What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately

mxlegend99

Referee
This was random.

Can he come out of retirement if we get injuries to Katoa and Egan? He could still be important to us.

I wanted him to see out the season atleast

Edit
Missed the part about limited training. I hope he gets another game with us atleast. Maybe rest Katoa in our last home game and give Wallace a send off.

Vicpanther

Juniors
my favorite memory was when he was going to leave the field and soward said he had to go off due to a corked thigh and asked wal what was wrong with him his reply was "all good just torn my acl again" then played the whole game while soward sat on the bench. I am so glad he is staying at the club as a coaching role we will be better off for it.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Pound for Pound our toughest Panther.

True clubman. He’s played and will continue to play a huge role in all our future success. I hope that’s not forgotten.

OldPanther

Coach
Pound for Pound our toughest player of the NRL era.

True clubman. He’s played and will continue to play a huge role in all our future success. I hope that’s not forgotten.

Fixed that for you.

It's a shame but I'm guessing he made this decision for the team. He's very selfless. Was a great experience getting to know him when I worked at the club years ago. Hope he coaches us to a premiership at some point. He deserves it.

Sime_11

Juniors
absolute legend, hope all the upcoming players hang off every word he says, glean his knowledge & toughness, all heart this guy

Farewell Panther #448

Fangs

Coach
2nd stint at Penrith was great. Thought his career was gone in 2016 but moving to the 9 was a big change. And if it wasn't for injury he would have played origin in 2017.

Will keep a job at the club, so not farewell just yet.

maple_69

Bench
Top career Pete. Achievements/talent ratio off the charts. I have no doubt he is a huge reason why our young kids are now coming through tough as nails and with an impeccable attitude. Cant help but wonder how our season would have gone last year and where wed be now if he had been our captain.

BxTom

Bench
Peter shows the team and us that it's not the size of the panther in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the panther. Well done to a true Penrith champion!

I too hope that he sticks around for a long time to instill that spirit into the team.

Tom

Munky

Coach
No ACL, that's ridiculous considering what happens to most players when they do it.

Let's not forget him playing the majority of an Origin match with a busted nut.

Whino

Bench
On the flipside Katoa must be at full confidence. He's now the official starting hooker for an NRL club.

I think he has been growing more into the role as the weeks progress. Passing nice and slick, good speed when he runs it and he is taking a few more attacking chances.

OldPanther

Coach
I think he has been growing more into the role as the weeks progress. Passing nice and slick, good speed when he runs it and he is taking a few more attacking chances.

I wouldn't be surprised if Katoa helped Wallace make his decision. No way he retires if he thinks the team is in need.

Latest posts