What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Trials Live Stream

Blues Riff

Bench
Thanks for that Forty. Enjoyable.
The full game day experience, including people blocking the view :lol:.
Good job. Much appreciated.

Chipmunk

Coach
Didn't get to watch the game but as mentioned in another thread our 3/4 are a worry. Kelly we all know he's shit and Sandow will come back for round 1.

I thought Champion looked pretty good actually, Robinson did more than his job, Semi was Semi and Morgan was pretty ordinary. I think we will have to have Takairangi as our left centre

Chipmunk

Coach
Thanks 40/20. Nice work.

On the field I thought at worse there was some encouraging signs out there. Plenty to work on and improve, but we will be competitive.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
On the plus side our central defence has been unbelievable

Yep and from the opening whistle until the end.
And what about how we have greatly improved the control of the ruck...... :thumb:thumb:thumb
This is the best sign that our squad has improved in this critical area quite a lot.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
f**k De Gois or Mannah were MOM, slowly behind is Hoppa and Peats and a cast of ten more closely in line with these 4
Very pleasing to see such improvements.
Just have to f**k of Kelly and Morgan.

Delboy

First Grade
When Kelly is on, we look short on the right where they ran in the tries, wtf does he do in defence

At least Sandow gets onto position,fmd how ordinary is Kelly, like Beau Henry being the Mom numerous times in NYC is no indicator you can play NRL. Those who criticise Norman, have a look at the dude who played inside him today, absolutely pelican

caylo

Bench
I thought Champion looked pretty good actually, Robinson did more than his job, Semi was Semi and Morgan was pretty ordinary. I think we will have to have Takairangi as our left centre

Id have to agree, Peats will start round 1 with possibility of matterson or degois on the bench as a backup/utility. I think DeGois is probably in our top 17 players but im still unsure if he is in our starting 17 (if that makes sense). DeGois is too good for wenty, matterson would add some value off the bench in different roles and would be good to slowly bring him into grade but that might leave us a forward short with sef off the bench as well.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Most definitely our major issues are in the backs.

Possible starting 17 vs Manly Round 1

1 Hoppa
2. Semi
3. Takairangi or Crooks
4 Champion
5. Robinson
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Lussick
9. De Gois
10. Mannah
11. Mau
12. Tepai
13 Whatmough

14 Peats
15. Junior Paulo
16. Gower
17. Pauli Pauli or Joseph Paulo
18 Matterson or Ualesi

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
De Gois defence and organising today was superb.
Peats to 14.
Ease Peats in, make him even hungrier.
Give them each 20 minute rotations and leave them both on when required.
Rotation and together, they are devastating.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Seph played very well IMO....TBH he looks a better ball player than Norman-Kelly or matterson....