What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peni Moreoa

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
A fair arguement although some are absolutely ready at a younger age. That said, they are probably not as common in how the game is played now days. I think the current thinking of increasing the fatigue in the game is a good thing. Hopefully those decision makers are smarter than the coaches. On second thoughts forget that arguement.

Absolutely there are players ready at a younger age, going back a bit Sonny Bill Williams, Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis were all ready for first grade but, correct me if I'm wrong, all three spent a considerable amount of the then Premier League and the QLD equivalent.

Reserve grade is an important step in a player's pathway to first grade, and I think that has been forgotten in recent years. We expect young players, especially the best of the best, to make a quick transition from 20s to first grade. And in the case of Brisbane's David Fifita making the transition from 18's to the first grade reserves bench without ever being formally named in their 20s or ISC comps.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon tonight could be a good night for Chinese.

Me love you long time Mister.

E4522E5.jpg

Djay

Juniors
We use the poor kid wrong, his not a f**king battering ram, the few times Moses was putting him in holes last year he was looking like a dangerous edge backrower.

I used to think he was over rated but his actually a really good player who is young and has loads of upside, his defence is pretty solid and he runs nice lines when he can but I think we utilise him the wrong way to be honest.

His 22 he has years ahead of him and has shown glimpses of greatness, I really would like to see him utilised as a hole runner and running those nice lines that he does, not just cart the ball up and expect him to bust them every time.

We use the poor kid wrong, his not a f**king battering ram, the few times Moses was putting him in holes last year he was looking like a dangerous edge backrower.

I used to think he was over rated but his actually a really good player who is young and has loads of upside, his defence is pretty solid and he runs nice lines when he can but I think we utilise him the wrong way to be honest.

His 22 he has years ahead of him and has shown glimpses of greatness, I really would like to see him utilised as a hole runner and running those nice lines that he does, not just cart the ball up and expect him to bust them every time.
I'd like to see him used on the edge too, perhaps exclusively. We don't have blokes out there who can bust the line and also barge over for a try. Tepai's size gives him the edge.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He still runs good lines, just most of the time it's as a decoy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seems to me that if Tep is not running amok like Toumolololo or popping passes like Wade Graham, that he is no good. I don't get the hate TBH.

I like the kid, I really do - but he see.s to have no strength.

Every time he runs the ball, he gets stopped, and driven back.

He's a big unit, but he rarely seems to use power I his runs.

He is a great defender, and ok at running the ball - but I'm puzzled as to why he can't use his size more effectively.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe I'm naive but our forwards intent appears always to run directly at defenders and not between them. Most of our forwards are stopped dead at the line.
Also.
We seem to very often have 4 men in the tackle. Quick play the ball and we know what happens.
Anyway. Praying for a miracle.

Eelogical

Referee
Maybe I'm naive but our forwards intent appears always to run directly at defenders and not between them. Most of our forwards are stopped dead at the line.
Also.
We seem to very often have 4 men in the tackle. Quick play the ball and we know what happens.
Anyway. Praying for a miracle.
Praying for a miracle, eh? You think that will work?

Wally21

Bench
I actually think he’s better than average. I would always pick him. Never lets us down.