What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Siddle - THE MAGNIFICENT

Hero to all the weekend net bowlers around Australia with no natural ability that hard work can get them into the Test team.

Australia day coming up :cool:

siddle-tattoo.jpg

Is that legit?
If so that's one of the worst tattoo jobs I've seen, the stars look all wrong and misshapen. In fact the number of pointers on some isn't even correct.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He had great conditions last night and was pretty poor. Even mitch marsh was bowling some tricky stuff and hes an allrounder.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's done as far as I'm concerned.

But he'll get wickets against a disgraceful Windies team and the clowns in the Commentary box will continue to wank over what an important member of the test side he is.

He's done as far as I'm concerned.

But he'll get wickets against a disgraceful Windies team and the clowns in the Commentary box will continue to wank over what an important member of the test side he is.

Bill Lawry will be back then too. He loves a Victorian no matter how shit they are.

jargan83

Coach
Is he? Can he bat?

Brayshaw seems to think so, but each time I've seen him, the grounds have been big enough to contain him

Mitch Marsh can't even bat at Shield level. Clearly pulling the wrong levers.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Is he? Can he bat?

Brayshaw seems to think so, but each time I've seen him, the grounds have been big enough to contain him

What I find fascinating is that James Faulkner would make any test side in the world not playing on a dust bowl batting at 8 or better, bar Safrica (Morkel, Steyn, Rabada and Philander - I'd probably have him ahead of Rabada but he is on the rise judging by those ODI games in India), and being the third or fourth seamer, and yet he cannot make the Australian team. When MMarsh who would not make any top 7 test team can make the Australian team on "batting potential".

Siddle being selected ahead of Faulkner is ridiculous now that Sids is 125-135kph.

Warner
Burns
Khwaja
Smith
Voges
Nevill
Faulkner FC batting ave 30+
Okeefe FC batting ave 28+
Starc FC 26 test 23
Hazelwood FC 14 but test 23
Pattinson FC 21 but test 30

That is a bloody strong tail with plenty of wicket taking ability and miserly overs from Faulkner and Hazelwood with strike power from Pattinson and Starc and Okeefe for tweak. The batting could be further strengthened by dropping Hazelwood for a batsman not from the Marsh family.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
What I find fascinating is that James Faulkner would make any test side in the world not playing on a dust bowl batting at 8 or better, bar Safrica (Morkel, Steyn, Rabada and Philander - I'd probably have him ahead of Rabada but he is on the rise judging by those ODI games in India), and being the third or fourth seamer, and yet he cannot make the Australian team. When MMarsh who would not make any top 7 test team can make the Australian team on "batting potential".

Siddle being selected ahead of Faulkner is ridiculous now that Sids is 125-135kph.

Warner
Burns
Khwaja
Smith
Voges
Nevill
Faulkner FC batting ave 30+
Okeefe FC batting ave 28+
Starc FC 26 test 23
Hazelwood FC 14 but test 23
Pattinson FC 21 but test 30

That is a bloody strong tail with plenty of wicket taking ability and miserly overs from Faulkner and Hazelwood with strike power from Pattinson and Starc and Okeefe for tweak. The batting could be further strengthened by dropping Hazelwood for a batsman not from the Marsh family.

Nione of Faulkner, Siddle, nor M Marsh (or S Marsh FTR) would make the NZ team - The Marsh's because they're crap, Siddle because we already have a mediocre bowler that can bowl 125-135 all day (Wagner, and perhaps Bracewell), and Faulkner because I think our all-rounders are better anyway, that aside we don't have merkins in our team :)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Nione of Faulkner, Siddle, nor M Marsh (or S Marsh FTR) would make the NZ team - The Marsh's because they're crap, Siddle because we already have a mediocre bowler that can bowl 125-135 all day (Wagner, and perhaps Bracewell), and Faulkner because I think our all-rounders are better anyway, that aside we don't have merkins in our team :)

I'm a Kiwi and would take Faulkner any day ahead of Henry, Bracewell or even the honest toiler Wagner. Craig and Faulkner is a good engine room.

I think Corey Anderson will continue to struggle at test cricket. His batting is very much hoic onside but without Viv Richards eye. His burly body does is at risk of not handling the physical stress of bowling, plus its ordinary pies. Fantastic T20 and ODI cricket with bouncers and 4s and 6's with the bat - but test cricket is not his go at the moment. Major weakness for us in the Lords test loss this year.

Neesham is a better bat, but has problems with spin. His bowling, while more lively than Corey's is often non-eventful. Santner is an interesting prospect if he can become a genuine batsman who bowls a little.

Personally I think the best NZ 'allrounder' to bat at 6, being a genuine batsman who bowls, is Jesse Ryder who is killing it with the ball in England. If McCullum retires from tests at the end of this summer, can we have him back?

JJ

Immortal
No, Ryder is a merkin - no merkins!

I had assumed you meat Faulkner as all-rounder. I am not convinced he offers more as a bowler, but then haven't seen him in domestic cricket

Latest posts