What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHIL GOULD IS A *edit*

NPK

Bench
Surely the commentators should be impartial - not currently involved in any team, like Gould is. It's like Eddie McGuire commentating Collingwood's games.

Anonymous

Juniors
Edited because I want don't want to have to watch this thread. In the interest of promoting healthy discussion, tone it down to a dull roar.

daslacker

Juniors
I don't mind phil gould.I can see why some people don't.
He is the only one on the panel who tallks well of the tigers
and knows abit about them.He knows his stuff.

Anonymous

Juniors
Yeh I just hate the massive conflict of interests.

To have a bloke coaching state of origin, coaching director of the roosters, writing a column for the herald and to top it off a channel nine commentator is just ridiculous.

He's got his fat fingers in too many pies.

Iafeta

Referee
There shouldn't be an "us" and "we" in commentary. He's employed as an impartial comments man, nothing more. I heard hat on the post match wrap and thought that was rank.

miccle

Bench
Amen. I can just imagine the uproar if Wayne Bennett stood down to become a "Manager" or "Conditioner" at the broncos and commentate part-time. Gus - see the game with both eyes, and don't use "us" and "we". As an almost-qualified journalist, it sickens me to see biased reporting and writing by ex-players etc. who are imo taking jobs from neutral journos and writing/saying whatever they wish.

Razor

Coach
miccle said:
Amen. I can just imagine the uproar if Wayne Bennett stood down to become a "Manager" or "Conditioner" at the broncos and commentate part-time.

Can you actually see a guy who won't even speak to the media starting commentating?

Look at Glen Lazurus - on the Broncos coaching staff and commentates for the 9 network. Don't see you having a problem with him.

Kaz

junior
Razor said:
miccle said:
Amen. I can just imagine the uproar if Wayne Bennett stood down to become a "Manager" or "Conditioner" at the broncos and commentate part-time.

Can you actually see a guy who won't even speak to the media starting commentating?.

Bennett does talk to the media.

Only the media he likes, so that is only a few media people that will get an interview off him.

Most of the Channel 9 team in Sydney are not on the list. :lol:

Gus is ok just likes to stir up trouble sometimes mainly in his Sunday paper column.
He does show who he put money on is his commentary too.
But Matty Johns is no worse.

Who needs Phil Gould shoved down their throats
Paul Harrigan is a better impartial judge than Gould.
If you cant hang around after a Grand Final to give your comments on the biggest game of the year then its time to go.
"they' lost last week and this week-Looks like hes all talk at the moment

Kaz

junior
Holla if ya hear me said:
Who needs Phil Gould shoved down their throats
Paul Harrigan is a better impartial judge than Gould.

You are joking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Over the last two years Gould has become boring.

He used to have a sports show on 2GB radio that was brilliant. he gave great insight into the game and everything that was happening.

Now days, everything that comes out of his mouth seems to have an agenda attached to it and thats really sad.

The final straw for me was him trying to justify the Roosters challenging the salary cap in court. :roll:

I was one of Gould feircest defenders for many years. Now, he doesnt have anything insightfull to say at all. :cry:

Latest posts