What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick a coach, any coach...

Obviously some clubs are expected to have new coaches soon (eg. Souths) where as some clubs will have the same coach for quite a while (eg. Newcastle, Roosters, etc.)

So the question is, if you HAD to pick another coach to replace your current one whenever that may be, who would it be and why?

For the Raiders, I'd love to have Ricky Stuart back to coach the mighty Green Machine, although it might be wishful thinking after previous management stuffed him around in the late 90's, plus I don't see him leaving the Roosters anytime soon... even though I'm quite content with Matty Elliot.

Other than that, Wayne "Snoopy" Collins led our Premier League team to a premiership last year, he'd be a good candidate.

So who would you like to coach your team?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Definatly Stuart

he lead the green machine to glory once before and has always been my all time fav player, i would love him back at canberra but i think thanks to old managment that bridge is burnt

thanks you f**king bastards!!
Although i have my concerns about Elliot he isnt at the stage where im calling for his head yet, infact he isnt even close

Special K

Coach
I like Raper but I'd like to see another former Shark help out ET and Raper and that man being Matty Johns.

innsaneink

Referee
I Bleed Green said:
Obviously some clubs are expected to have new coaches soon (eg. Souths) where as some clubs will have the same coach for quite a while (eg. Newcastle, Roosters, etc.)

So the question is, if you HAD to pick another coach to replace your current one whenever that may be, who would it be and why?

For the Raiders, I'd love to have Ricky Stuart back to coach the mighty Green Machine, although it might be wishful thinking after previous management stuffed him around in the late 90's, plus I don't see him leaving the Roosters anytime soon... even though I'm quite content with Matty Elliot.

Other than that, Wayne "Snoopy" Collins led our Premier League team to a premiership last year, he'd be a good candidate.

Geez any amateur psychiatrist can see this for what it really is...."Quite content" my arse!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Your teams going down the gurgler, the coach is pushin sh!t up hill with a pointy stick, and you thought youre secretly covetting the leading clubs coach. Finally grew the balls to spit it out huh?

innsaneink said:
I Bleed Green said:

Geez any amateur psychiatrist can see this for what it really is...."Quite content" my arse!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Your teams going down the gurgler, the coach is pushin sh!t up hill with a pointy stick, and you thought youre secretly covetting the leading clubs coach. Finally grew the balls to spit it out huh?

Wanker.

If I wasn't content with Elliot as coach, why would I start a thread like this after our great win last weekend, and not after our previous four straight losses? :roll:

Every coach has to move on at some time, I was trying to start an intelligent discussion. Obviously I failed because you posted in this thread...

DJ1

Juniors
In order

Warren Ryan
Wayne Bennett
Craig Bellamy
Chris Anderson
Michael Hagan
Ricky Stuart
Tim Sheens
John Lang

EdBurton

Juniors
John Lang has a good eye for talent so he could be in charge of recruitment.
Phil Gould is good with an actual match day game plan, so he could be head coach.
Ricky Stuart seems to be a good backs coach, (but his forwards often seem a little out of control) so he could be in charge of the backs.
John Lang could double as the Forwards coach aswell, he always seems to get his forwards going forward.
Darryl Halligan, kicking coach. 'nuff said.
Jack Gibson Defensive coach. Record speaks for itself.

Then, MAYBE my beloved Bunnies might be able to make the 8!

But I wouldn't count on it with our management at the club! :cry:

Southernsaint

Staff member
I'd love to have David Waite back.

And furthermore, I'd like to go back in time & make sure it was The Easter Egg who got sacked in 2000 & not Waitey.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts