right? Players to take dives

Why can’t we have it that they stay onside and don’t dive? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Rabbits20

Immortal
When Vic Mackey says in a Souths day game spoilers thread that there's not much in it then you know there mustn't have been!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The shot from behind Jason clearly showed a clash of heads. That photo looks like it was taken after the impact had taken place and Yeo is falling backwards.
Fair enough but there has been quite a number of times Taumalolo has done so.

Clifferd

Coach
Why can’t we have it that they stay onside and don’t dive? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Not sure what you’re on about.
Only pointing out the one in the cronulla game where slater runs into lewis and falls over, resulting in a sin bin. Everyone was baffled

LineBall

Juniors
Mate

Walking off the mark isn’t a penalty anymore. I wish it was.

franklin2323

Immortal
No it's when the ball clears the ruck, which is when it clears the back foot of the player playing the ball. Another reason why players need to use the foot when playing it.

The guy playing it doesn't have to touch it though just make an attempt in NRL anyway

Pommy

Coach
Not sure what you’re on about.
Only pointing out the one in the cronulla game where slater runs into lewis and falls over, resulting in a sin bin. Everyone was baffled

Ok I thought you were trying to say it was a symptom of the crackdown.
I agree it was nonsense, Lewis was a clown for doing it and Slater should be going to the World Cup with the Socceroos.

Latest posts